Anyone fancy a beer?

Old May 21st 2014, 12:15 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone fancy a beer?

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Four starred ?
****ing right
Old May 21st 2014, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Yes, it is greed disguised as faux generosity unless you win but don't take the money on principles. This makes you not greedy but on the other hand an insufferable do gooder.

There is no win here, only smaller bites being taken out of your soul.
The opposing party in this was told months ago when info was passed that I'd be claiming it. His defence was nothing but silence and an inability to construct any argument.

Win this one or lose it, it's semi-irrelevant because occasionally these things come up, if you've been shafted you give less away, if it's all friendly then you get more / give more.
Old May 21st 2014, 12:37 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
****ing right
**** you you ****ing **** of a ****, may you stand on an upturned plug in the dark.
Old May 21st 2014, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing better than the moral high ground, Scamp. Way more important than the short term money.
Old May 21st 2014, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Nothing better than the moral high ground, Scamp. Way more important than the short term money.
I accepted the no.

I got told on the sly that it's been suggested the other person thinks about the long term gain.

I might come out of this with cash, with long term gain and a slither of moral elevation left.
Old May 21st 2014, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I got told on the sly that it's been suggested the other person thinks about the long term gain.
Probably why he said nothing a few months back when you tried to shaft him. He played you and worked in the background. Got to respect that.

Welcome to my world.
Old May 21st 2014, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

Probably why he said nothing a few months back when you tried to shaft him. He played you and worked in the background. Got to respect that.

Welcome to my world.
OR, alternative view, I asked for 25% at the time of passing.

Then, smartly waited until a deal came along and put my hand out.

There are WAY too many arguments in recruitment (and other sales offices) over deals that aren't done / aren't going to be done / are miles from being done.

If it was the other way round I'd have given 25%. Genuinely. Because I'd expect it (and currently do).

We'll see how it plays out.
Old May 21st 2014, 1:15 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to my world.
You would think the funding/political investment world would be a little less back stabby.
Must be filled with a right bunch of slippery *****. Present company excluded of course.
Old May 21st 2014, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You would think the funding/political investment world would be a little less back stabby.
Must be filled with a right bunch of slippery *****. Present company excluded of course.
In an investment bank you get stabbed in the chest so you can see it coming. Here, it's up your arse.

It what happens when the reward system is not based on objective measures.
Old May 21st 2014, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

All sales environments are. Where there's a deal, there's bonus. Who wants to share bonus? Not me.

Who works out what a bonus is worth before the deal comes in? Everyone. No matter how much they protest.
Old May 21st 2014, 1:32 pm
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by Scamp
All sales environments are. Where there's a deal, there's bonus. Who wants to share bonus? Not me.

Who works out what a bonus is worth before the deal comes in? Everyone. No matter how much they protest.
I have my bonus written into my contract so I don't get into any unseemly schemozzles in work, but then again I am not competing against work colleagues. The more I get usually means the more they get.
Old May 21st 2014, 1:33 pm
Knee deep and rising

It what happens when the reward system is not based on objective measures.
That's the root of the whole problem really.
Old May 21st 2014, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

I have my bonus written into my contract so I don't get into any unseemly schemozzles in work, but then again I am not competing against work colleagues. The more I get usually means the more they get.
Different type of job. You have to do what you have to do. If they feel you've done it right, you get the bonus (based on the pre-agreed personal / company KPIs + any guaranteed etc).

I get my commission from doing my job. It's uncapped, it's based on what I do and directly linked to nothing but what I bring in. 40% seems a bit light sometimes though...

Same same but different.
Old May 25th 2014, 8:17 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Well I totally forgot so felt a little guilty when I remembered and came on here to find out what I missed.

Would be up for a beer before the summer. We are leaving for good after that. 10 years in the sandpit. Enough.

It's been emotional and after a quarter of my life here, a little nervous moving on.
Old May 25th 2014, 8:54 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Well I totally forgot so felt a little guilty when I remembered and came on here to find out what I missed.

Would be up for a beer before the summer. We are leaving for good after that. 10 years in the sandpit. Enough.

It's been emotional and after a quarter of my life here, a little nervous moving on.
Stop being so pessimistic..it could be a tenth of your life

Always look on the bright side !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.