Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Annoying sister comes to stay !

Annoying sister comes to stay !

Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annoying sister comes to stay !

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Sorry for the thread hijack - but your name was bothering me.... now I remember....

Between them would be placed a bottle of Janx Spirit (as immortalized in that ancient Orion mining song "Oh don't give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit/ No, don't you give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit/ For my head will fly, my tongue will lie, my eyes will fry and I may die/ Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit").
I wondered how long it would be before someone twigged. It is a bit of a private in-joke, as I am a member of AA, not because my car broke down, but because I did...
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:00 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. If someone else can start a thread about reprogramming annoying computers to behave, maybe I can start one about getting annoying sisters to do the same.

(Not that I'm ever in Dubai to get the hypnosis work going again properly, but you know...)
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:07 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
I wondered how long it would be before someone twigged. It is a bit of a private in-joke, as I am a member of AA, not because my car broke down, but because I did...
So you'll not be wanting that Pan Galactic Gargleblaster then....

Hope it all works out for you.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
So you'll not be wanting that Pan Galactic Gargleblaster then....

Hope it all works out for you.
Always fancied one of those, but these days it's not to be.
Everything all working out well at the moment, ta for comments, much appreciated
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry, markinbahrain if autonomy and I went a little bit off-thread. My apologies
Old Jun 9th 2011, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
Hi all, is it just me or when family members come to stay you find that they are a pain in the arse.
The reason why I ask is due to the fact my little sister ( age 31 ) has come to stay for 2 weeks. She has recently split from her boyfriend ( yet another one bites the dust ) and she has took a big redundancy package and wants to do some travelling........first stop my place, as she said she "wants her money to last and does not want to spend ANY MONEY before she moves on to Dubai"
This is her fourth day with me and my son, and she is getting right on our tits She has brought enough clothes for a family of six and has taken over our two bathrooms, we tend to have a couple of items to support my shaving habits, some deodorant, shampoo, soap and toothbrushes. But she, however, has brought half of Boots the chemist with her and set it up on every conceivable flat surface she can find, and possibly wants me to even add some shelving to facilitate the takeover.
The food !! Ok we don’t have a problem coming home to a fridge full of beer, mixed fried rice still from Sunday, ketchup and yesterdays takeaway of Chicken Tikka Masala we’ll be happy as larry in front of the TV with our minimalistic, efficient foodstuffs. She can’t live like that; she wants to have something different every day, and whatever it is, it can’t be plain. It has to be dressed up, special, gourmet. We live in Bahrain their is no gourmet, just food street in Juffair.
I could go on all day about her bloody mobile texting backwards and forwards all bloody evening and night while we are catching up on our TV, or when me and my son have gone to bed we can still hear it beeping a new text message, I am sure it is surgically attached to her hand, and when she could not find it the other night all hell broke lose and she had us all looking for it!!
She called me yesterday to say that I should even sack my maid, whom in her opinion is taking the piss out of me.......I told her that she will go long before my maid goes, and then I came home to find my sister has changed the kitchen around, she’ll completely overhauled the system we had going. Trying to explain to her that we had a system to begin with was a waste of breath, since she promptly explained to me and my laughing son that it wasnt really a system at all and that her way was the right way!!! She then said she had been bored
Any one else had similar problems with family coming to stay or is it just muggins me, and my liberty taking little sis.
We live in Bahrain their is no gourmet, just food street in Juffair.

You're not serious??

Apart from the fact that there's no Ramsey or Rhodes (thank God!), Bahrain is overflowing with superb restaurants at down-to-earth prices.......... in only two weeks, you'll have plenty to show her.

Must try harder. B-.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 2:16 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

we moved into an apartment, the visitors stopped coming, seriously guests are a pain but we just have to get on with it, and it's not forever.