Alcohol during ramadam

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:07 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alcohol during ramadam

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Do they search peoples bags for water bottles then?

If it was really a huge bother why not put one in your handbag and only drink it where there is no one else around to see you.
reminds me of one year when I was out here on holiday in the 80's, Ramadan was in May!! everyone at the pool at water bottles and long straws hidden in sports bags
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

housewife is an unknown quantity at this point

I stay in the Intercontinental.
And the pool bar is closed.
They told me here that I cannot drink my bottle of water at the pool.
I do can walk inside to the changing room and have a zip overthere.

But I realize that I must be lucky that there are here bars and restaurants open after 7.00 pm.

I respect the rules and will not brake them.
Even when housekeeping comes in I put my glass of water away.
So please do not think that I am a person who kicks against the rules.
I just wonder how you manage.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:11 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by housewife
I stay in the Intercontinental.
And the pool bar is closed.
They told me here that I cannot drink my bottle of water at the pool.
I do can walk inside to the changing room and have a zip overthere.

But I realize that I must be lucky that there are here bars and restaurants open after 7.00 pm.

I respect the rules and will not brake them.
Even when housekeeping comes in I put my glass of water away.
So please do not think that I am a person who kicks against the rules.
I just wonder how you manage.
oh lol....don't make a big fuss...a glass of water in the privacy of your own room is not a big deal...
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:12 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Alcohol during ramadam

I respect the rules and will not brake them....

...I just wonder how you manage.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:19 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Alcohol during ramadam

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
just for the record it is RamadaN
Pedant: -Noun. One who pays undue attention to book formal rules or minor details.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:03 am
W10

Well, just as I say it.

I mean, I cannot do without my bottle of water at the pool or at the gym.
But this is not allowed at the moment. If I do not drink, I get dizzy
Even a cigarette by the pool is forbidden.

So I just ask how do you survive/manage this?

Do not get me wrong that you think I have something against the Ramadan, and yes I do follow these rules but I think it is a bit hard.
And just ask how you deal with this, as I suppose you all managed with this before.

After been to the mall and standing outside with my shopping cart waiting for a taxi takes sometime ages.
Last week about 30 minutes. Standing there i the heat I could use some water. Which was possible because Ramadan wasn't started yet.
But this month I can't, and I won't.

So again, I have nothing against the Ramadan.
I'm wondering how you make it from one day to the next. What with having to wait until 6.30pm to get a drink at the bar and not being able to smoke while you lounge by the pool.

Just a hint. You can eat, smoke, drink - do whatever you want - in your own room.

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:07 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh lol....don't make a big fuss...a glass of water in the privacy of your own room is not a big deal...
I had a twix in the cab home yesterday....
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by W10
I'm wondering how you make it from one day to the next. What with having to wait until 6.30pm to get a drink at the bar and not being able to smoke while you lounge by the pool.

Just a hint. You can eat, smoke, drink - do whatever you want - in your own room.
Thank you for the hint.
I see your location is "a dark place" , maybe you like that.
But I prefer to be outside.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:17 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I had a twix in the cab home yesterday....
You naughty scoundrel! Incidentally, I got an e-mail from MMI y/day saying that all of their Dubai booze outlets are staying open. Mostly 10.30am to 9.00pm except two small ones that don't open until 12noon. Their RAK branch is shut.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

was sat in my car at a shamil registration place yesterday waiting for the buyer to turn up. so I got a coffee and croissant. had just about consumed them by the time I remembered it was ramadan
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:51 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
You naughty scoundrel! Incidentally, I got an e-mail from MMI y/day saying that all of their Dubai booze outlets are staying open. Mostly 10.30am to 9.00pm except two small ones that don't open until 12noon. Their RAK branch is shut.
I sort of hid it with my bag just in case,

but if you look closely at the big cars with tinted glass, you can see people smoking there - cheeky gets.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:09 am
W10

Thank you for the hint.
I see your location is "a dark place" , maybe you like that.
But I prefer to be outside.
And - as you are by the pool - you can't nip to your room to drink water or smoke?

You're struggling to manage 12 hours without booze.

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:09 am
W10

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I sort of hid it with my bag just in case,

but if you look closely at the big cars with tinted glass, you can see people smoking there - cheeky gets.
You find quite a lot of locals don't fast

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by W10
And - as you are by the pool - you can't nip to your room to drink water or smoke?

You're struggling to manage 12 hours without booze.
well, yes I could go to my room but then I first have to get dressed and go al the way to my place and then back again.
So I just don't fancy that.

Where did I say that I struggle because of no booze?
I do not struggle at all.
That is not the point.
I have here drinks if I want but I won't take it.
I prefer to be in a bar, have a chat and a drink and meet new people.
And I won't meet them in my room!

Comprènde?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

well, yes I could go to my room but then I first have to get dressed and go al the way to my place and then back again.
So I just don't fancy that.

Where did I say that I struggle because of no booze?
I do not struggle at all.
That is not the point.
I have here drinks if I want but I won't take it.
I prefer to be in a bar, have a chat and a drink and meet new people.
And I won't meet them in my room!

Comprènde?
it must be such a hard life being you. I mean there are guys in my place who are spending 12 hours a day (even now) lifting big heavy cables around oil rigs for 400USD a month.

Ill pass on to them that you are sooo traumatised by the fact that its affecting your swimmimg and shopping routine...

get a grip

comprende?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.