British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Any good dvd to watch all alone! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/any-good-dvd-watch-all-alone-458027/)

clifford Jun 13th 2007 2:14 pm

Any good dvd to watch all alone!

Hubby living me for 2 night all you ladys out there or men any good dvds to watch not to much blood please :(

Madam Medusa Jun 13th 2007 2:23 pm

Re: Any good dvd to watch all alone!

ohh...have you seen Blood Diamond, it is one of the best films i've seen recently. The Departed is good, but a bit gory...and the Last King of Scotland is great too.

As for olides...Pretty in Pink always does it for me when i've got a night in on my own!

MM, xx

beebee Jun 13th 2007 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by clifford (Post 4908747)
Hubby living me for 2 night all you ladys out there or men any good dvds to watch not to much blood please :(

I had a girlie night in (on my own) the other night and I watched Must love dogs and the Wedding date.. but my fave one is love Actually :)

Autonomy Jun 13th 2007 2:55 pm

Wolf Creek?

(Sorry! Try Friends With Money, Children Of Men (maybe), Last King Of Scotland was the best movie of the last 6 months, but a couple of scenes... if you can go to the cinema and.... hmmmno, blood.... anyway - Zodiac is amazing but there are a couple of grim scenes.... I'm rambling now.....)

twinkle-star Jun 13th 2007 2:58 pm

chic flicks ...cant beat em.........

The holiday ..is new out with cam diaz and jude law or in her shoes with cammy.
sweet home alabama and just like heaven with reese witherspoon
last holiday ..queen latifah
you me and dupree
the break up with jen aniston
family stone

loads of great chic flick movies ....i even watche harry potter the other day:eek:

twinkle-star Jun 13th 2007 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 4908883)
Wolf Creek?

(Sorry! Try Friends With Money, Children Of Men (maybe), Last King Of Scotland was the best movie of the last 6 months, but a couple of scenes... if you can go to the cinema and.... hmmmno, blood.... anyway - Zodiac is amazing but there are a couple of grim scenes.... I'm rambling now.....)

friends with money was pants .....sent me to sleep......:frown:

beebee Jun 13th 2007 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 4908883)
Wolf Creek?

Why not tell her to watch the hills have eyes and be done with it!! :eek:

NorthernLad Jun 13th 2007 3:46 pm

Hostel.

beebee Jun 13th 2007 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 4909094)
Hostel.

is that the one where they kidnap ppl to let weirdos live out their ghoulish fantasies on them :eek:

benzonar Jun 13th 2007 5:18 pm

How about Hot Fuzz, its very funny!!

Miss Eck Jun 13th 2007 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 4908785)
ohh...have you seen Blood Diamond, it is one of the best films i've seen recently. The Departed is good, but a bit gory...and the Last King of Scotland is great too.

As for olides...Pretty in Pink always does it for me when i've got a night in on my own!

MM, xx

DH and I were shopping seperately a few nights ago and both of us got Blood Diamond. Can't wait to sit down at the weekend and watch it.

Also got The Wind that Shakes the Barley which is supposed to be very good.

Miss Eck Jun 13th 2007 5:41 pm

Have you seen The Devil Wears Prada ... not wicked but watchable and has some funny scenes. U

A couple of others:
Unfaithful with the delectable Olivier Martinez :thumbsup:
Veronica Guerin (about an Irish reporter murdered in Dublin if you have not heard of it), also features a very rough looking Colin Farrell

Patsy Stoned Jun 13th 2007 6:20 pm

every single episode of Ab Fab!!...I have them if you want to borrow them, I was Fab in them!!!:rofl::rofl:

jvr20 Jun 14th 2007 4:21 am

i rather thought this was going to be about p0rno...

cos I bought 'Chantage des Femmes' off an obliging Chinese lady entrepreneur the other week (it's cr@p)

Otherwise, yeah loved Hot Fuzz, saw it on the big screen in Guildford and also bought a p1r@te off the aforesaid Chinese lady (though the first ten minutes is missing. hmmm)

Blue Cat Jun 14th 2007 7:32 am

the entire series of cold feet :)