Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Anyone on here converted (embraced) Islam?

Anyone on here converted (embraced) Islam?

Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:13 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone on here converted (embraced) Islam?

Originally Posted by mikewot
Incorrect. If I had an issue with a single poster the single poster would have been warned. As things were a blanket warning was issued, covering the site rules:
15. Moderator Actions
Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email, or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved.
That's the wrong rule, Mike. This one is about discussing the actions of moderator / admin in private, not about issuing warnings in private. Back to the rule book. Perhaps more apt moderators should arrange training sessions.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:15 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

You choose what you think you 'know' I was writing about and I will know what I was thinking about. A lot like your posts in the forum so far. Thinking and knowing are a touche different.
The more I get to know you, the more I appreciate that there is a possibility of the massive disconnect between what is going on in the head and what ends up on the keyboard.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
No but I am an agnostic and I believe that the existence of the god is unknown and unknowable.
No no no! I do not believe it (as has been stated a million times previously) it's just that there is zero, zip, zilch, nada evidence for a supernatural all seeing, all knowing creature. Show me the merest hint of evidence and I'll be laving the crippled feet in the blink of an eye.
BTW I find it astonishing how you've changed camps in seconds.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:22 pm
Banned

No no no! I do not believe it (as has been stated a million times previously) it's just that there is zero, zip, zilch, nada evidence for a supernatural all seeing, all knowing creature. Show me the merest hint of evidence and I'll be laving the crippled feet in the blink of an eye.
BTW I find it astonishing how you've changed camps in seconds.
It is looking like I was defending a position I did not believe in.

No but I stated on a few occasions I was not very religious, that I did not believe in sinless conception and resurrection and that all I believed in was a set of values that come with Christianity. Can't see how you missed this.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

that all I believed in was a set of values that come with Christianity. Can't see how you missed this.
Because you're a troll. You've defined it yourself.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:24 pm
Banned

It only took 25 pages.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

It only took 25 pages.
Bye!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:31 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Militant in the way that they actually seem to care (i.e. take offence that some people choose to be religious) and argue against the nutters rather than just doing what most other non-religious people do and just ignore them...
I have no care for peoples private religious beliefs, but for many people with religion it transforms in to political action that impacts all our lives. If they kept it to themselves I could not care a hoot, but while it influences war, armaments and health care I feel a need to state a voice of opposition to the politics and to the beliefs that underpin those politics. Particularly as an atheist voice is seldom heard where I currently live. In Britain I never felt that it mattered a hoot, but still Britain went to war in Iraq, partly because some Americas think that the middle east needs taming so that the end of the world can commence. When I lived in Britain, I had no idea how some British policies are formed because America religious influence is so strong on our biggest and strongest ally.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 11:09 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

It only took 25 pages.
erm 41...........
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 1:26 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by britexpat76
erm 41...........
One of my longest ever threads, however it's got a long way to go to beat my top one with over 200 pages...
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 2:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Assume DD has been banned?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 3:31 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

It is looking like I was defending a position I did not believe in.

No but I stated on a few occasions I was not very religious, that I did not believe in sinless conception and resurrection and that all I believed in was a set of values that come with Christianity. Can't see how you missed this.
As was pointed out several times the values that come with Christianity are largely abhorrent, well unless you condone salvery, homophobia religious wars, killing your wife for wearing the thread of two different cloths, infanticide and so on. But hey if you think that's acceptable you go for it just don't expect anyone with a modicum of sense to agree with you and not belittle you
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 7:43 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scamp
Assume DD has been banned?
Why should he be banned for speaking his opinion?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 7:46 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Why should he be banned for speaking his opinion?
Agreed he shouldn't be banned for that.

I'd debate strongly a slapping for refusing to read others posts or reply to any of the points people replied with to his questions but banned no.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 9:31 am
Account Closed

4. Trolling
Trolling on this site is not tolerated. We define trolling as any inflammatory threads or posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members. Anyone found making such posts will be removed from the forums.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.