British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Al Ain football shirt (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/al-ain-football-shirt-615899/)

aberdeensiregirl Jun 20th 2009 1:08 pm

Al Ain football shirt

Does anybody know where i can buy my son an Al Ain football shirt to take home with me in a couple of weeks? :confused:

buddymom Jun 21st 2009 2:44 am

Re: Al Ain football shirt

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7683152)
Does anybody know where i can buy my son an Al Ain football shirt to take home with me in a couple of weeks? :confused:

Try the Rugby and or Golf club in Al Ain. Also known as the Palm Sports Club

aberdeensiregirl Jun 21st 2009 4:20 am

Originally Posted by buddymom (Post 7684472)
Try the Rugby and or Golf club in Al Ain. Also known as the Palm Sports Club

thank you much appreciated

Karlos The Jackal Jun 21st 2009 3:25 pm

Get hima Leeds United shirt, we maybe shit but at least he will have heard of us !;)

aberdeensiregirl Jun 21st 2009 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal (Post 7685679)
Get hima Leeds United shirt, we maybe shit but at least he will have heard of us !;)

He would be sick over that shirt. Strictly a celtic and man u supporter. But he does know about Al Ain football club. Ebay had one from a former al ain player who was in brazil i think (not my area really) and it was on for £250!!!!
He is a sports writer for the local paper (Turra Squeak) and hoping to be sports editor one day so collecting football shirts

Spugsy Jun 21st 2009 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7685747)
He would be sick over that shirt. Strictly a celtic and man u supporter. But he does know about Al Ain football club. Ebay had one from a former al ain player who was in brazil i think (not my area really) and it was on for £250!!!!
He is a sports writer for the local paper (Turra Squeak) and hoping to be sports editor one day so collecting football shirts

HEH.

Turra squeak?!?

aberdeensiregirl Jun 22nd 2009 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7686026)
HEH.

Turra squeak?!?

Its the local paper. Turriff Advertiser but thats what the locals call it turra squeak. Ask TGFKASE!!!!

Spugsy Jun 22nd 2009 5:42 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7686875)
Its the local paper. Turriff Advertiser but thats what the locals call it turra squeak. Ask TGFKASE!!!!

does it have mouse olympics in it?

http://www.hellokids.com/img/mickey-...foot-72079.jpg

aberdeensiregirl Jun 22nd 2009 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7686981)

Nah sorry - Turriff Show tug of war do instead! And Marquee fighting is as good as wwe!!!!!!!!

Sandboy Jun 22nd 2009 5:57 am

is having lots of football shirts a qualification ? explains some of the shitty sports journalism here, an afternoon in Karama and you get a job on The National / Dubai Eye :blink:

aberdeensiregirl Jun 22nd 2009 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7687017)
is having lots of football shirts a qualification ? explains some of the shitty sports journalism here, an afternoon in Karama and you get a job on The National / Dubai Eye :blink:

No it is not a qualification the "so" should have been an "and" He just does it as a hobby and because he is interested in football. It does not mean he is a "shitty" reporter.

Sandboy Jun 22nd 2009 6:24 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7687028)
No it is not a qualification the "so" should have been an "and" He just does it as a hobby and because he is interested in football. It does not mean he is a "shitty" reporter.

I'm sure he's not, I said the shitty journalism was here

aberdeensiregirl Jun 22nd 2009 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7687074)

Yes sorry did not mean to sound sarcastic. :o Looked online at Palm sports but no sign of football shirts just rugby and golf.

Spugsy Jun 22nd 2009 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7687074)

aye you're not wrong, it's bloody appalling.

Inselaffen Jun 22nd 2009 7:38 am

there are a couple of shops in the Karama Shopping centre that sell local football shirts.

aberdeensiregirl Jun 22nd 2009 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7687219)
there are a couple of shops in the Karama Shopping centre that sell local football shirts.

where is that? sorry we stay in Al Ain and not sure where some places are yet. thank you for help.

Inselaffen Jun 22nd 2009 7:46 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7687228)
where is that? sorry we stay in Al Ain and not sure where some places are yet. thank you for help.

its in Dubai. its the place to get fake handbags and genuine fake rolexes

aberdeensiregirl Jun 22nd 2009 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7687241)
its in Dubai. its the place to get fake handbags and genuine fake rolexes

thank you will hopefully try to get there before we go home.

