British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Anyone have their own medical insurance... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/anyone-have-their-own-medical-insurance-647503/)

littlejimmy Jan 5th 2010 2:10 pm

Anyone have their own medical insurance...

with worldwide coverage?

If so...and if you would be so kind...who do you use and how much does it cost (ball park)?

Roadking Jan 5th 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Anyone have their own medical insurance...

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 8220094)
with worldwide coverage?

If so...and if you would be so kind...who do you use and how much does it cost (ball park)?

Cigna provide worldwide coverage and pretty good cover levels. Most countries have local suppliers where they carry out the "work" and bill direct. Sorry mate, no idea what the costs are.

norsk Jan 5th 2010 6:29 pm

BUPA do a worldwide policy. When I checked a few months ago it was approx £800 per year if living in Saudi....

Meow Jan 6th 2010 4:42 am

Cigna & BUPA are largely suppliers of company schemes and are not competitive for personal plans. The two markets operate very differently.

Littlejimmy - I will PM you as I deal with individual plans on a regular basis. Note that price varies dependent of level of cover, age and region.

-

lionheart Jan 6th 2010 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8222159)
Cigna & BUPA are largely suppliers of company schemes and are not competitive for personal plans. The two markets operate very differently.

Littlejimmy - I will PM you as I deal with individual plans on a regular basis. Note that price varies dependent of level of cover, age and region.

-

Would you please PM me too as HSBC and AXA are the only guys offering me quotes to date.

Euc- Jan 6th 2010 5:41 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8222176)
Would you please PM me too as HSBC and AXA are the only guys offering me quotes to date.

And for me please :)

Meow Jan 6th 2010 7:13 am

PMs sent to all three.

-

Autonomy Jan 6th 2010 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8222374)
PMs sent to all three.

-

*kerching* ;)

Autonomy Jan 6th 2010 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8222374)
PMs sent to all three.

-

Actually to be fair - Meow sorted out my wife and I medical insurance and they have been excellent. Prompt payments and no hassle.

littlejimmy Jan 6th 2010 9:42 am

E-mail on its way...

Meow Jan 6th 2010 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8222465)
*kerching* ;)

If only! Really not much income to be made from individual medical plans, but it is a public duty. ;)

-

caroltanbh Jan 6th 2010 10:39 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 8220094)
with worldwide coverage?

Hi,
I used to work for Ace Insurance, and I know they operate from more than 50 different countries.
Most of their policies provide world-wide coverage, and they are pretty affordable. You may want to check with the office in your country as they provide different coverage in different country.
I'm sorry I can only compare what they offer in Singapore.
Their accident plan for example is less than $5 per month while most of the other insurance company is offering at a premium of between $30-$50 per month.
You may want to check out what they offer at your end?
Hope it help.

Patsy Stoned Jan 7th 2010 12:42 pm

I also did my health insurance through Meow. Goodhealth company. competitive rates so am happy :)

Madam Medusa Jan 7th 2010 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8225958)
I also did my health insurance through Meow. Goodhealth company. competitive rates so am happy :)

they are a great company...now called aetna, btw...

MM, xx

Patsy Stoned Jan 7th 2010 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8226015)
they are a great company...now called aetna, btw...

MM, xx

My docs say
"GoodHealth"
An Aetna company