British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Angola's going for it... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/angolas-going-816174/)

jam25mack Nov 26th 2013 8:02 am

Angola's going for it...

Why stop at banning the burqua...?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-mosques.html

Boomhauer Nov 26th 2013 8:23 am

Re: Angola's going for it...

Good for them, about bloody time someone said enough to that ethnosupremacist religion that has genocided countless others cultures.

Saudi does not allow non Muslims to become citizens or even build permanent places of worship. Neither do any of the other GCC countries (far as I'm aware).

Maldives does not grant citizenship to non Muslims

Pakistan is waging slow motion genocide on non Muslims and Shia

Egypt saw and continues to see pogroms against the Copts by Islamists.

In Malaysia and Indonesia, the non Malays know 'their place' and Islam is intrinsically linked to Malay identity.

Christians will be cleansed if the rebels win in Syria

Iraqis ethnically cleansed much of their Christian population after the Iraq War.

Sudan's Arab regime waged a genocidal war against the Christian and Black Sudanese.

---

There I said it!:D And just to be clear, my issue is with the religion and not the everyday Muslim.

mikewot Nov 26th 2013 3:33 pm

Unfortunately Afghanistan is going backwards, Afghanistan 'plans to reintroduce public stoning as punishment for adultery' by law!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-adultery.html

Boomhauer Nov 26th 2013 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 11008745)
Unfortunately Afghanistan is going backwards, Afghanistan 'plans to reintroduce public stoning as punishment for adultery' by law!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-adultery.html

Islam is conducive to maintaining Bronze Age tribal patriarchal culture . Men can do all manner of mysogynistic crap and hide behind Islam.

TheShed Nov 27th 2013 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11008130)
Good for them, about bloody time someone said enough to that ethnosupremacist religion that has genocided countless others cultures.

Saudi does not allow non Muslims to become citizens or even build permanent places of worship. Neither do any of the other GCC countries (far as I'm aware).

UAE allows churches (Jebel Ali and BurDubai). Permanent structures that actually look like churches once you're inside. I have a funny feeling that Bahrain also has a Church somewhere.

In Malaysia and Indonesia, the non Malays know 'their place' and Islam is intrinsically linked to Malay identity.

Iraqis ethnically cleansed much of their Christian population after the Iraq War.

Sudan's Arab regime waged a genocidal war against the Christian and Black Sudanese.

---

There I said it!:D And just to be clear, my issue is with the religion and not the everyday Muslim.

Minor correction there

Boomhauer Nov 27th 2013 2:16 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 11009524)
Minor correction there

When I say permanent, I mean it is there to stay indefinitely . The Catholic Church in AD (St. Josephs) is built of concrete and rebar so one can say it is permanent from a structural standpoint but I am talking permanent from a legal & cultural standpoint. St. Josephs serves the migrant/expat community and thus is only there temporarily, I.E. there is no permanent Christian community so no permanent church.

The locals know they can kick out the Christians when they want and the church would be gone too or they can demolish the church when they want like they did to the original St.Josephs back when it was at the Corniche.

Now I left long ago and was/am not aware of any Christian community with UAE citizenship..

TheShed Nov 27th 2013 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11009541)
When I say permanent, I mean it is there to stay indefinitely . The Catholic Church in AD (St. Josephs) is built of concrete and rebar so one can say it is permanent from a structural standpoint but I am talking permanent from a legal & cultural standpoint. St. Josephs serves the migrant/expat community and thus is only there temporarily, I.E. there is no permanent Christian community so no permanent church.

The locals know they can kick out the Christians when they want and the church would be gone too or they can demolish the church when they want like they did to the original St.Josephs back when it was at the Corniche.

Now I left long ago and was/am not aware of any Christian community with UAE citizenship..

Fair point and I understand what you are saying. However, there is a pretty vibrant Christian community especially among the Flips in Dubai who are very regular church goers and face no issues whatsoever.

My point was that there is little or no restriction In the UAE compared to the medieval Magic Kingdom or World Cup City etc.

