Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

All that is wrong in the UK

All that is wrong in the UK

Old Feb 13th 2013, 11:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: All that is wrong in the UK

Originally Posted by Meow
The bar is called Kork? That sort of wilful dyslexia annoys me.
Oh yeah, and I think one of the K's is backwards too.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 12:22 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
Yeah it's worth a trip for sure, I walk 14 minutes from my place to it for a pint so I consider it worthy.

Come into Business Bay by the Dnata building, drive on, along past the petrol station, mini roundabout, first exit, follow to where you have to turn right, then take the right at the lights...valet parking available and hotel / dubai taxis.

The lobby is really really nice, round to the left is where you head for the sports bar and Kork, long walk through the hotel but some awesome design stuff in there to keep you amused.

Let me know when you're going and I'll potentially come buy you a...pint?
Yeah well, given I go out to a bar about once every two years, you might be safe making that offer... What do you imagine I might drink then? Babycham?
Old Feb 13th 2013, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Yeah well, given I go out to a bar about once every two years, you might be safe making that offer... What do you imagine I might drink then? Babycham?
Hahaahah thought you'd like that.

Erm, how about a Strawberry Mojito?
Old Feb 13th 2013, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Johnnie Walker......... straight up?
Old Feb 13th 2013, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Johnnie Walker......... straight up?
Ah! The unofficial drink of choice in Saudi Arabia!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 1:30 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
Hahaahah thought you'd like that.

Erm, how about a Strawberry Mojito?
Not a fan of sweet fruity drinks oddly. Or cocktails in general. If the wine selection is as good as you say then I'd find something serious to sting you with. A nice Cotes de Nuit would be good, say Vougeot or St Denis. And as you say: a pint thereof...
Old Feb 13th 2013, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

Not a fan of sweet fruity drinks oddly. Or cocktails in general. If the wine selection is as good as you say then I'd find something serious to sting you with. A nice Cotes de Nuit would be good, say Vougeot or St Denis. And as you say: a pint thereof...
Both sound very French which is fine.

I've grown up drinking Dad's wine which is always French and (especially here) not too cheap.
Kills me when I want a glass of something and the bottle prices are 3,4,5,600.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Pink bubbly is on the menu tomorrow ..with pizza
Old Apr 27th 2013, 1:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to say 'Welcome Back' to this thread - and straight back on topic.......

Attached Thumbnails All that is wrong in the UK-britain-today.jpg  
Old Apr 27th 2013, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

boyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Dean
I'd like to say 'Welcome Back' to this thread - and straight back on topic.......

Well, I've just shuddered eight different ways at once while reading that post.

Spelling
Syntax, punctuation & grammar in general
Her age
His age
Her arithmetic
Attitude towards pregnancy
Attitude towards purpose of benefits and council housing
Unironic use of sket.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't 'Ryan' be on the sex offender list- she is 13 he's 19....

and whats a sket?
Old Apr 27th 2013, 4:53 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sket

Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:49 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

"Short for Sketel. Caribbean term for Super Ho.
That girl is a sket. Do not drop the t."

Well that cleared things up nicely.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
"Short for Sketel. Caribbean term for Super Ho.
That girl is a sket. Do not drop the t."

Well that cleared things up nicely.
Watch Kidulthood. You'll need a translator.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Impressed and appalled in equal measure that a 14-year-old knows what a sket is...........