British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Ann Summers vs M&S (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/ann-summers-vs-m-s-714126/)

kittycat1 Apr 21st 2011 5:28 am

Ann Summers vs M&S

2 Attachment(s)
I love this marketing from Ann Summers with the squeal deal for S&M. A knock off of M&S meal deal- very tongue in cheek. Apparantly M&S aren't happy bunnies and are seeing if they have any legal rights. I love it though!

Meow Apr 21st 2011 5:36 am

Re: Ann Summers vs M&S

Most entertaining of Ann Summers and I like it, but I'd have thought that with all the laws pertaining to copyright and brands in the UK, they'd be ripe for legal action.

Bahtatboy Apr 21st 2011 5:40 am

I think it fairly unlikely that any shopper would confuse the two and mistakenly buy one instead of the other.

Meow Apr 21st 2011 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9318069)
I think it fairly unlikely that any shopper would confuse the two and mistakenly buy one instead of the other.

But it would make for a more entertaining lunch break.

Millhouse Apr 21st 2011 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9318069)

It would make lunchtimes a bit more interesting if they did though.

Spugsy Apr 21st 2011 5:44 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9318051)
I love this marketing from Ann Summers with the squeal deal for S&M. A knock off of M&S meal deal- very tongue in cheek. Apparantly M&S aren't happy bunnies and are seeing if they have any legal rights. I love it though!

heh, that's superb.

Spugsy Apr 21st 2011 5:44 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9318051)

It's tiny also, what is the deal? lingerie? a vibrator and what?

kittycat1 Apr 21st 2011 5:48 am

Its stimulating lubricant

kittycat1 Apr 21st 2011 5:53 am

lol and just read the strapline;

It's not just Sex, its Ann Summers Sex".

Genius!

Meow Apr 21st 2011 6:00 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9318085)
lol and just read the strapline;

It's not just Sex, its Ann Summers Sex".

Genius!

As I tend to think of Ann SUmmers as a bit low rent/hen party, so that makes Ann Summers Sex something along the lines of a fumble in the back of a Mondeo, or a bunk up in a transit.

kittycat1 Apr 21st 2011 6:08 am

Actually Meow they have some nice product now- since they bought Knickerbox. Yes they still have cheap sexy stuff but its not at all bad inmy opinion. I always buy a lot in there when Im home for work purposes and am always quite surpirsed that they have some pretty stuff.

I used to have a friend who was their head of design- they used to have a riot working there!:D

littlejimmy Apr 21st 2011 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9318099)
As I tend to think of Ann SUmmers as a bit low rent/hen party, so that makes Ann Summers Sex something along the lines of a fumble in the back of a Mondeo, or a bunk up in a transit.

Gloria sic in transit?

Millhouse Apr 21st 2011 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9318099)

you make that sound like it's a bad thing

Meow Apr 21st 2011 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9318196)
you make that sound like it's a bad thing

I'm not a huge fan of Ford.

Chris_m Apr 21st 2011 11:08 am

I'm with Meow,I much prefer La senza :p