British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Al Murray (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/al-murray-642105/)

rowell Nov 25th 2009 8:41 am

Al Murray

Coming to Madinat on Dec 19th one night only........what a b*****d I bought tickets for the Barcelona game!

Millhouse Nov 25th 2009 8:53 am

Re: Al Murray

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 8123697)
Coming to Madinat on Dec 19th one night only........what a b*****d I bought tickets for the Barcelona game!

awesome! do you know where i can get tickets?

edit - found them, time out tickets

rowell Nov 25th 2009 8:57 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8123716)
awesome! do you know where i can get tickets?

TimeoutDubai.com

Meow Nov 25th 2009 9:39 am

I hate it when things clash. Have agreed to go to company Christmas bash that night :(

-

BangleMan Nov 26th 2009 3:52 am

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 8123697)

he has to be one of the unfunniest, so called comedians out there....as bad as that other twat, Harry Hill

Spugsy Nov 26th 2009 5:47 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 8126112)
he has to be one of the unfunniest, so called comedians out there....as bad as that other twat, Harry Hill

BADGER!

Millhouse Nov 26th 2009 6:16 am

come on man, what are you thinking!

I've already got my tickets...

Inselaffen Nov 26th 2009 7:27 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8126309)
come on man, what are you thinking!

I've already got my tickets...

He's too educated for Mr Bangles. he prefers Jim Davidson

Madam Medusa Nov 26th 2009 9:18 am

totally agree about al murray, saw him at the cosmic club in fulham years ago and he was totally crap...don't think he's changed his act one bit since then...

harry hill, however, was a genuis...and then he went on tv and lost the plot...

MM, xx

Millhouse Nov 26th 2009 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8126588)
totally agree about al murray, saw him at the cosmic club in fulham years ago and he was totally crap...don't think he's changed his act one bit since then...

harry hill, however, was a genuis...and then he went on tv and lost the plot...

MM, xx

I agree that Harry Hill isn't funny... apart from when he does the voice overs on you've been framed.

Spugsy Nov 26th 2009 3:08 pm

I was considering going to be honest as I haven't seen anyone decent for ages, but AED 250?

Fûck that shit.

Sandboy Nov 28th 2009 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8127187)
I was considering going to be honest as I haven't seen anyone decent for ages, but AED 250?

Fûck that shit.

my thoughts exactly - plus get robbed for booze and a taxi

I just dowloaded his new dvd and invested in a crate of stella

Meow Nov 28th 2009 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8127187)

Fûck that shit.

Dhs 250?! That's ridiculous. Now glad I'm busy that night. He's worth less than half that.

-

benzonar Nov 28th 2009 2:19 pm

I saw Harry Hill and Al Murray on the same bill in 1992 at Manchester Uni. They were both great that night, but in those days Al Murray's act consisted of doing impressions of firearms and spitfire props - way before this pub landlord shite.

Spugsy Nov 28th 2009 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8131097)
I saw Harry Hill and Al Murray on the same bill in 1992 at Manchester Uni. They were both great that night, but in those days Al Murray's act consisted of doing impressions of firearms and spitfire props - way before this pub landlord shite.

I can't actually believe he's been doing that 'fruit based drink for the ladies' shit for so long, how can he keep getting away with it?