British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   alan shearer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/alan-shearer-601122/)

commander Apr 1st 2009 2:34 am

alan shearer

oh there is going to be tears and a murder when that daft owner fires him....

Inselaffen Apr 1st 2009 2:39 am

Re: alan shearer

he'll enjoy a season or two of managing the bar codes in the Championship.

The Dean Apr 1st 2009 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7440457)
he'll enjoy a season or two of managing the bar codes in the Championship.

I'll have a small wager with you.............

........... that at the end of the season, he will 'step down' due to 'other commitments'.

The Dean Apr 1st 2009 3:02 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7440496)
I'll have a small wager with you.............

........... that at the end of the season, he will 'step down' due to 'other commitments'.

........... even if they stay up.

He's not stupid.

BangleMan Apr 1st 2009 3:10 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7440438)
oh there is going to be tears and a murder when that daft owner fires him....

this isnt good news.....i was hoping they would go down, but am sure Shearer will give the team / fans a feel good factor......BUT, there is no guarantee he will succeed as they have some very tough fixtures coming up in the last 8 games

its worth bearing in mind that returning heroes dont always succeed, they give you a glimmer of hope though which is what Shearer will do to Spugsy and mates.....whether they have left it too late is another thing

west ham did something similar a few years ago, and Brooking despite being idolised by the fans and getting the team to win games they had no chance of winning previously, just had too big a points deficit to overhaul

Inselaffen Apr 1st 2009 3:26 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7440511)
this isnt good news.....i was hoping they would go down, but am sure Shearer will give the team / fans a feel good factor......BUT, there is no guarantee he will succeed as they have some very tough fixtures coming up in the last 8 games

its worth bearing in mind that returning heroes dont always succeed, they give you a glimmer of hope though which is what Shearer will do to Spugsy and mates.....whether they have left it too late is another thing

west ham did something similar a few years ago, and Brooking despite being idolised by the fans and getting the team to win games they had no chance of winning previously, just had too big a points deficit to overhaul

Just like King Kevin did!
I'd love it if he does the same

The Dean Apr 1st 2009 3:32 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7440535)

They've still got to play Stoke (A), Portsmouth (H) and Middlesbrough (H)......

Win those three and they'll be safe..............

BangleMan Apr 1st 2009 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7440535)

i like Shearer, he lived his dream of playing for his home town team, and didnt go down the glory hunting route, having the balls to turn Man U when they desperately wanted to sign him......hope he succeeds

BangleMan Apr 1st 2009 3:34 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7440546)
They've still got to play Stoke (A), Portsmouth (H) and Middlesbrough (H)......

Win those three and they'll be safe..............

Stoke have been awesome at home, Portsmouth are on the up, and a derby game v Middlesboro......not so easy me thinks

The Dean Apr 1st 2009 3:35 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7440549)
i like Shearer, he lived his dream of playing for his home town team, and didnt go down the glory hunting route, having the balls to turn Man U when they desperately wanted to sign him......hope he succeeds

I thought that was because Jack Walker simply offered him more...... er..... money to sign for Blackburn.......?

rowell Apr 1st 2009 3:36 am

Was this in the April fool mag?

BangleMan Apr 1st 2009 3:37 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7440553)
I thought that was because Jack Walker simply offered him more...... er..... money to sign for Blackburn.......?

i was referring to when he left Blackburn muppet

Sandboy Apr 1st 2009 4:16 am

:rofl::rofl::lol:

Sky Blue Apr 1st 2009 4:27 am

Lets hope he brings more thoughtful analysis than he does to his post match BBC commentary or I fear for the Magpies...

What are the odds on all three North East teams being relegated then?

Trip to the Ricoh next season anyone?

Inselaffen Apr 1st 2009 4:28 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7440549)

he was a dirty player who got away with too much and moaned when someone else fouled him! Would have loved to see keano floor him!