Allergies

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allergies

Am allergic to cats, dogs, feathers, dust, pollen etc.

but obviously not to food
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:34 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Am allergic to cats, dogs, feathers, dust, pollen etc.

but obviously not to food
allergy is different to intolerant?? I think??
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
allergy is different to intolerant?? I think??
not allergic to blue cats though!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:37 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

not allergic to blue cats though!
thank god for that I was getting worried !!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thank god for that I was getting worried !!
wouldnt want u losing sleep over it
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:41 pm
Concierge

wouldnt want u losing sleep over it
I never lose sleep!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:42 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

right mitten has been food intolerance testing, results as follows

50% intolerant to pork
50% intolerant to cows milk
25% intolerant to wheat

drat
My daughter had ezcema when she was younger and was recommended by GP to go for food introlerance testing - when we went to see a consultant he advised strongly against it for these very reasons. The tests throw up all sorts of different things and it could mean for example although fairly intolerant to certain things it makes no difference to her health. He advised a trial and error by eliminating only one food at a time for a couple of weeks and watch the outcome. I eventually found out hers was triggered by citrus and certain colourings and flavourings - predominently orange. So I wouldn't cut everything out straight away just one thing at a time. Just what I was told anyway
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:09 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Fairydust
My daughter had ezcema when she was younger and was recommended by GP to go for food introlerance testing - when we went to see a consultant he advised strongly against it for these very reasons. The tests throw up all sorts of different things and it could mean for example although fairly intolerant to certain things it makes no difference to her health. He advised a trial and error by eliminating only one food at a time for a couple of weeks and watch the outcome. I eventually found out hers was triggered by citrus and certain colourings and flavourings - predominently orange. So I wouldn't cut everything out straight away just one thing at a time. Just what I was told anyway
hiya, I was convinced that madam's intolerance was going to be orange and citrus and had already removed it from her diet and it made no difference. Her arms are in a right mess, all red raised blotches which are clearing away now. I have no intention in sticking to it religously. She loves pasta - now she is on corn pasta instead of wheat pasta. Ham has been replaced with chicken and turkey. I got some wheat free biscuits last night and some rice crackers and she is loving them so no change there. I did suspect cow's milk as did Nils - mainly because she was drinking way too much of it. We cut down to semi skimmed but that didn'twork. She tends to fill up on milk instead of food, I have cut it out for two days and i can already see an improvement in her skin. This won't be a permanent measure just one of trial and error. Like you say you can't live your life being frightened of food stuffs. This morning was tricky, she wanted a dairy maid ice cream, I bribed her with a packet of chips. time will tell......
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:17 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

hiya, I was convinced that madam's intolerance was going to be orange and citrus and had already removed it from her diet and it made no difference. Her arms are in a right mess, all red raised blotches which are clearing away now. I have no intention in sticking to it religously. She loves pasta - now she is on corn pasta instead of wheat pasta. Ham has been replaced with chicken and turkey. I got some wheat free biscuits last night and some rice crackers and she is loving them so no change there. I did suspect cow's milk as did Nils - mainly because she was drinking way too much of it. We cut down to semi skimmed but that didn'twork. She tends to fill up on milk instead of food, I have cut it out for two days and i can already see an improvement in her skin. This won't be a permanent measure just one of trial and error. Like you say you can't live your life being frightened of food stuffs. This morning was tricky, she wanted a dairy maid ice cream, I bribed her with a packet of chips. time will tell......

I know its a bloody nightmare - not so bad when you are controlling the food but later on when at friends house especially. Funny thing (and I often wonder is it linked) during first 4 months of pregnancy I was absolutely craving oranges and couldn't eat enough of them!!!!!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:21 am
Concierge

I know its a bloody nightmare - not so bad when you are controlling the food but later on when at friends house especially. Funny thing (and I often wonder is it linked) during first 4 months of pregnancy I was absolutely craving oranges and couldn't eat enough of them!!!!!!!

and I drink milk until it came out of my head
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:23 am
Its all good

and I drink milk until it came out of my head
Well there you go then - pity about those people that like to eat coal
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:28 am
Concierge

Well there you go then - pity about those people that like to eat coal
but at least their kids won't develop intolerances to them!! I ate alot of ice cream as well which is milk based. I am pretty sure it is the milk that is causing the problem not the wheat or the pork. My cousin sent me an e mail saying - what a shame she can't have anything to do with pigs or cows, how will she get on with the rest of the family
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:39 am
Its all good

but at least their kids won't develop intolerances to them!! I ate alot of ice cream as well which is milk based. I am pretty sure it is the milk that is causing the problem not the wheat or the pork. My cousin sent me an e mail saying - what a shame she can't have anything to do with pigs or cows, how will she get on with the rest of the family
Hahhaaaaaaaaa was going to ask earlier whether the "tester" was anti-pork

Last edited by Fairydust; Jul 3rd 2007 at 9:48 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:43 am
Concierge

Hahhaaaaaaaaa was going to ask earlier where the "tester" was anti-pork
the uk!