British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Allergies (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/allergies-459612/)

Blue Cat Jun 19th 2007 1:35 pm

Allergies

we have just found out that mitten has got a food allergy. I am taking her for food intolerance testing. Anyone else got experiences with food allergies and advice. :)

SAMS Jun 19th 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Allergies

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4936660)
we have just found out that mitten has got a food allergy. I am taking her for food intolerance testing. Anyone else got experiences with food allergies and advice. :)

LJ is allergic to food, when he is smoking:p

Miss Eck Jun 19th 2007 1:37 pm

I'm allergic to work :rofl:

SAMS Jun 19th 2007 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Eck (Post 4936673)
I'm allergic to work :rofl:

do it more so that you get immune to it

Miss Eck Jun 19th 2007 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by SAMS (Post 4936681)
do it more so that you get immune to it

NEVER :eek:

littlejimmy Jun 19th 2007 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by SAMS (Post 4936666)

No I'm not. I'm allergic to selfish arseholes who smoke near me when I'm eating.

clifford Jun 19th 2007 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by SAMS (Post 4936666)

I was going to say that about food :rofl::rofl:

twinkle-star Jun 19th 2007 1:44 pm

allergic to penicillian and satsumers when i eat more than 5 at a time.
Head to tow rash....:ohmy:
wheat ...thats why i dont eat bread or pizza much makes me bloat out to a whale size:rofl:
spicey food makes my stomach bad but eat it in moderation....

some kids grow out of it later in life. I shouldnt worry!

Loads of people have allergies and they dont even realise. Of course some are worse than others.

dairy products seem to be the main ones for kids. Including chocolate :eek:

loads of people have wheat allergies and never realise.

Its good to get tested i never have done just managed with it and worked things out for myself.

You will at least know then...

littlejimmy Jun 19th 2007 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by clifford (Post 4936702)
I was going to say that about food :rofl::rofl:

What are you rabbling on about?

I'm allergic to dust mites and pollen.

twinkle-star Jun 19th 2007 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 4936725)

Oh yeah ..........add that on......me too and deo spray and other sprays!:blink:

Blue Cat Jun 19th 2007 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 4936712)
allergic to penicillian and satsumers when i eat more than 5 at a time.
Head to tow rash....:ohmy:
wheat ...thats why i dont eat bread or pizza much makes me bloat out to a whale size:rofl:
spicey food makes my stomach bad but eat it in moderation....

some kids grow out of it later in life. I shouldnt worry!

Loads of people have allergies and they dont even realise. Of course some are worse than others.

dairy products seem to be the main ones for kids. Including chocolate :eek:

loads of people have wheat allergies and never realise.

Its good to get tested i never have done just managed with it and worked things out for myself.

You will at least know then...

wheat is looking highly likely, she eats alot of pasta. Going to cut it out and see if her skin is better. she is covered in little red marks. I spoke to my organic man about it all and he is going to help us sort out. She is getting tested down there tomorrow or Thursday. Got horse thing in morning.

Blue Cat Jun 19th 2007 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 4936725)

doc definately said it is a food allergy so that is out of the question at the minute! :)

twinkle-star Jun 19th 2007 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4936741)
wheat is looking highly likely, she eats alot of pasta. Going to cut it out and see if her skin is better. she is covered in little red marks. I spoke to my organic man about it all and he is going to help us sort out. She is getting tested down there tomorrow or Thursday. Got horse thing in morning.

If she has a rash its more likely to be vit c....does she have antin drinks and fruit??

wheat is quite a common one just limit the amont of paster if not too serious or you can get alternative pasta from rice......:) and stuff...:unsure:

shakh your bootie Jun 19th 2007 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 4936734)
Oh yeah ..........add that on......me too and deo spray and other sprays!:blink:

hey - i'm allergic to deodarant too!! it's a real problem out here - the only thing that works for me is organic deo soap from lush.

if i run out, i have a choice between a rash in the armpits or being smelly....

littlejimmy Jun 19th 2007 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4936741)

All of us are actually intolerant to wheat and dairy products, but we don't know it, and to varying degrees. Our bodies aren't designed to eat them. We only started eating them a few thousand years ago after the rise of agriculture (Humans have been around for at least a million). Problem is, we are now addicted to refined carbs which give us a sugar-blood spike, which then crashes leading us to want more. And guess what? Big food business knows this.