Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Al Reef Villas Abu Dhabi

Al Reef Villas Abu Dhabi

Old Sep 16th 2015, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

kellyr4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Al Reef Villas Abu Dhabi

Hi, with a pending relocation to Abu Dhabi, I am considering renting a villa in Al Reef. However I cannot find any up to date reviews of the development.
Old reviews back in 2013 & 2014 stated that shops, cafes, restaurants etc were planned to open soon.

Can somebody please provide a current update as to what services are now open in the development?
Old Sep 17th 2015, 9:41 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Reef Villas Abu Dhabi

Well the fact that a site like dubizzle only has 2 listings for a place in Alreef and both are by the same agent :

https://abudhabi.dubizzle.com/proper...athrooms__gte=

says a lot about what sort of development that has taken place in the past few years. I would nope my way out of this one if I were you, although I havent been there ever myself.
Hope that helped
Cheers
Old Sep 17th 2015, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Im sorry but I dont get your point at all........

propertyfinder.ae has 110 villas listed for rental in Al Reef
Old Sep 17th 2015, 9:54 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

so who do you work for?
Old Sep 17th 2015, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Im not sure what relevance that is, but I work for an Irish airline and have been offered a role with Etihad
Old Sep 17th 2015, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Do Etihad not provide accommodation?
Old Sep 17th 2015, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi Pongo, Etihad would provide me with a housing allowance that would cover a high % of the rental cost of a villa
Old Sep 17th 2015, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Al Reef as it is convenient for work and access to Yas, Saadiyat etc.
There is a supermarket and various food outlets, coffee shop, laundry etc. The retail area is nothing special but is adequate for day to day use. There are good shopping and leisure facilities within an easy 15 minute drive. Although right next to the airport I am rarely bothered by aircraft noise.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for the info Pongo.

I have been trying to research Al Reef online but all reviews date back to 2013/14 when the facilities were still being promised but hadnt yet been built.

So are all of the shops, cafes, restaurants that were promised onsite in Al Reef now open?

Are there any schools within walking distance?

Of the 4 villa villages (Arabian, Contemporary, Mediterranean, Desert), which are the best / worst.

My main worry is that as my wife does not drive, she would feel secluded whilst I would be at work all day.

Apologies for all the questions but you are the first person that I have been able to contact that actually lives in Al Reef!
Old Sep 17th 2015, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Pongo, I meant to include that I was also looking at Al Raha Gardens due to its better location to schools, amenities etc. But you get alot more villa for the same money (5 bed with own pool v 3 bed without pool) in Al Reef.

I was in Abu Dhabi last weekend for final interview and took a tour around Al Raha Gardens. To be honest, I was quite disappointed by its appearance and lack of kids out playing.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's still too hot for kids to be running around I think...I don't have any ankle biters here. No schools in Al Reef, the kids get on busses in the morning. I live in Mediterranean and it is fine for the 2 of us in a 3 bedroom. The pools in the 5 beds are basically splash pools, you won't be swimming very far in them.
I go to Al Raha gardens quite a lot for groceries, coffee, etc......the alcohol store is there, also the grocery store that sells pork if that is important for you.
You could also hunt around on Facebook for groups....abudhabipaddy...abudhabi Q&A etc
Old Sep 17th 2015, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that.

Is the reason you go to Al Raha gardens alot for groceries, coffee etc, because the shops, cafes etc in Al Reef are no good?
Old Sep 17th 2015, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its adequate for day to day stuff, Al Raha gardens and Etihad Plaza are better and have more choice. Yas Mall is only 15 minutes by car/taxi too, taxis are plentiful and cheap.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Another question!

On the route from Al Reef to Etihad HQ, in morning and evening, would there be much traffic?
Old Sep 17th 2015, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Depends on your start time, but not too busy although driving standards are pretty poor. Regarding your wife, there will not be much to keep her entertained other than pools/gym regardless of where you live. Once she starts making friends life will get busier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.