Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Construction able to help!!

Anyone in Construction able to help!!

Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:35 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Chris_m's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 186
Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Construction able to help!!

Am looking to source 2 low loaders. Anyone on here have any dealings with logistics companies that are selling any trailers??

There are to be bought and exported to Afghanistan.

Any leads please pm me with Contact details.

Thanks Chris
Chris_m is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2012, 3:38 am
  #2  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 174
tayls123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Construction able to help!!

Originally Posted by Chris_m View Post
Am looking to source 2 low loaders. Anyone on here have any dealings with logistics companies that are selling any trailers??

There are to be bought and exported to Afghanistan.

Any leads please pm me with Contact details.

Thanks Chris
Al Jaber. There bankrupt and trying to sell off anything that anyone is willing to buy.
http://www.aljaber.com/en/index.aspx

if that fails try alatas, al majdouie...
tayls123 is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:01 am
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
Boomhauer's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,319
Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Construction able to help!!

Originally Posted by tayls123 View Post
Al Jaber. There bankrupt and trying to sell off anything that anyone is willing to buy.
http://www.aljaber.com/en/index.aspx

if that fails try alatas, al majdouie...
Their website does not mention any bankruptcy, it's business as usual.
Boomhauer is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:10 am
  #4  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 174
tayls123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Construction able to help!!

Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Their website does not mention any bankruptcy, it's business as usual.
anyone in the construction/logistics industry knows there bankrupt and the Al Jaber family have been trying to shift the company for years. they're not pulling in any projects. no one is interested in buying them due to the debt they've accumulated. ask around, im sure you can find a dozen or so people to confirm this.
tayls123 is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:11 am
  #5  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 174
tayls123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Construction able to help!!

i gave the website so that he can find the contact details as i don't have them off hand..
tayls123 is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:28 am
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
Boomhauer's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,319
Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Construction able to help!!

Originally Posted by tayls123 View Post
anyone in the construction/logistics industry knows there bankrupt and the Al Jaber family have been trying to shift the company for years. they're not pulling in any projects. no one is interested in buying them due to the debt they've accumulated. ask around, im sure you can find a dozen or so people to confirm this.
Oh I am not counter arguing , just wondered out loud if 99% of the companies in the GCC simply deny and cover up any and all detrimental financial situations much like with Dubai Inc. and the property market.

It looks like Al Jaber has their own mobile platforms, I guess they are competing with the likes of Mammoet. Heavy lift seems like something that requires years and years of on the job expereince, or is it?
Boomhauer is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:53 am
  #7  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 174
tayls123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Construction able to help!!

Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Oh I am not counter arguing , just wondered out loud if 99% of the companies in the GCC simply deny and cover up any and all detrimental financial situations much like with Dubai Inc. and the property market.

It looks like Al Jaber has their own mobile platforms, I guess they are competing with the likes of Mammoet. Heavy lift seems like something that requires years and years of on the job expereince, or is it?
like with all things in the middle east, if you want it done properly you go to the experts. i assume they're not cheap but i know they are a hell of a lot more professional then the rest of these clowns.

as far as i know Al Jaber are a Qatari family and they've been in the mire for a while...so much so that rumour has it they've stripped most of the logo's off the cranes working on site in case they can get a quick sale. i've seen one so far that had no markings but was distinctly Al Jaber colours with an Al Jaber crane operator. could have been cross hired but who knows...
tayls123 is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2012, 8:03 am
  #8  
BE Forum Addict
 
co durham boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,883
co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Construction able to help!!

Originally Posted by tayls123 View Post
like with all things in the middle east, if you want it done properly you go to the experts. i assume they're not cheap but i know they are a hell of a lot more professional then the rest of these clowns.

as far as i know Al Jaber are a Qatari family and they've been in the mire for a while...so much so that rumour has it they've stripped most of the logo's off the cranes working on site in case they can get a quick sale. i've seen one so far that had no markings but was distinctly Al Jaber colours with an Al Jaber crane operator. could have been cross hired but who knows...
The Al jaber you refer to are a prominent U.A.E family who are very very wealthy indeed . They're a different family to the Qatari Al Jabers who also have a major construction group based in Doha .

Al Jaber's debt was restructured in December and part of their manufacturing business was streamlined as part of this process , you're correct in assuming that the business has a lot of debt but they also have a lot of work and projects throughout the region as well . This has helped them to secure the refinancing of the debt itself.

They're no different to any local U.A.E contractor at this present time . They are owed a lot of money from past projects and have a depleted order book in A.D due to shelved or cancelled projects.
co durham boy is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2012, 8:15 am
  #9  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 174
tayls123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Construction able to help!!

