British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Alan Sugar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/alan-sugar-713622/)

Blue Cat Apr 17th 2011 8:47 am

Alan Sugar

Currently reading his book, excellent read. Anyone else read it?

Meow Apr 17th 2011 9:07 am

Re: Alan Sugar

It's in my pile of 50 unread books. I'll get around to it eventually...

Blue Cat Apr 17th 2011 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9309761)
It's in my pile of 50 unread books. I'll get around to it eventually...

it's quite addictive :thumbup:

littlejimmy Apr 17th 2011 9:36 am

Sugar is indeed addictive.

nottmbantam Apr 17th 2011 12:25 pm

Would like to read it at some point. Always thought he was 'The Daddy' on The Apprentice. Could almost see him in a Ray Winstone type of role. East End Gangland Boss.

Blue Cat Apr 17th 2011 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 9309979)
Would like to read it at some point. Always thought he was 'The Daddy' on The Apprentice. Could almost see him in a Ray Winstone type of role. East End Gangland Boss.

I agree with you, but I have always like him. No nonsense, straight forward talker

The Dean Apr 17th 2011 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 9309979)

I see Ray Winstone got the 'John Thaw' role in the remake of The Sweeney, due out later this year. The Dennis Waterman part went to Ben Drew (aka 'Plan B').

I'm looking forward to it.............

nottmbantam Apr 17th 2011 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9310006)
I agree with you, but I have always like him. No nonsense, straight forward talker

That was always my favourite bit on the The Apprentice. When he cuts through all the crap ' he said, she said' rubbish, gets straight to the point, doesn't mince his words, and makes a decision. Great viewing.

To wander off topic - Was talking to my son about good British gangster films. Although it's not a classic gangster film, have a yearning to see 'Sexy Beast' again. Ben Kingsley is just superb.

soukie Apr 17th 2011 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9310006)

Agree love his no BS approach. I have the book but I am saving it to read on my hols at the end of May.

pTeronaut Apr 17th 2011 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9309746)

NO, here in the USA we can only get Alan High Fructose Corn Syrup. :(

Blue Cat Apr 17th 2011 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 9310077)
That was always my favourite bit on the The Apprentice. When he cuts through all the crap ' he said, she said' rubbish, gets straight to the point, doesn't mince his words, and makes a decision. Great viewing.

To wander off topic - Was talking to my son about good British gangster films. Although it's not a classic gangster film, have a yearning to see 'Sexy Beast' again. Ben Kingsley is just superb.

Sexy Beast was a fab movie!

nottmbantam Apr 17th 2011 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9310116)
Sexy Beast was a fab movie!

Brilliant film.

sherri Apr 17th 2011 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9309746)

Many thanks for your post BC, it just reminded me that Mrs wanted this book for her birthday as a present; though it’s a bit late (her birthday was in Sep) anyhow – can I borrow it once you have finished reading it, please!!

I promise to return it, will blame the ‘sudden’ disappearance on the Pino cleaner. Alternatively happy to negotiate a price.

Cheers

Blue Cat Apr 17th 2011 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by sherri (Post 9310359)
Many thanks for your post BC, it just reminded me that Mrs wanted this book for her birthday as a present; though it’s a bit late (her birthday was in Sep) anyhow – can I borrow it once you have finished reading it, please!!

I promise to return it, will blame the ‘sudden’ disappearance on the Pino cleaner. Alternatively happy to negotiate a price.

Cheers

:thumbup: not finished it yet x

sherri Apr 18th 2011 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9310548)
:thumbup: not finished it yet x

nae bother, can wait until Sep :wink_smile: