Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

For all the JJs out there - do they still exist?

For all the JJs out there - do they still exist?

Old Dec 7th 2011, 7:00 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default For all the JJs out there - do they still exist?

Found this on FB

http://thehinducow.com/?p=1975

(To save you from hitting the link, transcript as follows)

Just wondering - does it remind you of anyone...

When my best friend, let’s call her “B” to protect her identity – and also because it sounds cool – suggested meeting at the park, with the kids, in November, I knew she had to be one of two things – mental, or hungover.

Turns out it was a bit of both: with a head in ruins after a night being well and truly bombed by Jäger, she had been driven mad by a morning spent with Competitive Mum.

You know Competitive Mum: She updates her Facebook status every time her little treasure gets full marks in a spelling test or has a bowel movement while simultaneously wiping its arse with Cath Kidston loo roll (OK, I don’t know if that actually exists, but that woman will slap a floral print on anything – so there you go, Cath, that idea’s on me).

Anyway, turns out that an invitation for coffee at Competitive Mum’s turned into B’s idea of hell when the morning suddenly turned into an impromptu craft session, complete with B’s arch-nemesis – glitter.

I hear this story from behind the bush I’m crouching by smoking a fag as quickly as I can before I’m spotted by one of the kids, or worse, a morally upstanding member of the public who is likely to tackle me to the ground crying “Look! A mother! Smoking! AND I bet she didn’t breast feed!”

I stand up light-headed and B gestures to her daughters on the climbing frame, twinkling in the sunshine. “Bloody glitter gets everywhere”. Now I’m not suggesting we deny children glitter, or glue, or even paint – they ****ing LOVE that shit. All I’m saying is keep it in school where I don’t have to spend an hour hoovering it all out of the rug.

Same with baking – I’ve lost count of how many nauseating pictures I’ve seen on Facebook of my friends’ children holding aloft trays of perfectly iced cupcakes in an array of pastel shades, a twinkle in their eye and maybe a single smear of flour bedecking a cherubim cheek… However, when we tried it at B’s house all it resulted in were six broken eggs, two punch-ups (the kids, not us), 12 burnt cupcakes and three fights over who got to lick the bowl (we won).

Nobody can say we didn’t try, but the truth is, as with most things, the idea is always better than the reality. Family days out for example: they promise rosy-cheeked children, eyes aglow with wonderment as they gaze at the fireworks/Christmas lights/zoo animals/bunch of assorted crap we think they should be impressed with… in reality, 30 seconds after arriving, one of the kids wants a wee, another’s hungry, they’re cold and bored, and they just want to go to the gift shop.

Speaking of which, B and I have barely decided whether we’re gonna drink tequila or vodka tonight and I’m just about to crouch back down behind my bush when two of the kids run over to inform us that they’re all bored and hungry. Am actually pretty impressed it’s taken this long. We say our goodbyes and B tells me she’ll be round once she’s managed to scrub the glitter off her children. On the way home my eldest asks me if they can “make things” when we get home. I suppress a shudder and manage to convince them that sitting quietly on the sofa with a Disney DVD and a (shop bought) cupcake while Mummy pops out for a fag and then “rests her eyes” for five minutes is much more fun… RMC…
Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:00 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For all the JJs out there - do they still exist?

what a strange post... I think she's just qualified herself as the laziest and most apathetic SAHM out there! I'm surprised she didn't take her hip-flask to the park... or actually, why's she at the park to start off with?!

She's no JJ, and the mums she's trying to make fun of aren't JJs either.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 7:42 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
what a strange post... I think she's just qualified herself as the laziest and most apathetic SAHM out there! I'm surprised she didn't take her hip-flask to the park... or actually, why's she at the park to start off with?!

She's no JJ, and the mums she's trying to make fun of aren't JJs either.
Quite. A real JJ wouldn't take her children to the park. That's what her maid is for!
Old Dec 8th 2011, 11:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Found this on FB

http://thehinducow.com/?p=1975

(To save you from hitting the link, transcript as follows)

Just wondering - does it remind you of anyone...
What a weird post.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Quite. A real JJ wouldn't take her children to the park. That's what her maid is for!
Nor would she call a vacuum cleaner a "hoover" and she wouldn't be doing her own vacuuming!!

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Dec 8th 2011 at 2:09 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Ta for the Christmas card by the way darling xxxx
Old Dec 8th 2011, 2:04 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Ta for the Christmas card by the way darling xxxx
Seemed an apt method of delivery x
Old Dec 8th 2011, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
What a weird post.
Booze fuelled posting skills