Originally Posted by co durham boy View Post
The Al jaber you refer to are a prominent U.A.E family who are very very wealthy indeed . They're a different family to the Qatari Al Jabers who also have a major construction group based in Doha .

Al Jaber's debt was restructured in December and part of their manufacturing business was streamlined as part of this process , you're correct in assuming that the business has a lot of debt but they also have a lot of work and projects throughout the region as well . This has helped them to secure the refinancing of the debt itself.

They're no different to any local U.A.E contractor at this present time . They are owed a lot of money from past projects and have a depleted order book in A.D due to shelved or cancelled projects.
I know very little about this, but i work with people in the know...i was told a member of Al Jaber approached the company i work for wondering if we were interested in buying the heavy lift branch of the group. it was knocked back because the cranes were decrepit and the trailers were falling apart. AND...that they still owed money for equipment to the manufacturers. i'm not high enough or privvy enough to get confirmation for this...but i was told there's a bid in for it from a heavy lift company not currently in the middle east...whether or not any of this is true...or its some boys just bullshitting over coffee...i couldnt tell you...
tayls123 is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2012, 12:27 pm
  #10  
Knee deep and rising
 
weasel decentral's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,788
weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Construction able to help!!

Originally Posted by Chris_m View Post
Am looking to source 2 low loaders. Anyone on here have any dealings with logistics companies that are selling any trailers??

There are to be bought and exported to Afghanistan.

Any leads please pm me with Contact details.

Thanks Chris
Doesn't sound like a feasible idea to send them from UAE to Afghanistan to me, too much red tape and messing about involved. If you know someone there you should source them in the country, I'd imagine there is a lot of stuff like this available through the companies working for the military there, who are now leaving.
I have seen one logistics poster here before mention Iraq and Kuwait and those kind of places, try searching through the job discussions posts.
weasel decentral is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2012, 3:38 pm
  #11  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,125
busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Construction able to help!!

Originally Posted by tayls123 View Post
anyone in the construction/logistics industry knows there bankrupt and the Al Jaber family have been trying to shift the company for years. they're not pulling in any projects. no one is interested in buying them due to the debt they've accumulated. ask around, im sure you can find a dozen or so people to confirm this.
yep but it doesnt help if they put in for bids and then they cancel the projects.
busybee2 is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2012, 3:41 pm
  #12  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,125
busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Construction able to help!!

Originally Posted by tayls123 View Post
like with all things in the middle east, if you want it done properly you go to the experts. i assume they're not cheap but i know they are a hell of a lot more professional then the rest of these clowns.

as far as i know Al Jaber are a Qatari family and they've been in the mire for a while...so much so that rumour has it they've stripped most of the logo's off the cranes working on site in case they can get a quick sale. i've seen one so far that had no markings but was distinctly Al Jaber colours with an Al Jaber crane operator. could have been cross hired but who knows...
al jaber are a uae family.
busybee2 is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:54 pm
  #13  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 174
tayls123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Construction able to help!!

in KSA there are hundreds of projects: Yanbu, Rabigh, Jubail, Shaybah...and yet Al Jaber can't get a contract for love nor money...don't be surprised if Al Jaber Heavy Lift is taken over within the year, thats all i'm saying...
tayls123 is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:48 pm
  #14  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Chris_m's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 186
Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Construction able to help!!

Originally Posted by tayls123 View Post
Al Jaber. There bankrupt and trying to sell off anything that anyone is willing to buy.
http://www.aljaber.com/en/index.aspx

if that fails try alatas, al majdouie...
Thanks for that, much appreciated.

So far only able to source suitable units in Oz. Shipping time is too long sadly. plus the spec is quite stringent. So they'd need to be inspecting before purchase. Not really feesable in Oz
Chris_m is offline  
Old Feb 1st 2012, 3:34 am
  #15  
BE Forum Addict
 
co durham boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,883
co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Construction able to help!!

http://www.goricagroup.com/ make the best ones in the Gulf , they might know of a used dealer for you if you give them the spec .

If i was looking to bring in a 2 used low beds i would go to Sharjah and pick two up there.

There's no need to pay top dollar , there's so much used equipment in Dubai you'll be able to pick two up for peanuts.

The used market for plant is still fairly busy , everything goes into K.S.A , Iraq , Pakistan , Afghanistan and The Balkans .

I've sold stuff here which basically needs putting in a hole but have moved it on because there's a market for it.

Sharjah , Ra Al Khor and Al Quoz will get you what you need . Trailers are piss easy to fabricate but my advice is to take someone along who knows what they're looking at .
Dimensions , structural integrity and running gear are all important . A low bed has to be a certain height by law or you'll be headbutting bridges .
co durham boy is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.