British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Any other footie widows out there? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/any-other-footie-widows-out-there-611595/)

MrsHawkes May 27th 2009 8:53 pm

Any other footie widows out there?

Hi girls,

So anyone else been abandoned tonight apart from me?

x x x

Kate2112 May 27th 2009 8:59 pm

Re: Any other footie widows out there?

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes (Post 7609983)
Hi girls,

So anyone else been abandoned tonight apart from me?

x x x

When "interviewing" for a husband/boyfriend always check out if they like sports. If you like sports fine, if you don't dodge the sportsfans. Invariably the more obsessive the sportsfan, the less likely it is they actually do anything sporty - future couchpotato :)

MrsHawkes May 27th 2009 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Kate2112 (Post 7609998)
When "interviewing" for a husband/boyfriend always check out if they like sports. If you like sports fine, if you don't dodge the sportsfans. Invariably the more obsessive the sportsfan, the less likely it is they actually do anything sporty - future couchpotato :)

Hi Kate2112,

Well believe it or not i actually wanted someone with a hobby/sport....mainly football (that was before he shipped me off to Dubai!).

Anyway, where are you?

Kate2112 May 27th 2009 9:07 pm

Seattle with my non sports obsessed husband :)

MrsHawkes May 27th 2009 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Kate2112 (Post 7610025)
Seattle with my non sports obsessed husband :)

:rofl: Cool!

Are you British? How did you end up in Seattle?

I loved the film! (Meg Ryan!)

I'm watching SATC just now. I love it. Do you watch it?

x x x

Kate2112 May 27th 2009 9:26 pm

Yep I'm British. Met an American in London, fell in love and while on vacation in the US he asked me to marry him.

I have watched the whole SATC series, got hooked :)

Loved Sleepless too.

Are you enjoying Dubai?

MrsHawkes May 27th 2009 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Kate2112 (Post 7610084)
Yep I'm British. Met an American in London, fell in love and while on vacation in the US he asked me to marry him.

I have watched the whole SATC series, got hooked :)

Loved Sleepless too.

Are you enjoying Dubai?

Oh thats really sweet.

I've got the whole series on dvd but i can't help watch it when it's on!

Well i think Dubai is a amazing place but for me it will never be home i don't think. It needs to be though. What to do?

Big just kissed Carrie and he's married to Natasha!!! OMG
(yeah i've seen it before:rofl:)
Anyway i never liked Aidan that much. I think he's kinda yucky?!

What time is it in Seattle?

moto111 May 27th 2009 9:38 pm

I have, doesn't bother me though as I am still working - will go off to bed soon:)

moto111 May 27th 2009 9:41 pm

He'll most likely come home rat arsed as well - because Man U have lost:thumbdown:

Kate2112 May 27th 2009 9:42 pm

2.40pm

I quite liked Aidan - thought he was too good for Carrie. Her and Mr Big can smoke themselves to death together :)

It can be hard to make another place home, half the battle is wanting to make the best of it.

MrsHawkes May 27th 2009 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by moto111 (Post 7610127)
I have, doesn't bother me though as I am still working - will go off to bed soon:)

Yes just got that drunken phone call! Dosen't look like hubbie is coming home anytime soon! Should i go back out to meet him?

moto111 May 27th 2009 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes (Post 7610163)
Yes just got that drunken phone call! Dosen't look like hubbie is coming home anytime soon! Should i go back out to meet him?

Oh no don't go and meet him, I certainly won't with mine, I'll let him come in, he'll whinge a bit and talk absolute rubbish and then will have problems getting up tomorrow:rofl::rofl:

MrsHawkes May 27th 2009 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Kate2112 (Post 7610137)
2.40pm

I quite liked Aidan - thought he was too good for Carrie. Her and Mr Big can smoke themselves to death together :)

It can be hard to make another place home, half the battle is wanting to make the best of it.

1.53am in Dubai

I thought Aidan was too big and annoying to be honest. I LOVE BIG but i still wouldn't have married him in the movie. Did you see it?

Yeah i think your prob right but i miss everyone from home soooo much. Don't you feel like that?

MrsHawkes May 27th 2009 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by moto111 (Post 7610171)
Oh no don't go and meet him, I certainly won't with mine, I'll let him come in, he'll whinge a bit and talk absolute rubbish and then will have problems getting up tomorrow:rofl::rofl:

Are you a quine? What did you mean about "i still have work"?

Kate2112 May 27th 2009 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes (Post 7610174)
1.53am in Dubai

I thought Aidan was too big and annoying to be honest. I LOVE BIG but i still wouldn't have married him in the movie. Did you see it?

Yeah i think your prob right but i miss everyone from home soooo much. Don't you feel like that?

Saw the movie - I cant believe that a character like him would marry a neurotic like her :)

I missed my family like crazy, especially my Mum before her death 2 years ago. I got pretty depressed living so far away especially after she had gone. But life has to go on and I have my lovely husband and an interesting career so I make do with Vonage and Skype. My sister and her family came out for 2 weeks last year and we had a blast at Disneyland.

Do you work in Dubai? It can really make you forget about being homesick.