British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Almost here (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/almost-here-629896/)

Amnesia180 Sep 9th 2009 11:15 am

Almost here

Hi all,

Apologies for my silence recently (if you noticed it? ;) ) I've been on holiday to Kavos, Corfu. Yes, it's British, a bit nasty, and most of it I spent trollied... but that's what lads holidays are all about, haha.

1st October is soon approaching and it seems I still have a million and one things to do. Slowly getting there, and I'm both excited and nervous right now. :eek:

Anyway, off to buy me a new suitcase!

commander Sep 9th 2009 11:25 am

Re: Almost here

wonderful

The Dean Sep 9th 2009 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Amnesia180 (Post 7916732)
Hi all,

Apologies for my silence recently (if you noticed it? ;) ) I've been on holiday to Kavos, Corfu. Yes, it's British, a bit nasty, and most of it I spent trollied... but that's what lads holidays are all about, haha.

1st October is soon approaching and it seems I still have a million and one things to do. Slowly getting there, and I'm both excited and nervous right now. :eek:

Anyway, off to buy me a new suitcase!

Suitcase? Get a yellow or a purple one - very fashionable right now, and easy to spot yours among the black Delseys and Samsonites on the luggage carousel............

Amnesia180 Sep 9th 2009 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7917170)
Suitcase? Get a yellow or a purple one - very fashionable right now, and easy to spot yours among the black Delseys and Samsonites on the luggage carousel............

I ALWAYS lose my suitcase, I decided to put a bright blue striped luggage strap on my other one, and guess what.. there was an identical one spinning round the carosel.

Hopefully when I arrive in Abu Dhabi it won't be full of yellow or purple cases ;)

kittycat1 Sep 11th 2009 6:44 pm

Hi Amnesia,

I've literally just got out here and seem to have had the most stressful time leaving London, packing, moving out my flat, doing my tax return, selling my life on ebay, numerous leaving parties and resulting hangovers, more tears than I imagined and a lot of stressful phonecalls trying to cancel all my contracts- I have decided talktalk are a bunch of tossers and complete thieving bastards! finally out here though and am really grateful for all the tips and advice the guys and gals on here have given as allowed me to get alot of stuff done that I would never have thought of.

Anyway enjoy your last few weeks as it will fly by!

Good luck!

xxx

commander Sep 12th 2009 1:58 am

Talktalk are brilliant compared to every service company out here, as you will soon find out.

Good luck, and enjoy the dubai experience..