Ain't she a beauty!!!

Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ain't she a beauty!!!

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Have to admit, I am now suffering from car-envy!! If it hadn't been for the fact that I had to use my car allowance to buy 2 cars, its what I would have bought!! But, I am more than happy with my current form of transport...
I test drove the RT before deciding upon the Golf R32 (which I p/x'd to get the RS4). I liked the RT but the Germanic nature of the Golf's interior won me over.

I like the Audi S/RS's because they are 'sleeper cars'. Unless you are in 'the know' about cars, people just think its an Audi A4.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:59 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Have to admit, I am now suffering from car-envy!! If it hadn't been for the fact that I had to use my car allowance to buy 2 cars, its what I would have bought!! But, I am more than happy with my current form of transport...
So which one are you ?...............Starsky or Hutch ?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:12 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Ain't she a beauty!!!

They rust like crazy, go thru parts like crazy and will breakdown on you at the most inopportune moment but, when everything is working, they are probably the best drivers car on the road.....
If everything is working as it should in an Alfa Romeo be afraid, be very afraid. Just consider it to be like this, Alfa put faults into cars so that you realise how much better the experience is when XYZ works so by taking something away they are actually giving you something .

To be honest car lovers do tend to prefer the hopelessly unreliable cars like Alfa Romeo, TVR, Ariel etc.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
If everything is working as it should in an Alfa Romeo be afraid, be very afraid. Just consider it to be like this, Alfa put faults into cars so that you realise how much better the experience is when XYZ works so by taking something away they are actually giving you something .

To be honest car lovers do tend to prefer the hopelessly unreliable cars like Alfa Romeo, TVR, Ariel etc.
My mate at work has a new Brera (1st in UAE). I was always taking the p out of him about their reliability. The tables turned when he foun out I forgot to mention that my (then) 3month old Golf R32 had a whole new gearbox replaced under warranty.

To this day, he still has had no troubles with his Alfa, he must feel cheated
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Heres my baby. Got her in storage back in the UK for whenever I head back to visit.....
nice car. shame about the Ghetto in the background. looks like the car has been nicked and dumped there by joyriders
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

will be putting my Yankie Capri up for sale this week
will have to get used to having no car. Just too damn expensive over in Singapore.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 1:51 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
will have to get used to having no car. Just too damn expensive over in Singapore.
Yankie Capri.....Is that what Skoda's are called here then ?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree with C on this one... If you are a real petrol head, you must, at some point in your life, own an Alfa....

They rust like crazy, go thru parts like crazy and will breakdown on you at the most inopportune moment but, when everything is working, they are probably the best drivers car on the road.....
Just for that statement alone I'll let you have your way with me...

Alfas are cars with the most character there ever is...The only minus points they have, for the past 25 or so years, is that they've gone front-wheel-drive...But still, top machines...
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2
My mate at work has a new Brera (1st in UAE). I was always taking the p out of him about their reliability. The tables turned when he foun out I forgot to mention that my (then) 3month old Golf R32 had a whole new gearbox replaced under warranty.

To this day, he still has had no troubles with his Alfa, he must feel cheated
A friend of mine has an Alfa 156 GTA, one of only 4 brought to the UAE and the only one running like a clock...It's been with him since 2002 and still running like a dream...One of the fastest cars I've driven till now...
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:56 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Hi everyone interested.

Built in good old Germany, shipped to the UAE 21 months ago, and now back in the EU. Got a phone call this afternoon from the Rotterdam port authorities. One Audi A6 3.2 liter V6 Quattro just came rolling out of a 20 foot sea container in mint condition. Now an other € 2.850 to get her road worthy in Europe again + €200 for Dutch number plates + €???? Luxury tax and my Ford can go to her final resting place. (Sorry all you females on this BE board, but this is a male thing. Can't wait to take her back onto the German highways where she belongs.)

Attachment 71502
Male thing?

Looks like a nice way to increase your carbon footprint to me...a ton or so of car shipped from Germany to the UAE and then to the Netherlands.

I don't understand this at all and I am quite unapologetically male...

N.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 5:10 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Male thing?

Looks like a nice way to increase your carbon footprint to me...a ton or so of car shipped from Germany to the UAE and then to the Netherlands.

I don't understand this at all and I am quite unapologetically male...

N.
It's called saving +/- € 25.000 on the purchase of a second hand car Norm. And that's including all extra costs and luxury taxes here in Holland. The Audi dealer in Amsterdam has already offered me € 37.500 (I paid € 26.863 for her including all costs) for the car in it's current condition. And as this Dutch boy has serious plans of becoming an expat again (Africa) I am thinking of selling the car. And by the way? A UK national living in the UAE, therefore contributing a factor 10.000 times more to the carbon foot printing (Just look at your life style and the side effects of it) looks down his noose at me? Nobody forced you to live there, you're doing it for the same reasons, earn the max in the minimum time.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got an early IBM 300 PL (mid 90's) for exactly the same reason, I fell in love with it (I'm not usually a hoarder) so I had it shipped half way around the world. Sure I've had to upgrade it a few times (way beyond what was economically viable) when stuff broke but it's totally unique now and it's become a part of me...only I know how to press the power switch with a pencil to turn it on or that it has this quality feel about it because PCs where expensive and made to last

Ugliest Base unit ive ever seen, most of them you had to use a pencil or a paperclip as the button was broke / never reached the internal switch.

To be honest for me Im glad to see the back of them, I still get them now and then and they go staright to scrap, still heavy fookers.

As for Cars im well tempted by the A4 Estate, just dont think its big enough for me inside, currently got a E39 as a temp while I consider my future
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 7:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
how much - PM me