Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Another Bison Driving Thread

Another Bison Driving Thread

Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:34 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Bison Driving Thread

Ok so why the f**k are 4x4's slowing down to snails pace to go over a piece of rope on the road in Jebil Ali Gardens behind Ibn Battuta mall?

FFS it's wound me up so much yesterday that I got some road rage... after a lot of beeping the guy in the Hummer H2 in front of me pulled to the side, and I said "Your in a bloody Hummer and your slowing down to snails pace over a piece of rope" ok drive slower as there are pedestrians around I agree, but snails pace for rope!!

He was like, I don't want to damage the suspension, Hello... Your in a f**king hummer???

It's not just him, this has been happening for a while now, landcruisers, pajeros etc all snailing over this rope, whilst most cars are just driving over them.

I'm not saying let's speed in a pedestrian area with roadworks before you all start jumping on the Bison's a bad driver bandwagon I'm just saying snails pace is definately not neccesary.

Rant Over

Bison
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:43 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Bison Driving Thread

Originally Posted by Bison
Ok so why the f**k are 4x4's slowing down to snails pace to go over a piece of rope on the road in Jebil Ali Gardens behind Ibn Battuta mall?

FFS it's wound me up so much yesterday that I got some road rage... after a lot of beeping the guy in the Hummer H2 in front of me pulled to the side, and I said "Your in a bloody Hummer and your slowing down to snails pace over a piece of rope" ok drive slower as there are pedestrians around I agree, but snails pace for rope!!

He was like, I don't want to damage the suspension, Hello... Your in a f**king hummer???

It's not just him, this has been happening for a while now, landcruisers, pajeros etc all snailing over this rope, whilst most cars are just driving over them.

I'm not saying let's speed in a pedestrian area with roadworks before you all start jumping on the Bison's a bad driver bandwagon I'm just saying snails pace is definately not neccesary.

Rant Over

Bison
Im with you on this one, Bison... Went up that road a couple of weeks ago, heading for the JA Club, and I was going over those damn ropes faster, in my car, than the majority of idiots in their 4x4's... And dont get me started on the speed bumps in Springs!!!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

I know the best way to stop an emirati dead in his tracks is to put a slight raise in the tarmac in front of him.

I see people do this all the time in AD in their massive 4x4's with rock-crawling-able suspension.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 7:30 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

hehehe, thought this was funny.
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
women parking.wmv (3.96 MB, 37 views)