Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

As another tax year comes to a close...

As another tax year comes to a close...

Old Apr 4th 2012, 5:06 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default As another tax year comes to a close...

Tomorrow, at the stroke of midnight, I'll be popping the cork on a 12 year old bottle of Glenfiddich single malt and celebrating my first full tax year working overseas. Been a very long time coming, almost two years if truth be told.

On Friday morning, unlike most mornings, I'll sleep right through the 4am Call-to-Prayer, and awaken in my own good time with a well earned hangover.

[J]
Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: As another tax year comes to a close...

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
Tomorrow, at the stroke of midnight, I'll be popping the cork on a 12 year old bottle of Glenfiddich single malt and celebrating my first full tax year working overseas. Been a very long time coming, almost two years if truth be told.

On Friday morning, unlike most mornings, I'll sleep right through the 4am Call-to-Prayer, and awaken in my own good time with a well earned hangover.

[J]
Congrats. I might do this too.

Except, It's a year tomorrow that I flew here so really, I timed it perfectly.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 5:07 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead and wish this years crop of expats all the best in breaking UK Residency.

And of course to propose a toast to the outgoing HMRC6 guide and the incoming Statutory Residence Test.

Glenlivet 12 year old is nice...
Old Apr 5th 2013, 5:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
Thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead and wish this years crop of expats all the best in breaking UK Residency.

And of course to propose a toast to the outgoing HMRC6 guide and the incoming Statutory Residence Test.

Glenlivet 12 year old is nice...
Surely that bottle is 13 years now?
Old Apr 5th 2013, 6:40 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Baby expats are soooo sweet

Old Apr 5th 2013, 7:44 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scamp
Surely that bottle is 13 years now?
Once it's bottled it doesn't age Scamper.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 7:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
Once it's bottled it doesn't age Scamper.
Whoosh.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 7:55 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Whoosh.
Not at all, the age of a malt is given when it's bottled, whisky doesn't age in glass, only in casks.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Congrats. I might do this too.

Except, It's a year tomorrow that I flew here so really, I timed it perfectly.
Just beginning Scamp? Today marks 28 years since I arrived in Dxb!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 5th 2013, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine

Old Apr 5th 2013, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine

It's the ones that have been here a long time who are bitter....
Old Apr 5th 2013, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Who said I am bitter??? Would not still be here if I was!

Perhaps you meant better??!!!

Last edited by Jim Smith; Apr 5th 2013 at 2:07 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by OleJanx
It's the ones that have been here a long time who are bitter....
38 years as an expat and in that time I have often been frustrated but I have never been bitter.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

From the suprisingly defensive responses, neither of you are particularly sweet! It's friday, chaps, and a day of rest and occassional bouts of humour
Old Apr 5th 2013, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by OleJanx
From the suprisingly defensive responses, neither of you are particularly sweet! It's friday, chaps, and a day of rest and occassional bouts of humour
I must be too old and content to have spotted the humour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.