British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Andy Murray @ The Olympics (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/andy-murray-%40-olympics-767258/)

Autonomy Aug 4th 2012 11:38 pm

Andy Murray @ The Olympics

He didn't have to go for Men's Doubles or Mixed Doubles. Though he did put himself out there, as part of Team GB, and was proud to be one of them...

He's now in 2 gold medal events.

ABM - f**k you.

PS F**k you twice

Andy & Laura - GB for Gold.

TheShed Aug 5th 2012 2:10 am

Re: Andy Murray @ The Olympics

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 10210697)
He didn't have to go for Men's Doubles or Mixed Doubles. Though he did put himself out there, as part of Team GB, and was proud to be one of them...

ABM - f**k you.

PS F**k you twice

Wish this was on FB so I could like it :D

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 5th 2012 4:06 am

ABM - f**k you.

PS F**k you twice

**** you.

The difference between here and Beijing is his attitude. He's actually focused here. Fingers crossed there are some more golds.

commander Aug 5th 2012 5:02 am

ABM - f**k you.

PS F**k you twice

That's my issue with your post. what do you mean? He is the best tennis player in GB by a country mile so he ****ing well HAD and should want to go for the mens doubles and the mixed doubles.

Autonomy Aug 5th 2012 9:30 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10210956)
That's my issue with your post. what do you mean? He is the best tennis player in GB by a country mile so he ****ing well HAD and should want to go for the mens doubles and the mixed doubles.

There always seems to be an issue....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_..._Mixed_doubles

My point is how many of the Men's top ten do you see in this initial draw?

Autonomy Aug 5th 2012 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10210908)
**** you.

The difference between here and Beijing is his attitude. He's actually focused here. Fingers crossed there are some more golds.

Yeah, Anyone But Murray. Right?

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 5th 2012 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 10211180)
Yeah, Anyone But Murray. Right?

Tell me I'm wrong. That's a short version of exactly what he said is going differently this Olympics.

You seem to misunderstand. I'd be chuffed if he got a medal, it would be great for him and for the GB team as a whole.

You seem to have more of an issue with arguing over Murray than people that dislike him.

commander Aug 5th 2012 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 10211178)
There always seems to be an issue....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_..._Mixed_doubles

My point is how many of the Men's top ten do you see in this initial draw?

To be honest, nothing to do with AM but tennis along with football are 2 sports the olympics should bin.

Any sport where winning olympic gold is not the absolute pinnacle should not be included.

Just my opinion.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 5th 2012 9:49 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10211207)
To be honest, nothing to do with AM but tennis along with football are 2 sports the olympics should bin.

Any sport where winning olympic gold is not the absolute pinnacle should not be included.

Just my opinion.

That's not a bad shout. Not thought of it that way.

Would LeBron James rather win Olympics or the NBA Title though? I wonder whether you can lump that one in with it.

Beaverstate Aug 5th 2012 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10211212)
That's not a bad shout. Not thought of it that way.

Would LeBron James rather win Olympics or the NBA Title though? I wonder whether you can lump that one in with it.

Would LeBron rather win an NBA title or an Olympic gold? NBA title no doubt.

Millhouse Aug 5th 2012 10:03 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10211207)

Just my opinion.

Totally Agree.

And yes, Anyone But Murray. What an asshole that man is. If only Tim could actually have played tennis. A nice chap.

Autonomy Aug 5th 2012 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10211205)
Tell me I'm wrong. That's a short version of exactly what he said is going differently this Olympics.

You seem to misunderstand. I'd be chuffed if he got a medal, it would be great for him and for the GB team as a whole.

You seem to have more of an issue with arguing over Murray than people that dislike him.

You are wrong. You are the classic fairweather supporter. Shouting about ABM but you'd be chuffed if he won a medal? Hypocrisy much?

The issue I have is not getting behind your best sportsmen and women due to some strange media influenced attitude. Just my opinion again, but with what I'm seeing I guess my opinion is not the norm and is probably deemed "most sophisticated / cultured / off-beat / different / 'impressive'" and should therefore be discounted.

And Commander - FWIW - I agree tennis and football stick out at the Olympics and don't really fit.

co durham boy Aug 5th 2012 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10211230)
Totally Agree.

And yes, Anyone But Murray. What an asshole that man is. If only Tim could actually have played tennis. A nice chap.

Handball.......A game favoured by swarthy chaps with a penchant for bartering carpets...

Pure unadulterated shite...

spartans53 Aug 5th 2012 10:23 am

Olympics needs an Ultra Marathon for over 43 year olds who live in JVC and are sliver on EK. I would then get at least a bronze. Would rather he won than lost but can't get as excited as I did last night for the Athletics. Footy the same who gives a crap

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 5th 2012 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 10211244)
You are wrong. You are the classic fairweather supporter. Shouting about ABM but you'd be chuffed if he won a medal? Hypocrisy much?

The issue I have is not getting behind your best sportsmen and women due to some strange media influenced attitude. Just my opinion again, but with what I'm seeing I guess my opinion is not the norm and is probably deemed "most sophisticated / cultured / off-beat / different / 'impressive'" and should therefore be discounted.

And Commander - FWIW - I agree tennis and football stick out at the Olympics and don't really fit.

Nope. Not at all. Murray winning gold medals is about Team GB more than Murray.

I'd rather see someone else win the likes of Wimbledon because I don't think Murray is good enough. In fact, he isn't. His career is proof of that. He might win Wimbledon one day but it will be a one off, I don't think he will win other grand slams. I'm big enough and daft enough to come to that opinion myself, without being influenced by media.

Also, read his interview about Beijing compared with London. He admits he wasn't focused in Beijing and therefore underperformed. Not sure what I said about that was wrong.

Are there not sports people you dislike? A lot of folk hate Craig Bellamy or think that Ryan Giggs is a cheating husband bastard....but there were a lot of people at each of the GB footie matches. Do you take issue with that as well?