another moral question

Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:08 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: another moral question

Originally Posted by annacarna
um thats a hard one, I used to say 100% yes, but the more of life i see/seen, i would say most of the time NO, there is usually some sort of attraction going on in the background, hidden deep, My Best Friends Wedding, springs to mind!
and is that such a bad thing...that's the question
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
You forgot to ask one important question; how many times has he been married before???
right on baby....

This is his first marriage and maybe last! Poor Soul
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

right on baby....

Well, he simply shouldnt have married her...Why lose freedom after all that time...
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
and is that such a bad thing...that's the question
that friends can be attracted to each other, of course they can, bloody dangerous if u both have partners tho. I'd say sooner or later the attraction becomes to hard to ignore.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:19 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

that friends can be attracted to each other, of course they can, bloody dangerous if u both have partners tho. I'd say sooner or later the attraction becomes to hard to ignore.
so that would mean you can never become close to someone of the opposite sex, just in case...

and what's worse...a one night stand (as in sex) with a 'stranger' or a close longlasting friendship but no sex...
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

right on baby....

Seems a bit wierd he has never been married and then after 57 years changes his mind/wants to settle down!

Probably difficult to change after all those years how you live your life i would think? I dont just mean with your friend but generally...
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:22 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

OK here is the story, and by the way it is no one on this forum and it aint me cos i is a single gal!

A very good friend of mine got married last May to a much older guy, 21 years older.

They have loads in common. She thought everything hunky dory!

She thought they had the same morals,ethics, values etc......

SHe has discovered, wont go into the details of how, but he has been having some kind or friendship/relationship with another woman.

He has been meeting with her for 3 months, in secret!

When she found out she confronted her hubbie, he adamantly denied it, but in the end he admitted to it. My friend hates liars and her hubby knows this is her pet hate, along with disloyalty.

He says he hasn't been intimate with her.

My friend has spoken to the other woman, and she is horrified to learn he is married. She had no idea and the hubby admitted he didn't tell this woman he was married. um suspect, non.

Now, my friend wants a divorce, says she can not forgive him.

She says that even by meeting with this woman for 3 months in secret, even if there has been no intimacy is disloyal and she would never trust him again.

She has asked hubbie why? He says he doesn't know, said it was crazy behaviour on his part.

I tend to agree, but am not giving my opinion even tho she is wanting my agreement with her.

Is she being over sensitive, too emotional at this time, what do you girls
and boys think

Why is life so @ucking complicated.
It's her choice completely...everyone has different standards of what they find acceptable. Some people are cool with "open" marriages provided they know what's going on...lying is something everyone get's upset over though as it kills trust.

He may have unknown reasons beyond the obvious...he could of course be lying about not being intimate with the other woman too. It's hard to know and but easy to judge.

I think a one month separation before any decision to divorce will help...don't be too quick to throw away a relationship until all avenues of repair have been exhausted.

N.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MataHari
so that would mean you can never become close to someone of the opposite sex, just in case...

a little restricting!

and what's worse...a one night stand (as in sex) with a 'stranger' or a close longlasting friendship but no sex...
Depends on the emotional attachment i suppose, oh i dunno know i am not good at this stuff, thats why i am not married.....
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Seems a bit wierd he has never been married and then after 57 years changes his mind/wants to settle down!

Probably difficult to change after all those years how you live your life i would think? I dont just mean with your friend but generally...
He prob said to him self, i am to old to be a playboy, let me get myself a wife. Then after 6 months said to himself, Have I still got it???/
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

close long lasting relationship with no sex that is hidden is probably worse IMO than a one night stand that has probably been fuelled by too much alcohol and too little judgement . . . . The former suggests long term lying/deceit the latter a lack of common sense . .

