Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

All you can eat and drink buffet type places..

All you can eat and drink buffet type places..

Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:05 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default All you can eat and drink buffet type places..

Any ideas, am taking out some clients for a spot of dinner. Nothing fancy, guys just fancy a few beers and a bit of grub and i want to keep an eye on price.

We have taken them to the following in the past:

Spice Island.
benihana at the Rotana.
Flavors on 2 at the Rotana.

Just want to try somewhere different..For a Wedneday night.

Like i say, fixed price including food and drink.

cheers
Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:47 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All you can eat and drink buffet type places..

Originally Posted by commander
Any ideas, am taking out some clients for a spot of dinner. Nothing fancy, guys just fancy a few beers and a bit of grub and i want to keep an eye on price.

We have taken them to the following in the past:

Spice Island.
benihana at the Rotana.
Flavors on 2 at the Rotana.

Just want to try somewhere different..For a Wedneday night.

Like i say, fixed price including food and drink.

cheers
I hear blue elephant in meridien village is good, thai place
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
The Blue Elephants anywhere are pretty damn good. While we were expat in Libya we'd take the taxi across to Malta every 7-8 weeks to have a lost weekend and invariably have a good nosh at the BE at the Hilton in St Julien.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:18 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
The Blue Elephants anywhere are pretty damn good. While we were expat in Libya we'd take the taxi across to Malta every 7-8 weeks to have a lost weekend and invariably have a good nosh at the BE at the Hilton in St Julien.
If you fancy a smaller setting, try the Marina Byblos by the yacht club. The buffet is 99aed (dec11) with unlimited juices, soft drinks and tea/coffee but it's also licensed. The food was really quite nice - not a huge range, but it was all fresh and delicious - and there's a shisha terrace just opened there too.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 1:10 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
If you fancy a smaller setting, try the Marina Byblos by the yacht club. The buffet is 99aed (dec11) with unlimited juices, soft drinks and tea/coffee but it's also licensed. The food was really quite nice - not a huge range, but it was all fresh and delicious - and there's a shisha terrace just opened there too.
Is that a friday or every evening?..its for oilfield trash, we don't do juices and coffee...if they do an all in booze package then maybe..

Cheers, then I can go and watch my pal play in the band next door
Old Jan 30th 2012, 1:13 am
banned

That's one of the places that I'd heard about and was considering...cheers, it gets a pretty good review in TimeOut.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Blue Elephant in the Al Bustan Rotana next door? Or am I getting confused with somewhere else?
Old Jan 30th 2012, 5:14 am
banned

Originally Posted by The Dean
Isn't Blue Elephant in the Al Bustan Rotana next door? Or am I getting confused with somewhere else?
yes, and it doesnt do a buffet on a Wednesday so that's out!!
Old Jan 30th 2012, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Try the Le Meridien Village . They do an outside BBQ buffet everynight of the week with a different theme .

Great value between 180 - 250 i think , there's a band as well , and it's outdoors so it's an ideal time of the year.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Try the Le Meridien Village . They do an outside BBQ buffet everynight of the week with a different theme .
Great value between 180 - 250 i think , there's a band as well , and it's outdoors so it's an ideal time of the year.
They may call it the Le Meridien Terrace nowadays but it's pretty good. Also it's next to Jules Bar if you fancy a Chinese take-out afterwards.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
They may call it the Le Meridien Terrace nowadays but it's pretty good. Also it's next to Jules Bar if you fancy a Chinese take-out afterwards.
That's the one , great value for the money . There's two drinks packages and a great choice of food as well . I was there on a Thursday night and it was great .
Old Jan 30th 2012, 2:00 pm
banned

Originally Posted by co durham boy
That's the one , great value for the money . There's two drinks packages and a great choice of food as well . I was there on a Thursday night and it was great .
Cheers, I booked flavours, (safe and boring) but will defo use this for the next time.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Cheers, I booked flavours, (safe and boring) but will defo use this for the next time.
I quite like that place. The last I remember, they did a nice Seafood buffet on Wed, gotta try the lemon and basil crab cakes.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Remind your mates that shorts are banned there....... there are always a lot of nice ladies with very short skirts though........
Old Jan 31st 2012, 1:24 am
banned

Originally Posted by The Dean
Remind your mates that shorts are banned there....... there are always a lot of nice ladies with very short skirts though........
Cheers, we will be wearing coveralls and full PPE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.