Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Another suicide in Dubai :(

Another suicide in Dubai :(

Old May 18th 2011, 12:13 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another suicide in Dubai :(

Originally Posted by lullabelle
Call me unsympatheitic but he left a wife who was six months pregnant and a one year old child. What's going to happen to them? It's a terrible thing to do to your loved ones - my mate's mum committed suicide and he has never EVER got over it even though it happened when he was five.

What happens to her visa? Access to money? Support from loved ones? I actually feel quite angry on her behalf. I know the poor guy must have felt desperate but when you have dependents you have responsibilities.

Life could get really bad but could/would any of you put your family through this?

What a tragedy for everyone involved.
I'm with you on this one. To do that, knowing you leave a wife and two very small children behind in a foreign country with no income...
Old May 18th 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
I'm with you on this one. To do that, knowing you leave a wife and two very small children behind in a foreign country with no income...
I think its terribly selfish, but I suppose if you have got to the stage that you want to end it all, you aren't really thinking about anyone else.
Old May 18th 2011, 1:51 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
I think its terribly selfish, but I suppose if you have got to the stage that you want to end it all, you aren't really thinking about anyone else.
Yup, and I guess it's hard to step back (no pun intended) and see the bigger picture.
Old May 18th 2011, 2:58 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
"...was last employed with Splash, a Landmark Group company...."

ooooof
Old May 18th 2011, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Ok this does sound heartless and my sympathy goes to the family, and of course I pity the guy, but what is wrong with a warm bath and a razor blade(cut up the arm not across)? Or a hose pipe and your car, or a gun? Lots of private ways to top yourself. What happens if some innocent person is walking outside and has a person commiting suicide lands on their head? Or just seeing it happen must be horrible, keep it private I say.

Chris's top tip of the day:
Go for the ankles!! Blood flows down
Old May 19th 2011, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Suicide is selfish generally but if your having mental stability problems then its a different thing all together, in my opinion. This guy wasn't running on the right rating fuse for sure and so really can't be held responsible. Those that take the cowards way out, yeah, but when your channel isn't tuned in properly you have to expect these things. The guy needed help I expect.