Just my two halala's worth
N
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:43 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

He prob said to him self, i am to old to be a playboy, let me get myself a wife. Then after 6 months said to himself, Have I still got it???/
I was surprised to learn that the miscreant hubby had never married before despite being 57 years old. If he has been foot loose and fancy free for such a very long time, he simply may not be capable of adapting to a monogamist relationship without some adjustment. Like I said before, he probably needs a second chance. If he strays again then farewell. Alternatively, I quite like the idea of a month trial separation, but they usually end in divorce don't they? On the issue of platonic friendships, it sometimes depends on your upbringing. Personally I was raised by an adopted family with three girls and no boys. I thus feel more comfortable around women. My other half was raised in a family of boys only and now as an adult she prefers male companionship. It doesn't necessarily mean that we are promiscuous.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:04 pm
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

57 years old man

21 years difference between him and his new wife

ok

he lived his life as a playboy free to do whatever he wants with whoever he wants.. if he consumed all this time of his life as a play boy it is unlikly for him to correct him self.

it is hard for an old man to change habits while it is easier to change a young one.

there are many things that she should consider..

can she live alone without him (for a start is she working?)

i know she is a new bride but ... is there a chance that she is pragnet?

what will happen if he discovered that she cheated on him how was he gona behave or how she wish that he have behaved?

the details of how he met this other girl who is in late 20's and how did he develop his relationship with her are very important .. because based on these details you can judge did this relationship happend without planning or was he going after her..

you can't judge or give opinion without alot of missing parts of the whole picture.

but generally speaking ..

if both are religious ... she shouldn't continue with him .. but it will be nice of her if she gave him a second chance

if both are Atheist ..she shouldn't complain much ... and she should expect that this may hapen in the future again .. and again .. when it comes to sex . there is no such thing called love that will stop a man from going after it.

why do men do that and cheat on their wifes?

the wish to try to be with someone else
too many problems with the first wife ..even if they were small but continous
prettier girls
temptations
getting too close from female friends in emotional situations.

so many other reasons

or just like the case of our 57 years old ... getting used to be with many and different females .. every while and then......

I am so far assuming that he didn't get married until now because of this ..which is not true for sure.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beard Man
57 years old man

21 years difference between him and his new wife

ok

he lived his life as a playboy free to do whatever he wants with whoever he wants.. if he consumed all this time of his life as a play boy it is unlikly for him to correct him self.

it is hard for an old man to change habits while it is easier to change a young one.

there are many things that she should consider..

can she live alone without him (for a start is she working?)

i know she is a new bride but ... is there a chance that she is pragnet?

what will happen if he discovered that she cheated on him how was he gona behave or how she wish that he have behaved?

the details of how he met this other girl who is in late 20's and how did he develop his relationship with her are very important .. because based on these details you can judge did this relationship happend without planning or was he going after her..

you can't judge or give opinion without alot of missing parts of the whole picture.

but generally speaking ..

if both are religious ... she shouldn't continue with him .. but it will be nice of her if she gave him a second chance

if both are Atheist ..she shouldn't complain much ... and she should expect that this may hapen in the future again .. and again .. when it comes to sex . there is no such thing called love that will stop a man from going after it.

why do men do that and cheat on their wifes?

the wish to try to be with someone else
too many problems with the first wife ..even if they were small but continous
prettier girls
temptations
getting too close from female friends in emotional situations.

so many other reasons

or just like the case of our 57 years old ... getting used to be with many and different females .. every while and then......

I am so far assuming that he didn't get married until now because of this ..which is not true for sure.

Thanks BM good post
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:20 pm
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks BM good post
you are welcome

but i am surprised to know that you are singal..

i have this feeling that you are the one who is in late 20's lol kidding
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:21 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

She has tried Spugsy, he has no answer.

How would you react if the lovely Mrs Spugsy did that, or you pet, how would you feel/react if mrs S was secretly meeting with a a guy, who thought she was a single gal

I am shite at relationships and i am a wild Irish woman, i would go and get legless and then kill him, lol
yeah I'd be devastated, it would hurt me badly - but I;d have to have it out with her, ask her why and what had been going on, maybe she was getting attention or something that she never got from me,

I'd need to find out before making any decisions.

I would at least try though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.