Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Another british institution down the drain

Another british institution down the drain

Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another british institution down the drain

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16869029

Part and parcel of life gone todue political correctness
Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another british institution down the drain

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16869029

Part and parcel of life gone todue political correctness
I remember when Spearmint Rhino first opened and it was basically a knocking shop with very very good looking lap dancers , who for a pricely sum would go the extra mile shall we say .

Westminster council revoked the license at one point after a massive investigation into soliciting on licensed premises plus the supply of class A drugs .

Was never really my bag , i've seen fellas squandering thousands without any end product .
Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Was never really my bag , i've seen fellas squandering thousands without any end product .
I'm with you on this - strip clubs are fundamentally boring. They are interesting for about 10minutes then you realize you are a seedy bastard and the girls have cellulite and bruises in strange places when the light catches them in the wrong direction.

The last one I went to was in DC around 6mths ago. I popped in at around 2pm as my day finished early, I was bored and it was on the walk home. I ended up drinking two over priced beers, chatted to some nut case about her gun collection and then made a swift departure.

Last edited by Millhouse; Feb 8th 2012 at 4:31 am.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

lots of my college friends paid their way through uni by lapdancing. I worked 5 nights a week in burgerking for 3 quid an hour whilst they earnt a damn sight more than my weeks salary in one night. All for dangling off a pole, if I had my time again I'd be straight down there in a shot (was a bit too shy at 18 though and don't think my BF at the time would have been too impressed).

Funnily enough the govenment also stopped out of town shopping centres ( such as Bluewater) opening, but instead you now have out of town retail parks- when it comes to making money( and sex), people will always find loopholes. I would say you haven't seen the end of lapdancing just yet!
Old Feb 8th 2012, 6:12 am
Account Closed

tayls123 is an unknown quantity at this point

good riddance. i've only been to one strip club in my life, Secrets...the nice girl i was chatting to suddenly decided to show me her injection scars as she was a 'former' junkie...it was a swift exit after that. filthy places.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tayls123
good riddance. i've only been to one strip club in my life, Secrets...the nice girl i was chatting to suddenly decided to show me her injection scars as she was a 'former' junkie...it was a swift exit after that. filthy places.
Nothing worse than 'track marks' to make you lose 'wood' mate
Old Feb 8th 2012, 6:30 am
Account Closed

tayls123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Nothing worse than 'track marks' to make you lose 'wood' mate
agreed!! funny how in amsterdam the girls look like megan fox and in england they look like mutley the dog...
Old Feb 8th 2012, 7:10 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

The last one I went to was in DC around 6mths ago. I popped in at around 2pm as my day finished early, I was bored and it was on the walk home. I ended up drinking two over priced beers, chatted to some nut case about her gun collection and then made a swift departure.
2pm in a strip club? nice work.

Not exactly my thing these clubs,not that I have anything against naked women dancing about but I would prefer to pick some one up in a regular bar if I was feeling that way inclined.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 7:50 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

2 observations:

Browns (in London) is good for a boys night out--normally priced beer, great looking girls, and the only on-cost is when the girls come round with a pint pot which you're obliged to put a pound coin into. Certainly not high class, but not out-and-out seedy either.

Lap dancing clubs (without any funny business) are probably more healthy for the punters than Burger King is.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
2pm in a strip club? nice work.

Not exactly my thing these clubs,not that I have anything against naked women dancing about but I would prefer to pick some one up in a regular bar if I was feeling that way inclined.
It may have been 2.15pm. I went due to the fact I could as they open at something like 11am in DC. I delayed my arrival as I couldn't face the pissy beer at that time.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Browns (in London) is good for a boys night out--normally priced beer, great looking girls, and the only on-cost is when the girls come round with a pint pot which you're obliged to put a pound coin into. Certainly not high class, but not out-and-out seedy either.

I know Browns very well - did you venture to the spread eagle with the sticky floor or Metroplis !!
Old Feb 8th 2012, 8:51 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived and worked in DC for a couple of years.

Never met anyone who went to a strip club. People didn't talk about it and DC's a tiresome town with plenty of sketchy characters.

With the exception of Vegas strip clubs are predominately a working class/sketchy activity. Given the sexual appetites on display in the media Americans are prudish when it comes to overt public displays of sex, including strip clubs and they're banished to the margins of society.

It may have been 2.15pm. I went due to the fact I could as they open at something like 11am in DC. I delayed my arrival as I couldn't face the pissy beer at that time.

Last edited by Ethos83; Feb 8th 2012 at 8:55 am.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Never met anyone who went to a strip club. People didn't talk about it...
You just didn't know.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 10:00 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I suppose if you have a dirty, sick habit you keep it to yourself.

You just didn't know.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 10:08 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I suppose if you have a dirty, sick habit you keep it to yourself.
I've been to a stripclub in Doncaster also. Epic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.