Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

aggghhh...dubai restaurant booking...

aggghhh...dubai restaurant booking...

Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default aggghhh...dubai restaurant booking...

...i've got a real bee in my bonnet about dubai restaurants who say they are full when you phone up, and you know they aren't...

went to the exchange grill this evening...monsieur medusa had phoned to book last night. he asked for a table at 8pm, the woman said, err, can you do 7.30pm, he said, no, i want 8pm, she said, how about 8.30pm...so he said, ok, i'll just book somewhere else...she then said, please hold for one moment, came back and said yes 8pm was fine, he asked how this was suddenly possible, and she said she had just been given the verbal go ahead...

anyway, we arrived this evening at 8pm and there was ONE other table of two in there...it didn't even start to get remotely busy until we left at 9.45pm...

it's pathetic...and they wonder why they are doing so badly...

oh, it's a great restuarant, btw...

MM, xx
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aggghhh...dubai restaurant booking...

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
...i've got a real bee in my bonnet about dubai restaurants who say they are full when you phone up, and you know they aren't...

went to the exchange grill this evening...monsieur medusa had phoned to book last night. he asked for a table at 8pm, the woman said, err, can you do 7.30pm, he said, no, i want 8pm, she said, how about 8.30pm...so he said, ok, i'll just book somewhere else...she then said, please hold for one moment, came back and said yes 8pm was fine, he asked how this was suddenly possible, and she said she had just been given the verbal go ahead...

anyway, we arrived this evening at 8pm and there was ONE other table of two in there...it didn't even start to get remotely busy until we left at 9.45pm...

it's pathetic...and they wonder why they are doing so badly...

oh, it's a great restuarant, btw...

MM, xx
A ccustomer is like a thief; you never know when they will drop by...
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
A ccustomer is like a thief; you never know when they will drop by...
they are just lazy sods who can't be arsed to serve anyone, obviously...

MM, xx
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

they are just lazy sods who can't be arsed to serve anyone, obviously...

MM, xx
Just think that if they honestly had a "full house" regularly, their prices will actually go down...
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just think that if they honestly had a "full house" regularly, their prices will actually go down...
well maybe...i get 20% discount, so it made it just about reasonable...just about...

MM, xx
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well maybe...i get 20% discount, so it made it just about reasonable...just about...

MM, xx
But they're still 100% overpriced...It's just cow meat in the end...
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But they're still 100% overpriced...It's just cow meat in the end...
bloody good cowmeat to be fair...yeah, so i was only 80% ripped off then...

MM, xx
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bloody good cowmeat to be fair...yeah, so i was only 80% ripped off then...

MM, xx
Since it's only you and me talking, we should get a room...Use your card and step into a world of 80% pleasure...
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Since it's only you and me talking, we should get a room...Use your card and step into a world of 80% pleasure...
hey, i'd expect 100% if i'm giving my card out...

MM, xx
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Good god MM you get more meals out than the Pizza Hut delivery boy !
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hey, i'd expect 100% if i'm giving my card out...

MM, xx
You may get a larger room...
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
Good god MM you get more meals out than the Pizza Hut delivery boy !
yeah, that's why i'm the size i am, lol...

MM, xx
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You may get a larger room...
i guarantee it...

MM, xx
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, that's why i'm the size i am, lol...

MM, xx
Yeah alright...................a real blonde Bella Emberg !
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
Yeah alright...................a real blonde Bella Emberg !
i'm close, believe me...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.