Amazing Grace Jun 22nd 2009 7:53 am

Hi there I live in Al Ain also and you can get them on the top floor of the Al Ain Shopping Mall, there is a little kiosk near the Early Learning Centre. They have lots of other little bits and pieces in purple and white there too. If you need any help give me a shout.

aberdeensiregirl Jun 22nd 2009 7:57 am

[QUOTE=Amazing Grace;7687256]Hi there I live in Al Ain also and you can get them on the top floor of the Al Ain Shopping Mall, there is a little kiosk near the Early Learning Centre. They have lots of other little bits and pieces in purple and white there too. If you need any help give me a shout.[/QUOTE

somebody at work told my husband that there was somewhere in the al ain mall and we had a look on saturday but could not find it. will have another look this weekend again maybe just missed it. Grateful for all the help. Difficult to take pressies home for 22 year olds! Daughter easy but both boys are a nightmare. 2nd son not into sports but computing and not fashion either so still stumped what to take him back! And they have birthdays in August too!!!

Amazing Grace Jun 22nd 2009 8:00 am

It could be that it isnt there anymore, I was just about to msn you. If you go to the very top floor its one of the little stalls before you go into the cinema. If it has gone you maybe try the Al Ain Sports Stadium near the Hilton where I live. Let me know if you cant find it and I will ask around for you.

aberdeensiregirl Jun 22nd 2009 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace (Post 7687271)
It could be that it isnt there anymore, I was just about to msn you. If you go to the very top floor its one of the little stalls before you go into the cinema. If it has gone you maybe try the Al Ain Sports Stadium near the Hilton where I live. Let me know if you cant find it and I will ask around for you.

Thank you. I dont drive (here) so when hubby comes back from work today we will go and have a look. Appreciate all the help

captainflack Jun 22nd 2009 11:32 am

Mrs flack is brazilian and when her mum came over she wanted to get an Al Ain shirt for her nephew, who was a fan of the guy at Al Ain from Brazil (I think he used to play for his team in Brazil). Turns out the mrs has a friend from her home town who is married to a brazilian player of another well known Dubai team. So she managed to get a signed shirt from Al Ain via him, because the brazilian players all know each other locally :)

Lucky really because she had real problems finding one in the shops here.

aberdeensiregirl Jun 22nd 2009 11:52 am

Originally Posted by captainflack (Post 7687808)
Mrs flack is brazilian and when her mum came over she wanted to get an Al Ain shirt for her nephew, who was a fan of the guy at Al Ain from Brazil (I think he used to play for his team in Brazil). Turns out the mrs has a friend from her home town who is married to a brazilian player of another well known Dubai team. So she managed to get a signed shirt from Al Ain via him, because the brazilian players all know each other locally :)

Lucky really because she had real problems finding one in the shops here.

My son would be interested to hear that story! Well I have a week to try and get one. if not I can try when I come back and get him one for christmas. Thank you for the information

captainflack Jun 23rd 2009 7:11 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7687879)
My son would be interested to hear that story! Well I have a week to try and get one. if not I can try when I come back and get him one for christmas. Thank you for the information

I am reliably informed by mrs F that her mum saw Al Ain shirts in Karama market after she'd got one from her friend. This was about 6 months ago, so no guarantees they still have them there but worth a try I reckon. Then again, its open air I think, so pretty hot to be wandering around. Some shops have aircon i think, so maybe try some of those.

I'd taken her to Dragon Mart a few days before but none of the sports shops there had Al Ain shirts, although some of them looked like the kind of places that might (lots of knocked off premiership shirts and the odd middle east club too).

