British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Al Ain football shirt (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/al-ain-football-shirt-615899/)

aberdeensiregirl Jun 20th 2009 1:08 pm

Al Ain football shirt

Does anybody know where i can buy my son an Al Ain football shirt to take home with me in a couple of weeks? :confused:

buddymom Jun 21st 2009 2:44 am

Re: Al Ain football shirt

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7683152)
Does anybody know where i can buy my son an Al Ain football shirt to take home with me in a couple of weeks? :confused:

Try the Rugby and or Golf club in Al Ain. Also known as the Palm Sports Club

aberdeensiregirl Jun 21st 2009 4:20 am

Originally Posted by buddymom (Post 7684472)
Try the Rugby and or Golf club in Al Ain. Also known as the Palm Sports Club

thank you much appreciated

Karlos The Jackal Jun 21st 2009 3:25 pm

Get hima Leeds United shirt, we maybe shit but at least he will have heard of us !;)

aberdeensiregirl Jun 21st 2009 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal (Post 7685679)
Get hima Leeds United shirt, we maybe shit but at least he will have heard of us !;)

He would be sick over that shirt. Strictly a celtic and man u supporter. But he does know about Al Ain football club. Ebay had one from a former al ain player who was in brazil i think (not my area really) and it was on for £250!!!!
He is a sports writer for the local paper (Turra Squeak) and hoping to be sports editor one day so collecting football shirts

Spugsy Jun 21st 2009 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7685747)
He would be sick over that shirt. Strictly a celtic and man u supporter. But he does know about Al Ain football club. Ebay had one from a former al ain player who was in brazil i think (not my area really) and it was on for £250!!!!
He is a sports writer for the local paper (Turra Squeak) and hoping to be sports editor one day so collecting football shirts

HEH.

Turra squeak?!?

aberdeensiregirl Jun 22nd 2009 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7686026)
HEH.

Turra squeak?!?

Its the local paper. Turriff Advertiser but thats what the locals call it turra squeak. Ask TGFKASE!!!!

Spugsy Jun 22nd 2009 5:42 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7686875)
Its the local paper. Turriff Advertiser but thats what the locals call it turra squeak. Ask TGFKASE!!!!

does it have mouse olympics in it?

http://www.hellokids.com/img/mickey-...foot-72079.jpg

aberdeensiregirl Jun 22nd 2009 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7686981)

Nah sorry - Turriff Show tug of war do instead! And Marquee fighting is as good as wwe!!!!!!!!

Sandboy Jun 22nd 2009 5:57 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7685747)

is having lots of football shirts a qualification ? explains some of the shitty sports journalism here, an afternoon in Karama and you get a job on The National / Dubai Eye :blink:

aberdeensiregirl Jun 22nd 2009 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7687017)
is having lots of football shirts a qualification ? explains some of the shitty sports journalism here, an afternoon in Karama and you get a job on The National / Dubai Eye :blink:

No it is not a qualification the "so" should have been an "and" He just does it as a hobby and because he is interested in football. It does not mean he is a "shitty" reporter.

Sandboy Jun 22nd 2009 6:24 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7687028)
No it is not a qualification the "so" should have been an "and" He just does it as a hobby and because he is interested in football. It does not mean he is a "shitty" reporter.

I'm sure he's not, I said the shitty journalism was here

aberdeensiregirl Jun 22nd 2009 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7687074)

Yes sorry did not mean to sound sarcastic. :o Looked online at Palm sports but no sign of football shirts just rugby and golf.

Spugsy Jun 22nd 2009 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7687074)

aye you're not wrong, it's bloody appalling.

Inselaffen Jun 22nd 2009 7:38 am

there are a couple of shops in the Karama Shopping centre that sell local football shirts.