Reload this Page >

Animal rescue in Dubai???

Animal rescue in Dubai???

Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Sammy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Animal rescue in Dubai???

Hi everyone,

I just realised to my disgust that there do not appear to be any animal rescue shelters in Dubai.

Sadly I was involved in an incident earlier whereby a little black cat (whilst i went shopping for groceries) somehow made its way under the bonnet of my car. When I got back and started the car all i heard was miaowing. Obviously I knew something was wrong so i turned off the engine and started investigating.

After searching, i realised the miaowing was coming from under the bonnet of my car and i opened it. By this time, i also had the attention of about 4 passers by plus a security guard.

We all tried to help it but it was stuck so badly, there was no way to get the cat out, without pulling the car apart. I even tried to rip the glove box off so we could perhaps access from there but I think the cat just got in from underneath and just got stuck.

Anyway, I called a friend to search for animal rescue and found none! I was about to call the police when the passers by told me not to bother as the 'police do not deal with that' and they even laughed at the affection i was showing?!!!

I mean, what the hell? I had to watch a cat die and I am so distressed over this event that I just left the car in the car park with the bonnet open. I just feel so bad, there is nothing i could do and worse of all no organisations available to help with that kind of thing. I even called the car recovery guys who said they couldnt do anything until 'tmrw morning ma'am'. I'm so upset, please tell me that I am wrong and there are some organisations who help rescue animal's in need?!! I mean what would i do if i found an injured camel/horse/dog? leave it to die?!!!!

So sad but the cat died
Old Jan 8th 2009, 2:39 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal rescue in Dubai???

there is one in Mirdif, just past Mushrif park, the municipality vet.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:08 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

there is K9 friends, Feline Friends and plenty of vets around who will help. I am sorry to hear this it is so sad.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:32 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
there is K9 friends, Feline Friends and plenty of vets around who will help. I am sorry to hear this it is so sad.
We've started feeding these 2 gorgeous little stray kittens recently, they have moved into our maids room and I feed them morning and night, they both run into the house and stuff although we try not to let them as my cat Santo gets jealous and has twice 'marked his territory' by pissing on our bed

Anyway I'm not sure what to do, they are both lovely but we should try and get them re-housed I think as once they get too big we can't look after them but I hear the muncipality is going round killing all strays....

...what to do?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
We've started feeding these 2 gorgeous little stray kittens recently, they have moved into our maids room and I feed them morning and night, they both run into the house and stuff although we try not to let them as my cat Santo gets jealous and has twice 'marked his territory' by pissing on our bed

Anyway I'm not sure what to do, they are both lovely but we should try and get them re-housed I think as once they get too big we can't look after them but I hear the muncipality is going round killing all strays....

...what to do?
speak to that couple who did the cat sitting, it is really difficult to rehome cats these days. If you could afford it you could get them neutered to prevent them breeding.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Sammy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

**GOOD NEWS** The cat is alive and escaped from the bonnet. I think the poor little thing was just scared and wouldn't come out (although we were trying to save her). I'm so happy! I saw her little paw prints on top of the engine in the morning and the place where she was is no empty! Would loved to have been able to take her to the vet etc but she managed to get out fine and there were no signs of 'distress'...it's made my day!!

xxx
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:18 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Sammy1
**GOOD NEWS** The cat is alive and escaped from the bonnet. I think the poor little thing was just scared and wouldn't come out (although we were trying to save her). I'm so happy! I saw her little paw prints on top of the engine in the morning and the place where she was is no empty! Would loved to have been able to take her to the vet etc but she managed to get out fine and there were no signs of 'distress'...it's made my day!!

xxx
that is great news!!! hope the little thing finds a good home