Air Miles cards

Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:24 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Air Miles cards

THe rubbish ones that you can use at spinneys, I got one a year ago, use it every single time I go in, including sports shops and a few other places that take them.

So far I can have a Kylie CD or a refurbished calculator.

**** my luck, what a waste of time.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:29 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Miles cards

lolol know exactly what you mean. however, having banned the missus using the points at all for a couple of years we now have enough for two free flights to thailand
Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:33 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
lolol know exactly what you mean. however, having banned the missus using the points at all for a couple of years we now have enough for two free flights to thailand
well aye she used hers for the food shopping so I'm sure she must have a fair old bit, honest I might as well chuck mine.

Think I almost have enough for a big bus tour trip.

Gah.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:43 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
well aye she used hers for the food shopping so I'm sure she must have a fair old bit, honest I might as well chuck mine.

Think I almost have enough for a big bus tour trip.

Gah.
get the cards linked mate adds up faster...still farking slow but not quite as slow
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
THe rubbish ones that you can use at spinneys, I got one a year ago, use it every single time I go in, including sports shops and a few other places that take them.

So far I can have a Kylie CD or a refurbished calculator.

**** my luck, what a waste of time.
bloody hell, you must spend a hell of a lot less than me then...i've got hundres of thousands of points, just can't decide what to get...

MM, xx
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
get the cards linked mate adds up faster...still farking slow but not quite as slow
The skywards ones are brilliant.

The airmiles ones are absolute rubbish.

The food intake it takes to replace the energy burned in getting the airmiles card out of your wallet costs you more than the benefit of using it.

I can't recall exactly but I think an airmile is worth 0.07 of a fil.

So go out of your way to spend 100dhs at spineys (about the cost of a chocolate bar there) and you gain an effective 'discount' of about 7fils - less than 0.1%. (need to check those calcs - worked it out in 2004 and can't recall exactly). Shop anywhere else and you'll save about 30% off the bat!

Anyone who does the 'big shop' at spinneys by the way is a fool.

Last edited by Jeeper; Jun 14th 2009 at 3:27 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
why...i'm still to be convinced that crappy carrefour or loulou or hyperpanda is really significantly cheaper...??

anyway, when you live 2 mins walk from spinnneys, it's not like you're going to get in the car and drive to one of the others, defeats the object somewhat...

MM, xx
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:32 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
bloody hell, you must spend a hell of a lot less than me then...i've got hundres of thousands of points, just can't decide what to get...

MM, xx
do you do the food shopping on yours though pet?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:32 pm
why ayeeeee man!

The skywards ones are brilliant.

The airmiles ones are absolute rubbish.

The food intake it takes to replace the energy burned in getting the airmiles card out of your wallet costs you more than the benefit of using it.

I can't recall exactly but I think an airmile is worth 0.07 of a fil.

So go out of your way to spend 100dhs at spineys (about the cost of a chocolate bar there) and you gain an effective 'discount' of about 7fils - less than 0.1%. (need to check those calcs - worked it out in 2004 and can't recall exactly). Shop anywhere else and you'll save about 30% off the bat!

I said that and got lambasted my MM, so be careful....
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
why...i'm still to be convinced that crappy carrefour or loulou or hyperpanda is really significantly cheaper...??

anyway, when you live 2 mins walk from spinnneys, it's not like you're going to get in the car and drive to one of the others, defeats the object somewhat...

MM, xx

Spinneys just 'looks' better.

Shop elsewhere for a month.....you'll save hundreds, and if you have a family i'd say you'd save well over a thousand dirhams a month.....enough for a nice weekend away every month just for sacrificing the 'nice polished fruit' which is exactly the same as the stuff elsewhere but not shined up individually.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Spinneys just 'looks' better.

Shop elsewhere for a month.....you'll save hundreds, and if you have a family i'd say you'd save well over a thousand dirhams a month.....enough for a nice weekend away every month just for sacrificing the 'nice polished fruit' which is exactly the same as the stuff elsewhere but not shined up individually.
i just don't think there really are these savings...we should do a shopping basket to compare...!

i'm really not bothered about it being all nice and shiny, as i said, for me it's convenience factor...

MM, xx
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:49 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

I like my airmiles card. Spinneys, MMI, Harley and a number of others all give points. Saying that, it does take a while (unless I'm in Harley!) to collect enough to do anything with them but, hey wth, they are free.

Mrs RK also does most of the shopping in Spinneys cause it's nearby and she can find what she wants. TBH, I couldn't be arsed shopping around to save a couple of fils or dirhams. I have better things to do with my life like post on here.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Roadking
I like my airmiles card. Spinneys, MMI, Harley and a number of others all give points. Saying that, it does take a while (unless I'm in Harley!) to collect enough to do anything with them but, hey wth, they are free.

Mrs RK also does most of the shopping in Spinneys cause it's nearby and she can find what she wants. TBH, I couldn't be arsed shopping around to save a couple of fils or dirhams. I have better things to do with my life like post on here.
I'd agree if it was a couple of fils or dirhams....but it ain't.
Each to their own.