British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Alreet? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/alreet-635635/)

Spugsy Oct 14th 2009 10:14 am

Alreet?

Well I'm back from 2 weeks back in the Toon,

it was brilliant to see all my mates, had a great day at a mates wedding, went to the match, ate loads of english food and.....well England is pretty crap really, I was looking forward to coming back to the sun.

I do love it back home but I have no intention of going back for a long time, and in a way that makes me a bit sad, although the world's a big place eh?

Anyway, I really outdid myself on the drink, and if anyone knows me properly they'll know that's a big thing to do, so also decided to calm myself down and start being more responsible (booo!), to be fair I'm 36, drink loads and have saved not one penny since I got here, so about time really.....

Anyway, any news? What have I missed?

Jim Smith Oct 14th 2009 10:18 am

Re: Alreet?

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8015280)

it was brilliant to see all my mates, had a great day at a mates wedding, went to the match, ate loads of english food and.....well England is pretty crap really, I was looking forward to coming back to the sun.

I do love it back home but I have no intention of going back for a long time, and in a way that makes me a bit sad, although the world's a big place eh?

Anyway, I really outdid myself on the drink, and if anyone knows me properly they'll know that's a big thing to do, so also decided to calm myself down and start being more responsible (booo!), to be fair I'm 36, drink loads and have saved not one penny since I got here, so about time really.....

Welcome home!

Guess the credit card balance took a hammering!

Did you bump into ten times a day Gazza!!!!!!!!!!!

Spugsy Oct 14th 2009 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Jim Smith (Post 8015295)
Welcome home!

Guess the credit card balance took a hammering!

Did you bump into ten times a day Gazza!!!!!!!!!!!

aye I spent a fair old whack, stayed in a gorgeous hotel there and drinks there weren't cheap, and the nightwatchman had to let me in and take me to my room....

NorthernLad Oct 14th 2009 10:22 am

Welcome back to civilisation.

Newcastle Broon is going to made in Yorkshire and Stephen Gately died.

Spugsy Oct 14th 2009 10:38 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 8015311)
Welcome back to civilisation.

Newcastle Broon is going to made in Yorkshire and Stephen Gately died.

aye I saw commanders posts about him, and aye it's a disgrace about the broon, I was drinking it last week with 15 year old maccallan chasers, it does make you realise how expensive whisky is over here mind.

lionheart Oct 14th 2009 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8015356)
aye I saw commanders posts about him, and aye it's a disgrace about the broon, I was drinking it last week with 15 year old maccallan chasers, it does make you realise how expensive whisky is over here mind.

Welcome back. Just been to the Indian dentist, had my Xmas cake delivered five minutes ago, been to Dreamworks a few times in your absence and have just booked a week long break to Nairobi for AED1,115 inc.taxes, so I'm as happy as a pig in muck.

Spugsy Oct 14th 2009 11:52 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8015397)
Welcome back. Just been to the Indian dentist, had my Xmas cake delivered five minutes ago, been to Dreamworks a few times in your absence and have just booked a week long break to Nairobi for AED1,115 inc.taxes, so I'm as happy as a pig in muck.

Indian dentist eh?

Man I could kill for a bloody massage, twatted my back, actually could be lack of water as my kidney sare knacking me and got footy tonight.....

Still GREAT to be back in this weather, beach this weekend for sure....

Meow Oct 14th 2009 11:54 am

Welcome back.

News - we have now moved and the plans are proceeding apace. Mr Meow had a major op but is recovering. You & Mrs Spugsy should come over one evening soon. I'm giving you person news as I presume you still get newspapers in the UK. ;)

-

Spugsy Oct 14th 2009 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8015513)
Welcome back.

News - we have now moved and the plans are proceeding apace. Mr Meow had a major op but is recovering. You & Mrs Spugsy should come over one evening soon. I've giving you person news as I presume you still get newspapers in the UK. ;)

-

aye I read one at the airport, tell you what, the utter SHITE you get on daytime tv in the UK makes me want to spew all over my legs, it's dreadful.

littlejimmy Oct 14th 2009 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8015540)
aye I read one at the airport, tell you what, the utter SHITE you get on daytime tv in the UK makes me want to spew all over my legs, it's dreadful.

Tell me about it. I'm stuck in the house recovering from my hip op and have to suffer it every single day.

No, I can't find the OFF button...

Blue Cat Oct 14th 2009 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 8015599)
Tell me about it. I'm stuck in the house recovering from my hip op and have to suffer it every single day.

No, I can't find the OFF button...

do you not like Loose Women?

welcome back Spugsy, I missed you :wub:

Spugsy Oct 14th 2009 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8015668)
do you not like Loose Women?

welcome back Spugsy, I missed you :wub:

loose women are just a big of ungly, stinking older birds who think it's great to talk about cocks and stuff, if me and commander and lionheart went on tv in the UK and talked about hairy minges and tits we'd be banned within seconds.

Jeremy Kyle needs his own head kicked in.

Also they have loads of adverts for people who are skint to 'send us your old gold jewellery in, rings etc' - basically just hoping the recession has hit hard and want to rip people off.

Shite.

Blue Cat Oct 14th 2009 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8015815)
loose women are just a big of ungly, stinking older birds who think it's great to talk about cocks and stuff, if me and commander and lionheart went on tv in the UK and talked about hairy minges and tits we'd be banned within seconds.

Jeremy Kyle needs his own head kicked in.

Also they have loads of adverts for people who are skint to 'send us your old gold jewellery in, rings etc' - basically just hoping the recession has hit hard and want to rip people off.

Shite.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Madam Medusa Oct 14th 2009 1:45 pm

hey you...welcome back...it's been quiet without you...

MM, xx

Spugsy Oct 14th 2009 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8015871)
hey you...welcome back...it's been quiet without you...

MM, xx

well thanks, I've had a good time, but it's good to be back......that bacon sarnie still on offer? :)