Inselaffen Nov 27th 2013 5:21 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 11009544)
Fair point and I understand what you are saying. However, there is a pretty vibrant Christian community especially among the Flips in Dubai who are very regular church goers and face no issues whatsoever.

My point was that there is little or no restriction In the UAE compared to the medieval Magic Kingdom or World Cup City etc.

2 catholic churches serving over 500,000 Filipinos and other Catholics, one of those being a real pain in the arse to get to.

compare that to over 1500 registered mosques in the UK for 2.8 million muslims

flares Nov 27th 2013 6:42 am

People should be free to practice whatever religion they want...

Just what is it that you want to do?
We wanna be free
We wanna be free to do what we wanna do
And we wanna get loaded
And we wanna have a good time
That's what we're gonna do
No way baby let's go
We're gonna have a good time
We're gonna have a party

Boomhauer Nov 27th 2013 8:25 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 11009748)
People should be free to practice whatever religion they want...

That's fine , just as long as the religion is not supremacist and does not threatens the local culture. There is no shortage of cases of Islam warring with Christians and Animists in Africa, so why should Angola commit suicide.

Why must one tolerate and accept intolerant idologies.

scot47 Nov 28th 2013 7:42 am

I think we will see some developments in this story !

redShark Nov 28th 2013 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11008130)

---

I have been following this rather funny and interesting story for sometime. To tell you the truth I would much rather deal with the likes of the Angolians than dealing with hypocrites, at least they are clear about their hostility. But in anyhow there are not many Muslims living in Angola, so in theory there will not be much harm coming out of this development apart from the seizure of the diplomatic relations between the Muslims world and that country. That will then mean that the Muslims world will not be benefiting from the Angolian scientific expertise and they will be denied the advanced Angloian technological products and their scientific know-how.

As for you rejoicing at such news I am afraid to tell you that this is not going to solve any of your problems, this religion is here to stay, so you are going to have to learn and to teach your children and your grandchildren how to live with this fact. Building high walls is not going to help you. Your only option of ridding your place from this religion is through a way proven by your ancestors, and that is, bring on the inquisition.

Boomhauer Nov 28th 2013 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11012601)
That will then mean that the Muslims world will not be benefiting from the Angolian scientific expertise and they will be denied the advanced Angloian technological products and their scientific know-how.

As for you rejoicing at such news I am afraid to tell you that this is not going to solve any of your problems, this religion is here to stay, so you are going to have to learn and to teach your children and your grandchildren how to live with this fact. Building high walls is not going to help you. Your only option of ridding your place from this religion is through a way proven by your ancestors, and that is, bring on the inquisition.

Regarding the bolded Quote,
Not surprising you would take a page out of the White Supremacist handbook . Whether Angola contributes to the Muslim world in the technical field or not has no bearing on their right to exist as a culture and not face the threat of Islamic imperialism.
What technological advacement has Saudi or Iraq contributed to the world in this day and age. Atleast Angola is not f$%king up the world the way Islamists and Saudis are doing.

You very conveniently skipped my comments on how Muslim majority countries zealously impose the supremacy of Islam and do not accept non Muslim as citizens. This is the blatant hypocrisy of the Muslim world, Muslim countries must always be Muslim but all other nations must accept Muslims.

You symbolize the reason people have grave misgivings about Islam, namely its intrinsic expansionist and culture destroying nature. The irony in all of this is that Islam was imposed by Arabs on your ancestors (assuming you aren't ethnically the same as Khaleejis) , so you simply exhibit a strong case of Stockholm Syndrome.

flares Nov 29th 2013 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11012646)
What technological advacement has Saudi or Iraq contributed to the world in this day and age.

This baby...

http://www.autotribute.com/5000/gazal-1-saudi-car/

http://www.autotribute.com/wp-conten...audi-car-1.jpg

based on a Merc G-Wagen (naturally)

Kix Nov 29th 2013 7:35 am

^^^^ This pic.

Yes, let's start off with a perfectly brilliant G55 and totally ruin it.