Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Anyone Heard Of ****** and Partners?

Anyone Heard Of ****** and Partners?

Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Heard Of ****** and Partners?

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Just received a cold call from these guys, claiming that they had received my details from a 'friend' of mine. Had never heard of the guy they claim to have received my info from.......

Tried to find out some stuff online about them but, while there website is full of links, nothing substantive....

Anyone know about them / had dealings with them...??

Now why wont it let me type d e V e r e....???
I have dealt with them as a supplier...They were happy, but I wasn't...
Also there was a thread about these people and their way of "conducting their business", it is deleted cause Ive been trying to find it for a while now and I'm not successful...
Be careful though...And my sympathies to the 'owie...His eye colour might change soon...
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
he's obviously worrying about his retiremnet now he's inching towards his 50's.
Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Good point, well put... Have to admit, I think that as soon as you reach 40+ you have to start thinking about that!!

Gives me a year or two of wild spending before I have to worry about it!!!!
I started mine 5 years ago and I'm not even mid-thirty!!!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I became a client of theirs by 'default' without knowing it - they took over a (reputable) company that I had dealings with in a totally different capacity.

When I raised an issue with the underlying service provider, a nice spokeslady there warned me about them, to which I asked "Why are you mentioning them?" to which she replied "You're a client of theirs......".

How's this? If you work there, you have to provide YOUR OWN PC/LAPTOP, even if you are sitting in THEIR office. YOU pay the phone bills that you incur calling clients for them.

It's commission only, and if you resign, you forego earned-but-as-yet-unpaid commissions........... (which, even in the UAE, is probably illegal).

That barge pole that MM mentioned - make sure you thoroughly disinfect it before not touching them with it...........

Avoid.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Dean
I became a client of theirs by 'default' without knowing it - they took over a (reputable) company that I had dealings with in a totally different capacity.

When I raised an issue with the underlying service provider, a nice spokeslady there warned me about them, to which I asked "Why are you mentioning them?" to which she replied "You're a client of theirs......".

How's this? If you work there, you have to provide YOUR OWN PC/LAPTOP, even if you are sitting in THEIR office. YOU pay the phone bills that you incur calling clients for them.

It's commission only, and if you resign, you forego earned-but-as-yet-unpaid commissions........... (which, even in the UAE, is probably illegal).

That barge pole that MM mentioned - make sure you thoroughly disinfect it before not touching them with it...........

Avoid.
Well, in this case, a clever salesman would "missed call" the prospect and hang up, let the prospect call him back...Huge savings on phone bills...
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
fair point, i know this it was just a bit of a statement you made..
more than a bit of a statement...hubbie is in the investment/asset management business, so i have heard what he's got to say about them, it's not good...

MM, xx
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

To add to this, we have 2 policies arranged through PIC DV and have absolutely no problem with them. We get 3-monthly update visits from the advisor to let us know how things are performing and re-assessing the policy. I am impressed with the service we receive from them.

Got put in contact with them via our mortgage provider here in Dubai. Yes, they asked for the 5 names (well, if you work on comission you needs leads from somewhere) and of our 5 referals that we gave, I know that 3 have also signed up.

Neither us or the 3 referals have anything bad to say against them. It may come down to the individual you deal with, but our contacts have been spot on.

Why not have the advisor/sales person come and see you, have a chat and see how you feel with them and their knowledge/advice/sales pitch. If you're not happy with them, show them the door and don't give them any names for referal.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbies
To add to this, we have 2 policies arranged through PIC DV and have absolutely no problem with them. We get 3-monthly update visits from the advisor to let us know how things are performing and re-assessing the policy. I am impressed with the service we receive from them.

Got put in contact with them via our mortgage provider here in Dubai. Yes, they asked for the 5 names (well, if you work on comission you needs leads from somewhere) and of our 5 referals that we gave, I know that 3 have also signed up.

Neither us or the 3 referals have anything bad to say against them. It may come down to the individual you deal with, but our contacts have been spot on.

Why not have the advisor/sales person come and see you, have a chat and see how you feel with them and their knowledge/advice/sales pitch. If you're not happy with them, show them the door and don't give them any names for referal.
that would be ok if they gave you some referral fee if they do business with the people you put them in touch with!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
that would be ok if they gave you some referral fee if they do business with the people you put them in touch with!
...and if you didn't get a bollocking from your mates / colleagues for giving out their details....
I certainly hate having mine given out by people without asking me first.

I had a consultation from these guys....it's apparently a no-obligation discussion and sales pitch....but after it's done boy do you get hounded to sign up. For various reasons I put the process on hold intially but my phone rings about twice a week now and now that i'm no longer interested I'm not answering...I want to see how long they persist....i'm up to about 4 months.....they still ring.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:38 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Why on earth would anyone refer their mates to a company before they have proved themselves worthy? I think it is a cheek to ask for referrals at a first meeting.

A word to the wise - before dealing with any adviser, ask about their experience and qualifications. There is barely any regulation here so someone that was flogging double-glazing a few weeks ago, could now be 'advising' you on your financial future.

There is generally a reason why certain companies have a bad reputation.

-
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:46 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect the reason why their name cannot be mentioned is that if anything at all negative about them is posted on any website, they send out 'cease & desist' letters. They employ a US based law form, so I am not even sure it has any validity in the UAE anyway (Inse?).

Now, surely you have to receive a lot of negative publicity to use those sort of tactics?

And decent IFA will do proper holistic financial planning, not just flog a savings plan. They should also offer you the option of fees if you prefer and in my book high pressure selling is unprofessional.

-
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I suspect the reason why their name cannot be mentioned is that if anything at all negative about them is posted on any website, they send out 'cease & desist' letters. They employ a US based law form, so I am not even sure it has any validity in the UAE anyway (Inse?).

Now, surely you have to receive a lot of negative publicity to use those sort of tactics?

And decent IFA will do proper holistic financial planning, not just flog a savings plan. They should also offer you the option of fees if you prefer and in my book high pressure selling is unprofessional.

-
Qu'est-ce que c'est 'holistic' en Anglais, ma petite?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:25 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

means the 'full bhuna'

Storyboard of financial plans from the day your parents collect your Baby Bond to the day your next of kin cashes the funeral fund for the party!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:46 pm
Bored liberal

It is about looking a someone's complete financial situation from protection to investment by way of savings, inheritance tax, financial objectives and general tax issues, if relevant, as opposed to pitching up, selling a high commission paying plan and ignoring other issues as they don't pay.

D'accord?

-