British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Annual Whinge (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/annual-whinge-675464/)

captaincaveman Jul 6th 2010 2:58 pm

Annual Whinge

Well, it is that time of year again - annual leave is just around the corner and I have list.

1 - Why does nobody out here realise that substituting a decent professional administrator from the west for 15 indians will get more done and be much cheaper?

2 - Do GCC nationals think we will forget what they agreed to do yesterday - and why are they given senior jobs they cannot do?

3 - Why can the Lebanese and Turkish people not attend any meeting without arguing among themselves for 75% of it?

4 - Why do HR departments not understand we are their customer and bahave like they are doing us a favour by responding.

5 - Why do HSBC keep losing cheques I deposit?

6 - Why do the car hire companies only seem to have a nissan sunny available and then want 500 us dollars a month for one with dents in it and sweat stained seats?

7 - Why is there no decent supermarket in Doha. Surely a Tesco would make a killing?

8 - Why do I pay 40,000 us dollars a years for an average place to live?

9 - Why does my internet keeping going off?

10 - Why do you have to do everything in person - why not by phone?

Grace O Malley Jul 6th 2010 4:06 pm

Re: Annual Whinge

Originally Posted by captaincaveman (Post 8681523)
Well, it is that time of year again - annual leave is just around the corner and I have list.

1 - Why does nobody out here realise that substituting a decent professional administrator from the west for 15 indians will get more done and be much cheaper?

2 - Do GCC nationals think we will forget what they agreed to do yesterday - and why are they given senior jobs they cannot do?

3 - Why can the Lebanese and Turkish people not attend any meeting without arguing among themselves for 75% of it?

4 - Why do HR departments not understand we are their customer and bahave like they are doing us a favour by responding.

6 - Why do the car hire companies only seem to have a nissan sunny available and then want 500 us dollars a month for one with dents in it and sweat stained seats?

7 - Why is there no decent supermarket in Doha. Surely a Tesco would make a killing?

:wub: it will all seem better in the morning

Millhouse Jul 6th 2010 4:37 pm

why do you stay?

The Dean Jul 6th 2010 4:39 pm

Are you serious??

Car hire deals have never been better - I hired one a while back and they practically gave it away (this was in Bahrain); haggling the price down was boringly easy ("I'm only willing to pay half of that rate" "OK sir no problem").

Alexa Jul 6th 2010 5:03 pm

Why do you ask silly questions?
This how things are here in Doha,make your money and then get the hell out of that hole. In the meantime, ignore, ignore ,ignore. deal with what you have, make the best of it and all that.

seven seas Jul 6th 2010 7:09 pm

take a look at your payslip and the questions will disappear