Alf Morris

Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alf Morris

Lord Morris, who died this week at the age of 84, did more than anyone else for the rights of disabled people in Britain. When even the Nazigraf writes a glowing tribute about a Leftie, you just know he must have been someone special. RIP.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obit...anchester.html
Old Aug 15th 2012, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alf Morris

It seems that he lived a very full life.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 10:59 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

What a disjointed mess of an obituary though. And Nazigraf? Et tu Deanus?
Old Aug 15th 2012, 2:19 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Nazigraf? What a silly thing that distracts us from the point of the post.

N.

Last edited by Norm_uk; Aug 15th 2012 at 2:25 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - wasn't trying to undermine my own thread - I thought everyone called it that.....

[....... and shouldn't that be 'et tu, Deane'?]

Last edited by The Dean; Aug 15th 2012 at 5:07 pm. Reason: .
Old Aug 15th 2012, 5:11 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Sorry - wasn't trying to undermine my own thread - I thought everyone called it that.....

nope "the Torygraph" normally, a bit more accurate and a lot less offensive

It is unusual in this day and age to see a politician that actually achieved some worthwhile things (even if no one had really heard of him) as oppossed to the vacuous boasting we normally get.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
nope "the Torygraph" normally, a bit more accurate and a lot less offensive

It is unusual in this day and age to see a politician that actually achieved some worthwhile things (even if no one had really heard of him) as oppossed to the vacuous boasting we normally get.
Calm down - I'm a 'Torygraph' (sic) reader myself (as MAT hints), although it's primarily for the superb sports writers.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 5:27 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

it's primarily for the superb sports writers.
aha had to be a reason
Old Aug 15th 2012, 5:33 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, well I went to the only Catholic school that never actually taught Latin so I'm way out of my depth there.

I wasn't necessarily objecting to your characterisation of the newspaper, just a bit surprised that you would have called it such; Torygraph would probably be a more common and less controversial description. As distasteful as thinking people might find the casual bigotry of the spluttering old colonels, they are a few steps short of the real thing...
Old Aug 15th 2012, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Yeah, well I went to the only Catholic school that never actually taught Latin so I'm way out of my depth there.

I wasn't necessarily objecting to your characterisation of the newspaper, just a bit surprised that you would have called it such; Torygraph would probably be a more common and less controversial description. As distasteful as thinking people might find the casual bigotry of the spluttering old colonels, they are a few steps short of the real thing...
Point taken, and noted for future reference (of which there will be plenty). I've used that term many times before here actually - presumably you weren't in my fan club back then and didn't notice........

Last edited by The Dean; Aug 15th 2012 at 5:40 pm. Reason: .
Old Aug 15th 2012, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Point taken, and noted for future reference (of which there will be plenty). I've used that term many times before here actually - presumably you weren't in my fan club back then and didn't notice........
Earlier, after Norm and MissAnnThrope's replies I typed a reply saying how you had used that term in previous postings.
Then I proceeded to compare it to the term Faux News and thought use of the term was likely subconscious on your part and not an attempt to make an issue out of it.

I didn't hit submit cause I well thought I come off as presumptuous but...here I am