Andy Murray OUT

Old Sep 9th 2009, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of
Default Andy Murray OUT

Bye bye Andy...
Old Sep 9th 2009, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

meseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Andy Murray OUT

Murray's US Open ends early; Clijsters-Williams II

By HOWARD FENDRICH (AP) – 2 hours ago with thanks to A.P.

NEW YORK — Disappointed. That was the word Andy Murray used over and over to describe how he felt about his exit from the U.S. Open. After all, Murray arrived at Flushing Meadows ranked No. 2, owner of a tour-leading 37 wins on hard courts this season — and quite sure he was prepared to win his first Grand Slam title a year after reaching the U.S. Open final. Instead, he heads home after the fourth round, a 7-5, 6-2, 6-2 loser to No. 16 Marin Cilic of Croatia on Tuesday.

"I just struggled today. I played poorly," Murray said. "I could have been better in pretty much every part of the game, whether it was mental or serve, forehand, backhand, returns."

Ahead 5-4, he wasted two set points. By the second set, Murray was grimacing while flexing his left wrist, which he acknowledged afterward had been bothering him for about a week. By the third, Murray was moping about the court.

"Regardless of my wrist, I lost the match," Murray said. "I returned poorly. He served well — and that was really the difference."

Murray's loss, at least for one evening, turned into the talk of a tournament that had been generating very little buzz about the men's field. Instead, the focus has been on the women's event, thanks to the surprising emergence of 17-year-old American Melanie Oudin and the quick comeback of former No. 1 Kim Clijsters.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

The women's singles are far more interesting than the men's this year.

Comeback Kim reaching the S-Fs, and Melanie Oudin, after her superb Wimbledon, now taking on the might of Russia and beating them - four times.......
Old Sep 9th 2009, 4:19 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's hope that losing to a Croatian won't be a bad omen for tonight's footy...mind you, he is Scottish.