Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Al Arabiya article on American Imam performing Gay marriage

Al Arabiya article on American Imam performing Gay marriage

Old Apr 25th 2013, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Al Arabiya article on American Imam performing Gay marriage

Lots of commets

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/pers...-the-U-S-.html

No other Imam will perform Gay marriage. Said Imam has been ostracised and has "plenty of detractors".

“We had to ask all our guests to do a social-media blackout of our wedding. No Facebook, no Twitter no Instagram,” said M.Q., the Muslim partner, “our relatives could be killed, their homes could be destroyed…if our wedding was on the internet.”
Old Apr 25th 2013, 2:04 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Al Arabiya article on American Imam performing Gay marriage

Great comment, this Jordanian is obviously battling with his feelings and then the reply....

10-suggest things to convert my sexuality!Aladdin(Guest)Friday, 19 April 2013 KSA 15:27 - GMT 12:27as Arab Jordanian Gay, i'm very close to my family because in Arab tradition we all communicate everyday if not living in the same house, the thing i told my mom in the age of 14 about my feelings and that i sleep with men in the dreams and i feel very close to men ..i wasn't very sure its fine because i have none in my family is gay or my uncles... she took to Shikh to tell me what to do that i will not be gay, i start reading parts and more parts of the Quraan and start praying and fast.. but still i have those feelings, any suggestions

11-mrs.US mom(Guest)Sunday, 21 April 2013 KSA 04:31 - GMT 01:31 my only advice to you is to find a good woman, & leave it @ that. being encompassed in a gay lifestyle is to condemn yourself to a social downgrading. as much as america wants you to this think this is 'normal' don't believe it. the majority of people do NOT support this lifestyle, & to impose their view of 'marriage' is laughable. liberal democrats in america are always attempting to redefine words to make themselves feel better about their perversions-- it helps them to ease their guilt .
I don't think US mom get's it.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Great comment, this Jordanian is obviously battling with his feelings and then the reply....

I don't think US mom get's it.
She probably thinks one can pray the Gay away , believes in conversion therapy and that Homosexuality is an unnatural choice.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

(Ode to the first comment I read on there)
Old Apr 28th 2013, 8:31 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Lots of commets

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/pers...-the-U-S-.html

No other Imam will perform Gay marriage. Said Imam has been ostracised and has "plenty of detractors".
Another brave reformer who will likely end up dead at the hands of his fellow believers. We're too busy giving guns and money to people who won't even let men and women pray together to see that supporting reform is the only way to secure a long term better world.

N.