British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Anyone fancy a beer? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/anyone-fancy-beer-832003/)

scrubbedexpat141 May 20th 2014 4:35 pm

Re: Anyone fancy a beer?

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11268245)
Tonight. Puccini's, on the El Jadida Corniche, about 7 o'clock. Nice cold ice cold Speciale, and perhaps a pizza.

Sounds good. Too full to travel though, just had a sausage and bacon and sweet potato and feta salad. Tidy

TheShed May 21st 2014 5:31 am

Oh dear, I hate to be the one to do this, but my firm has just booked me on a trip leaving late afternoon - I cant make it :frown:

Sorry Scamp et al.

Brains1983 May 21st 2014 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11268169)
Who else?

Brains?

I'm going to Motor City to look at a car, however will stop in on the way back depending on how long I take. Where's TECOM is that bit across from Internet City?

Millhouse May 21st 2014 6:55 am

I never confirmed, but I now confirm that I won't be coming :( I've been travelling for the last three weeks and got back yesterday afternoon so will be in front of the TV watching Netflix.

Shame, as I'm quite keen to show off the new skinny me :)

TheShed May 21st 2014 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11269395)
I never confirmed, but I now confirm that I won't be coming :( I've been travelling for the last three weeks and got back yesterday afternoon so will be in front of the TV watching Netflix.

Shame, as I'm quite keen to show off the new skinny me :)

Just because I'm not going Millhouse? Come on, someone has to hold up the bankers corner with me and Deano not there!!!

scrubbedexpat141 May 21st 2014 8:17 am

Well this is falling apart quicker than Saints' first team squad.

Is anyone left in or shall we re-arrange to a better date?

al dente May 21st 2014 8:57 am

Soz Scamp. :drinkwine:

The_Citizen May 21st 2014 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11269466)
Well this is falling apart quicker than Saints' first team squad.

Is anyone left in or shall we re-arrange to a better date?

I would be up for a re-arrange.

scrubbedexpat141 May 21st 2014 10:21 am

**** it. I'm not going. I'm shattered and having an utterly shit day at work.

Some dumb **** in India decided he forgot his son starts college next year so can't fly for the new position in India....tomorrow. At least it didn't cost me (not cost, just didn't make me) over 8,000 in bonus.

To make matters even more fun, some **** in the office just wriggled out of splitting some revenue with me, another 4,000 not earned.

At least I can go home and know I'm not greedy. :blink:

weasel decentral May 21st 2014 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11269638)
At least I can go home and know I'm not greedy. :blink:

You cannot claim not to be greedy, you can only claim you have failed at being greedy.
Failed ironically probably because you were not being greedy enough, which may in fact by circular logic prove that you are not greedy.

But only when you do not succeed at being greedy.

Capiche?

Bahtatboy May 21st 2014 11:22 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 11269711)
You cannot claim not to be greedy, you can only claim you have failed at being greedy.
Failed ironically probably because you were not being greedy enough, which may in fact by circular logic prove that you are not greedy.

Capiche?

I'm expecting a four-star response :D

weasel decentral May 21st 2014 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11269734)
I'm expecting a four-star response :D

Four starred ?

scrubbedexpat141 May 21st 2014 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 11269711)

Capiche?

However, it looks like sort of taking the moral high ground is going to play into my favour. I've succeeded in gaining the pity vote from the MD on the second issue. Let's see what happens.

So, if succesful I'm greedy, if not, I'm not greedy. If I'm not then I'm happy not being greedy by being less than completely greedy in the first instance. But if I succeed then I become greedy because the non-greediness of my initial actions are ultimately aimed at increasing my money which is greedy. It's fighting greed with greed. Owning 100% of something you shouldn't own 100% of is greedy. So combatting greed with my greed almost balances it out, making my greed less unreasonable to stomach. If my non-greed is successful it automatically becomes greed because I win?

Meow May 21st 2014 12:10 pm

I'm really sorry, but I have to bail too. That's the only reason I'm here at the moment. I am up to my eyes in work (plus pre-holiday work panic) and am seeing a client at 7pm.

Definitely another time. x

weasel decentral May 21st 2014 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11269810)
However, it looks like sort of taking the moral high ground is going to play into my favour. I've succeeded in gaining the pity vote from the MD on the second issue. Let's see what happens.

So, if succesful I'm greedy, if not, I'm not greedy. If I'm not then I'm happy not being greedy by being less than completely greedy in the first instance. But if I succeed then I become greedy because the non-greediness of my initial actions are ultimately aimed at increasing my money which is greedy. It's fighting greed with greed. Owning 100% of something you shouldn't own 100% of is greedy. So combatting greed with my greed almost balances it out, making my greed less unreasonable to stomach. If my non-greed is successful it automatically becomes greed because I win?

Yes, it is greed disguised as faux generosity unless you win but don't take the money on principles. This makes you not greedy but on the other hand an insufferable do gooder.

There is no win here, only smaller bites being taken out of your soul.:D