Amazing Grace Jun 23rd 2009 7:13 am

Aberdeen, did you manage to find the shop in Al Ain Mall

aberdeensiregirl Jun 24th 2009 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace (Post 7690162)
Aberdeen, did you manage to find the shop in Al Ain Mall

Sorry for late reply. No internet for a couple of days. Went to Al Ain mall and found stall but only had a scarf or a furry top hat. Maybe they only sell the shirts in the football season. Thank you for all your help.

aberdeensiregirl Jun 24th 2009 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by captainflack (Post 7690156)
I am reliably informed by mrs F that her mum saw Al Ain shirts in Karama market after she'd got one from her friend. This was about 6 months ago, so no guarantees they still have them there but worth a try I reckon. Then again, its open air I think, so pretty hot to be wandering around. Some shops have aircon i think, so maybe try some of those.

I'd taken her to Dragon Mart a few days before but none of the sports shops there had Al Ain shirts, although some of them looked like the kind of places that might (lots of knocked off premiership shirts and the odd middle east club too).

Thank you for your help and if we are in dubai then we will have a look.

aberdeensiregirl Jun 28th 2009 10:01 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7695397)
Thank you for your help and if we are in dubai then we will have a look.

Decided to leave football shirt till xmas and bought him a Dr Pepper t shirt instead! After football it is his second favourite thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Spugsy Jun 28th 2009 11:28 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7706360)
Decided to leave football shirt till xmas and bought him a Dr Pepper t shirt instead! After football it is his second favourite thing!!!!!!!!!!!

EH?

Instead of a footy top you got him a dr pepper top?!?

aberdeensiregirl Jun 28th 2009 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7706540)
EH?

Instead of a footy top you got him a dr pepper top?!?

well i will get him a footy top later and he already has loads of footy tops!! I would not know which one to buy him anyway if I could not get an Al Ain top. He supports both Celtic and Man u and of course Scotland!!!!

commander Jun 28th 2009 11:42 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7706553)
well i will get him a footy top later and he already has loads of footy tops!! I would not know which one to buy him anyway if I could not get an Al Ain top. He supports both Celtic and Man u and of course Scotland!!!!

not Republic of Ireland??

aberdeensiregirl Jun 28th 2009 11:44 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7706565)
not Republic of Ireland??

confused?????? since you dont like smileys!

Spugsy Jun 28th 2009 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7706553)

well as a footy fan I was always happy with loads of random tops when I was younger when people went on holiday, I still get various ones, I have england, australia, newcastle, barcelona and a few french ones.

commander Jun 28th 2009 12:46 pm

Sorry, it was a reference to Celtic..don't worry about it!!

aberdeensiregirl Jun 28th 2009 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7706683)
well as a footy fan I was always happy with loads of random tops when I was younger when people went on holiday, I still get various ones, I have england, australia, newcastle, barcelona and a few french ones.

Yes he has a lot of other national ones as well and has some signed ones from ebay but dont ask what they are! He has always had a great interest in football from an early age.

aberdeensiregirl Jun 28th 2009 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7706686)
Sorry, it was a reference to Celtic..don't worry about it!!

I did wonder about that but I am afraid I am not very knowledgable about football. He has followed both celtic and man u since he was very young.

aberdeensiregirl Jun 30th 2009 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace (Post 7687271)

After buying a dr pepper t shirt instead i found an al ain strip in the gift market beside Lulu supermarket. I know probably not genuine but looked ok for him. Thanks to all who tried to help. Going home Thursday and back in a week . You want some butteries and deans shortbread TKFKASE?:thumbsup:

TGFKASE Jul 1st 2009 6:06 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7686875)

I can confirm the usage of the word 'squeak' to describe the local paper..

Of course, far ah'm fae its the Inverurie Squeak, or just the Squeak for short...

Always remember the Evening sellers calling out the paper during the Turra Show...

Get yer pictures o't grrrrrreat show....

Oh, and BTW, foo's the coo gettin' on????

aberdeensiregirl Jul 1st 2009 6:10 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7713984)
I can confirm the usage of the word 'squeak' to describe the local paper..

Of course, far ah'm fae its the Inverurie Squeak, or just the Squeak for short...

Always remember the Evening sellers calling out the paper during the Turra Show...

Get yer pictures o't grrrrrreat show....

Oh, and BTW, foo's the coo gettin' on????

actually all one paper( well one owner) - inverurie , turriff and ellon cos my son sometimes has to work at the other offices. New statue gonna go up of turra coo this year I think. Lots of controversy over the design!!