British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Alex Crawford (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/alex-crawford-729782/)

The Dean Aug 23rd 2011 10:58 pm

Alex Crawford

"........ and the TV Journalist of the Year Award goes to........"

What a girl............ shows up Kate Adie for the wooden puppet she always was.......

The Dean Aug 24th 2011 5:48 am

Re: Alex Crawford

Bahtatboy Aug 24th 2011 7:02 am

"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."

And that from the bloke who thought up logical positivism. Which I can't get my head round. Think I'll go for: "I don't know why we are here, but I'll be ****ed if I'm not going to enjoy myself".

I'm thinking of establishing the First Abu Dhabi Circle, we'll meet weekly at the Belgian Cafe and discuss existentialism, consider rejecting metaphysics not as wrong but as having no meaning, and deduce empiricially how many Dubbels we can down before our logico-linguistic constructs destruct. I've already roped in Baruch "Spugsy" Spinoza, René "The Dean" Descartes, Immanuel "Commander" Kant, Millhouse Hegel and Friedrich "The Scamp" Nietzsche. Any takers? We could do with some bints.

mentalist Aug 24th 2011 8:22 am

Watched her on Sky News the other morning and was not impressed. She seemed very gullible and keen to believe everything the rebels were telling her about their apparent success. Now it seems that the government troops may have simply let the rebels enter the city unopposed in order to lull them into a false sense of security. I wish she was more objective in her reporting.

The Dean Aug 24th 2011 8:41 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 9578726)
Watched her on Sky News the other morning and was not impressed. She seemed very gullible and keen to believe everything the rebels were telling her about their apparent success. Now it seems that the government troops may have simply let the rebels enter the city unopposed in order to lull them into a false sense of security. I wish she was more objective in her reporting.

That's not fair - she's been there for weeks and has reported and interviewed just about every factional viewpoint there is. She often lets interviewees talk uninterrupted for a while, and then jumps in with the tough question - I like her style. Sky News clearly sees itself as a rival to CNN rather than the BBC, and she is ideal for that.

norsk Aug 24th 2011 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9578762)
That's not fair - she's been there for weeks and has reported and interviewed just about every factional viewpoint there is. She often lets interviewees talk uninterrupted for a while, and then jumps in with the tough question - I like her style. Sky News clearly sees itself as a rival to CNN rather than the BBC, and she is ideal for that.

I haven't seen much of her stuff from Libya or wherever she is now, but she was absolutely one of the most biased reporters I have ever seen during the Bahrain incidents. She even wore an abaya plus headscarf at all times and commented that this was what all women had to wear in Bahrain (all for effect of course)..

Maybe she has now progressed to getting more than one point of view as she definitely wasn't interested in doing any of that back in March..

I would rather watch Teletubbies than a news story with her reporting! It is more interesting and certainly more believable...