Alcohol during ramadam

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:15 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alcohol during ramadam

Originally Posted by W10
almost everybody has a choice over everything because ultimately all human beings have freedom of thought.
Do we really have freedom of thought? It occured to me once that our brains have millions of pathways etc. but as of yet no area of the brain has been seen to, independant of the laws of physics that govern our brain's electrochemical logic gates, actually make a descision.

Not really relevant to this topic but an interesting thought on "destiny" .
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:47 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Alcohol during ramadam

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
Its one month out of the year that maybe you should participate in the culture? Afterall it is a fricken muslim country?
Fratinise with the natives, are you mad? Let them worship their deity in whatever bizzare way they see fit and let them do it in peace. Usually I advise people not to encourage these things by participating.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Fratinise with the natives, are you mad? Let them worship their deity in whatever bizzare way they see fit and let them do it in peace. Usually I advise people not to encourage these things by participating.

HUH.... are you mad.... i mean keep within the ramadan laws... be respectful regarding what you wear, drinking and eat etc... not bloody pray and fast!! However i have managed no food but cant do without water.... its the only thing that keeps me sane!!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

HUH.... are you mad.... i mean keep within the ramadan laws... be respectful regarding what you wear, drinking and eat etc... not bloody pray and fast!! However i have managed no food but cant do without water.... its the only thing that keeps me sane!!
So you are off the food??

This is your first ramadan eh? bless, ill give it a week until the novelty wears off and you fire into a bacon butty for lunch
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:13 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad

This is your first ramadan eh? bless, ill give it a week until the novelty wears off and you fire into a bacon butty for lunch
Took me two days!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:03 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

yup, I had a big bacon sarnie before work yesterday - mmmm mmm!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:08 am
Truth is the safest lie.

fire into a bacon butty for lunch
Suddenly I feel hungry, how strange!

I have to admit I do love a nice fry up early sunday afternoon and then sitting in front of the television watching motor racing .
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

housewife is an unknown quantity at this point

Housewifey, nowt like a bit of tanning but with regards to Ramadan, you get to live in this country and you are welcomed and life is easy because you are a muslim, westerner or married to one. Its one month out of the year that maybe you should participate in the culture? Afterall it is a fricken muslim country?
Well MrsHaps. I do not think it is a fricken Muslim country.

Anyway, I do not think Ramadan is weird or anything like that.
The only thing what would be a "problem" for me is that I just can't drink water when I feel like,by the pool or on the street.

And no, I will not do that because I do not want to upset anybody.
Even not in my room when housekeeping comes in.
And yes, I do participating in the culture.
Have anybody already been in a Ramadan tent?
I think it is nice, been there last night and enjoyed it.
Spoke to the Muslims who do fast. Also spoke about the "water subject"
Very interesting conversation. With respect to both sites.
A nice evening without alcohol.
Yes, I can survive without alcohol !
I did not realise that when I spoke about "surviving half an hour without alcohol" some of you would take me so serious.
I just meant it in a funny way.

Anyway, do not think that I am a disrespectful because that's wrong.
Maybe I have given someone a wrong impression with my writing.
Sorry for that.

I am not a person who just arrived here and does not know about how life can treat people. I am well aware how some people have to "struggle" their lives. Not everybody is born in a palace, if you know what I mean.
Some have to work harder then other people.
That has always been and wil always be.
I think that the most people on this forum also have to work hard for making a good living. We are not only here for fun I suppose.
And indeed, I am not working, but my husband does.
That is a choice we made a few years ago.
That does not mean that my life is a farytale by being at the pool or mall all day.
FYI, I have been 4 times to the pool in the last 3 weeks and 3 times to the mall because I had to go to Megamarkt and Carrefour.
And no, I have nothing to complain comparing with the people who left their homecountry and do not see their family for years.
But this does not mean that life for me/us (expats) can be hard from time to time.
I think that everybody of us know an example for that.

So, I hope you understand me now a little bit.
To thoose here on this forum who do practise Ramadan/fast I would give my respect. I can't do it.
Ramadan Kareem. And have a good weekend everyone.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

if you live in a hotel it makes it considerably easier to attend the Iftar Tent
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:53 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I have been in an Iftar Tent...I feel quite special now, almost muslim...
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:59 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by MataHari
I feel quite special now, almost muslim...
Have a shower, take an asprin and get a good nights sleep. Hopefully that should cure it.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

housewife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Well Blue Cat, I have to admitt it was still quite a walk from my place all over the rugby place where the tent was. But I made it !
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:31 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by housewife
Well Blue Cat, I have to admitt it was still quite a walk from my place all over the rugby place where the tent was. But I made it !
ah...the rugby place...a pillar of muslim society
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:31 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

the new rugby place or the one near the Intercon
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Well MrsHaps. I do not think it is a fricken Muslim country.

Anyway, I do not think Ramadan is weird or anything like that.
The only thing what would be a "problem" for me is that I just can't drink water when I feel like,by the pool or on the street.

And no, I will not do that because I do not want to upset anybody.
Even not in my room when housekeeping comes in.
And yes, I do participating in the culture.
Have anybody already been in a Ramadan tent?
I think it is nice, been there last night and enjoyed it.
Spoke to the Muslims who do fast. Also spoke about the "water subject"
Very interesting conversation. With respect to both sites.
A nice evening without alcohol.
Yes, I can survive without alcohol !
I did not realise that when I spoke about "surviving half an hour without alcohol" some of you would take me so serious.
I just meant it in a funny way.

Anyway, do not think that I am a disrespectful because that's wrong.
Maybe I have given someone a wrong impression with my writing.
Sorry for that.

I am not a person who just arrived here and does not know about how life can treat people. I am well aware how some people have to "struggle" their lives. Not everybody is born in a palace, if you know what I mean.
Some have to work harder then other people.
That has always been and wil always be.
I think that the most people on this forum also have to work hard for making a good living. We are not only here for fun I suppose.
And indeed, I am not working, but my husband does.
That is a choice we made a few years ago.
That does not mean that my life is a farytale by being at the pool or mall all day.
FYI, I have been 4 times to the pool in the last 3 weeks and 3 times to the mall because I had to go to Megamarkt and Carrefour.
And no, I have nothing to complain comparing with the people who left their homecountry and do not see their family for years.
But this does not mean that life for me/us (expats) can be hard from time to time.
I think that everybody of us know an example for that.

So, I hope you understand me now a little bit.
To thoose here on this forum who do practise Ramadan/fast I would give my respect. I can't do it.
Ramadan Kareem. And have a good weekend everyone.
I'm sorry, but was there a point to this post - or were you just typing because you were bored and couldn't stop...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.