Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Al Jazeera sports today.

Al Jazeera sports today.

Old Dec 8th 2013, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Jazeera sports today.

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Not even gonna bite.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....r-city-6281238

We maybe going through a sticky patch at the moment but we'll always be the big boys you lot look up to!
Oops, seems like I did bite!
Old Dec 8th 2013, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Not even gonna bite.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....r-city-6281238

We maybe going through a sticky patch at the moment but we'll always be the big boys you lot look up to!
You are, I won't argue with that one.

We ain't doing great ourselves at the moment. But after 15 years of seeing United dominate it does make a nice change.
Old Dec 8th 2013, 11:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Oops, seems like I did bite!
Chomp.

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
You are, I won't argue with that one.

We ain't doing great ourselves at the moment. But after 15 years of seeing United dominate it does make a nice change.
Did you know, we had four English players on the pitch yesterday at one point, who have played together since they were 8yrs old.
Old Dec 8th 2013, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
Chomp.

Did you know, we had four English players on the pitch yesterday at one point, who have played together since they were 8yrs old.
Was really impressed yesterday with the Saints. The hunger and desire that you had because of so many players coming through the academy was apparent.

City.. not so much.
Old Dec 8th 2013, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Was really impressed yesterday with the Saints. The hunger and desire that you had because of so many players coming through the academy was apparent.

City.. not so much.
I won't lie. I went ****ing berserk when Osvaldo scored. What a goal.

Nasri is a dirty little ******** who should have been sent off. Nice to see Davis just got up and Chambers didn't make a meal of being tripped up.

Did enjoy hearing the Yaya/Kolo song though and still want you guys or Chelsea to win the league
Old Dec 8th 2013, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

I won't lie. I went ****ing berserk when Osvaldo scored. What a goal.

Nasri is a dirty little ******** who should have been sent off. Nice to see Davis just got up and Chambers didn't make a meal of being tripped up.

Did enjoy hearing the Yaya/Kolo song though and still want you guys or Chelsea to win the league
He has got a dirty side and tbh it makes a change. It's good to see him get stuck in.

It was a beautiful goal. You don't mind not winning a game when that is the deciding goal.

Best song in the league. Always reminds me of when we won the league and just being in Manchester with thousands of other city fans singing it.
Old Dec 8th 2013, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

He has got a dirty side and tbh it makes a change. It's good to see him get stuck in.

It was a beautiful goal. You don't mind not winning a game when that is the deciding goal.

Best song in the league. Always reminds me of when we won the league and just being in Manchester with thousands of other city fans singing it.
Have you seen the videos of it going off in clubs and things? Loads of pissed up students just going mad for it. Quality song.
Old Dec 8th 2013, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Have you seen the videos of it going off in clubs and things? Loads of pissed up students just going mad for it. Quality song.
Saw the one in Newcastle which was quality.
Old Dec 8th 2013, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

City.. not so much.
Saints were great yesterday. They look like they have potential to keep on rising. That finish was sublime.

It's been a weird season so far. Even if you take United out of the equation, City, Spurs and Chelski are all dropping points willy nilly! United fans always knew it was going to be a season of transition, although admittedly I didn't think we were going to be this bad!

Unfortunately it's making Le Arse and The Scallies think they are in with a chance.

I want Everton to storm through!
Old Dec 8th 2013, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

ADteacher is an unknown quantity at this point

I want Everton to storm through!
Old Dec 8th 2013, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
There was a segment yesterday where a 'pretty women' spent about 5 mins reading out the which games where on and a on which channel. Two problems with this, she wasn't very pretty and reading wasn't her forte.
Do you think Keys-ey would 'smash it' though?
Old Dec 9th 2013, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flares
Do you think Keys-ey would 'smash it' though?
Only if he got to explain the offside rule to her first.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

boroboy is an unknown quantity at this point

It is typical of Al Jazeera. I renewed last month and they never mentioned this. They only let me renew until the end of May because they want to screw everyone over for the World Cup. The last World Cup they couldn't get the joys of English commentary and a picture until day 4 or 5. Their coverage is awful. I don't know why Abu Dhabi sports lost out decent enough coverage plus all matches in HD. I was pissed off because they were going to show a couple of FA cup games and they were not shown. It makes me look forward so much to the World Cup in Qatar.