British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Al Ain football shirt (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/al-ain-football-shirt-615899/)

aberdeensiregirl Jun 28th 2009 11:34 am

Re: Al Ain football shirt
 

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7706540)
EH?

Instead of a footy top you got him a dr pepper top?!?

well i will get him a footy top later and he already has loads of footy tops!! I would not know which one to buy him anyway if I could not get an Al Ain top. He supports both Celtic and Man u and of course Scotland!!!!

commander Jun 28th 2009 11:42 am

Re: Al Ain football shirt
 

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7706553)
well i will get him a footy top later and he already has loads of footy tops!! I would not know which one to buy him anyway if I could not get an Al Ain top. He supports both Celtic and Man u and of course Scotland!!!!

not Republic of Ireland??

aberdeensiregirl Jun 28th 2009 11:44 am

Re: Al Ain football shirt
 

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7706565)
not Republic of Ireland??

confused?????? since you dont like smileys!

Spugsy Jun 28th 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Al Ain football shirt
 

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7706553)
well i will get him a footy top later and he already has loads of footy tops!! I would not know which one to buy him anyway if I could not get an Al Ain top. He supports both Celtic and Man u and of course Scotland!!!!

well as a footy fan I was always happy with loads of random tops when I was younger when people went on holiday, I still get various ones, I have england, australia, newcastle, barcelona and a few french ones.

commander Jun 28th 2009 12:46 pm

Re: Al Ain football shirt
 
Sorry, it was a reference to Celtic..don't worry about it!!

aberdeensiregirl Jun 28th 2009 12:50 pm

Re: Al Ain football shirt
 

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7706683)
well as a footy fan I was always happy with loads of random tops when I was younger when people went on holiday, I still get various ones, I have england, australia, newcastle, barcelona and a few french ones.

Yes he has a lot of other national ones as well and has some signed ones from ebay but dont ask what they are! He has always had a great interest in football from an early age.

aberdeensiregirl Jun 28th 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Al Ain football shirt
 

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7706686)
Sorry, it was a reference to Celtic..don't worry about it!!

I did wonder about that but I am afraid I am not very knowledgable about football. He has followed both celtic and man u since he was very young.

aberdeensiregirl Jun 30th 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Al Ain football shirt
 

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace (Post 7687271)
It could be that it isnt there anymore, I was just about to msn you. If you go to the very top floor its one of the little stalls before you go into the cinema. If it has gone you maybe try the Al Ain Sports Stadium near the Hilton where I live. Let me know if you cant find it and I will ask around for you.

After buying a dr pepper t shirt instead i found an al ain strip in the gift market beside Lulu supermarket. I know probably not genuine but looked ok for him. Thanks to all who tried to help. Going home Thursday and back in a week . You want some butteries and deans shortbread TKFKASE?:thumbsup:

TGFKASE Jul 1st 2009 6:06 am

Re: Al Ain football shirt
 

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7686875)
Its the local paper. Turriff Advertiser but thats what the locals call it turra squeak. Ask TGFKASE!!!!

I can confirm the usage of the word 'squeak' to describe the local paper..

Of course, far ah'm fae its the Inverurie Squeak, or just the Squeak for short...

Always remember the Evening sellers calling out the paper during the Turra Show...

Get yer pictures o't grrrrrreat show....

Oh, and BTW, foo's the coo gettin' on????

aberdeensiregirl Jul 1st 2009 6:10 am

Re: Al Ain football shirt
 

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7713984)
I can confirm the usage of the word 'squeak' to describe the local paper..

Of course, far ah'm fae its the Inverurie Squeak, or just the Squeak for short...

Always remember the Evening sellers calling out the paper during the Turra Show...

Get yer pictures o't grrrrrreat show....

Oh, and BTW, foo's the coo gettin' on????

actually all one paper( well one owner) - inverurie , turriff and ellon cos my son sometimes has to work at the other offices. New statue gonna go up of turra coo this year I think. Lots of controversy over the design!!

TGFKASE Jul 1st 2009 6:13 am

Re: Al Ain football shirt
 

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7712794)
After buying a dr pepper t shirt instead i found an al ain strip in the gift market beside Lulu supermarket. I know probably not genuine but looked ok for him. Thanks to all who tried to help. Going home Thursday and back in a week . You want some butteries and deans shortbread TKFKASE?:thumbsup:

Defo on the rowies, I like mine on the soft side, no tae weelfired, if ye kenfitamine.... Oh, and Ross the Bakers fae Inverurie, if ye hiv the choice, cannae min' if he his a placie in Turra or mebbe's closest will be Meldrum...

On this subject, the reason I ask for Ross' rowies is coz he's ma uncle. He is looking into the idea of putting together 'care packages' for expats and we are gonna be the guines pigs.. Anyone fae north of Hadrians with any ideas of what could be added that we just cannae get ower here, drop me a line...

Ill be heading back to Gods country in about a month or so, and had planned on stocking up then. Unfortunately, Ill be heading straight to Hassi Messauod for 2 weeks after my visit home, so had decided not to stock up...

TGFKASE Jul 1st 2009 6:14 am

Re: Al Ain football shirt
 

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7713993)
actually all one paper( well one owner) - inverurie , turriff and ellon cos my son sometimes has to work at the other offices. New statue gonna go up of turra coo this year I think. Lots of controversy over the design!!

OOoohhh!!! Will hae tae track doon the design online and see fit a' the palaver's aboot...

aberdeensiregirl Jul 1st 2009 6:19 am

Re: Al Ain football shirt
 

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7714004)
Defo on the rowies, I like mine on the soft side, no tae weelfired, if ye kenfitamine.... Oh, and Ross the Bakers fae Inverurie, if ye hiv the choice, cannae min' if he his a placie in Turra or mebbe's closest will be Meldrum...

On this subject, the reason I ask for Ross' rowies is coz he's ma uncle. He is looking into the idea of putting together 'care packages' for expats and we are gonna be the guines pigs.. Anyone fae north of Hadrians with any ideas of what could be added that we just cannae get ower here, drop me a line...

Ill be heading back to Gods country in about a month or so, and had planned on stocking up then. Unfortunately, Ill be heading straight to Hassi Messauod for 2 weeks after my visit home, so had decided not to stock up...



Dinna ken if we'll be in inverurie or meldrum but will see. We get ours from donald the baker in huntly. Big asda and tesco now in huntly. For your package you will neeed deans shortbread much better than walkers! And some tablet, highland toffee, baxters red onion chutney (hubbby canna find it here!!), butteries, haggis pizza (son loves that one!) :thumbsup:

aberdeensiregirl Jul 1st 2009 6:22 am

Re: Al Ain football shirt
 

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7713993)
actually all one paper( well one owner) - inverurie , turriff and ellon cos my son sometimes has to work at the other offices. New statue gonna go up of turra coo this year I think. Lots of controversy over the design!!

Shame the squeaks have no website. I dinna ken much about it cos son winna let us read the paper if he had written in it!!!!!!! Try p and j site might have something on it. We jist get huntly (minutes silence!) and bannf
fiee!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:46 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.