Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

All your travel plans to be tracked by UK Govt

All your travel plans to be tracked by UK Govt

Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold
Default All your travel plans to be tracked by UK Govt

Another reason why it's better to be a seagull than a human in labour Britain.

And then what? Exit permits?

The travel plans and personal details of every holidaymaker, business traveller and day-tripper who leaves Britain are to be tracked by the Government, the Daily Telegraph can disclose.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...overnment.html
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:01 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All your travel plans to be tracked by UK Govt

read that today. great piece of writing - fails to give a date on how it works or when it will take effect
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slingshot
read that today. great piece of writing - fails to give a date on how it works or when it will take effect
its already been happening since july 2006, when all passport details of incoming flights to the Uk have been checked against outstanding warrants.

That is what API is used for.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:28 am
Just Joined

jimmyjazz is an unknown quantity at this point

This is for the safety of the British Public in Our Own Country Cant see your problem
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jimmyjazz
This is for the safety of the British Public in Our Own Country Cant see your problem

Wrong, truth is they're a bunch of psychotic data junkies who really should be taken away by the men in white coats...

I'm sure Airlines have a better track record than HMG for keeping that info secure. And I very much doubt they keep it for ten years!

Presumably, under the new rules ,we will have to give details of 3 different addresses, 3 lots of credit cards, 3 email addresses. And what else? "exact travel plans" : what if my mate's girlfriend has a(nother) row with him, and flies home early? Will we all get hauled over for not having him in tow on the return trip? Hang about while immigration track the man down, and have him explain himself?

It is a big change, level, and I think it's wrong.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:05 am
Just Joined

People who disagree with this are the same people who objected to security cameras as an infringement of civil liberties

The reason being they cant buy crack from the street corner anymore. And now the top of the tree shall be worrying about their regular meet in spain/pakistan with the drug lord or the mixed up religious nutters
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:24 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfrombarking
Wrong, truth is they're a bunch of psychotic data junkies who really should be taken away by the men in white coats...

I'm sure Airlines have a better track record than HMG for keeping that info secure. And I very much doubt they keep it for ten years!

Presumably, under the new rules ,we will have to give details of 3 different addresses, 3 lots of credit cards, 3 email addresses. And what else? "exact travel plans" : what if my mate's girlfriend has a(nother) row with him, and flies home early? Will we all get hauled over for not having him in tow on the return trip? Hang about while immigration track the man down, and have him explain himself?

It is a big change, level, and I think it's wrong.
Out of interest, who is they? Government in general or is this a Labour-bashing post....
Old Mar 17th 2009, 2:22 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

well, guess what? It's been outsourced to another company and will cost £1.2billion...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...officials.html

Well, I'm one of those who object to security cameras all over the place and biometric passports, call me sceptical, but no one's explained why there's an antenna linked to the microchip in my new passport. And funnily enough, I have nothing to hide.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

You are a tad on the paranoid side are you not, and if you have nothing to hide then why worry. (1984) was only a book after all
Old Mar 17th 2009, 2:49 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmyjazz
You are a tad on the paranoid side are you not, and if you have nothing to hide then why worry. (1984) was only a book after all
I worry cos some moron leaves a laptop with all Child Benefit related data on the Tube...

All these wonderful databases with all their wonderful security all boil down to human error and I've had enough run-ins with identity fraud to know that I don't want anyone to have access to even more information about me than they already do.

Ever seen Gattaca?
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
well, guess what? It's been outsourced to another company and will cost £1.2billion...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...officials.html

Well, I'm one of those who object to security cameras all over the place and biometric passports, call me sceptical, but no one's explained why there's an antenna linked to the microchip in my new passport. And funnily enough, I have nothing to hide.
Look, if you're that worried hit the ****** thing with a hammer and kill the chip.....

http://current.com/items/89422613/di..._rfid_chip.htm
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:05 pm
ex-expat

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Look, if you're that worried hit the ****** thing with a hammer and kill the chip.....

Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:29 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
its already been happening since july 2006, when all passport details of incoming flights to the Uk have been checked against outstanding warrants.

That is what API is used for.
I thought this new system sounded a bit similar to the US visa waiver program where you have to fill in the application on line
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:51 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie

Thank you! That's just put the price of hammers up 50%!