aeroplane windows

Old Oct 19th 2011, 9:30 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aeroplane windows

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
The best seat is the one near the doors,all that leg room
The best seats are in First Class...
Old Oct 19th 2011, 9:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I think the people at check-in counters do this on purpose...seems they have a policy of punishing people over 5'10" - the amount of times I've been squeezed into a tiny seat and seen midgets stretching out a few seats down is amazing.

N.
Baffling isn't it.

I don't expect special treatment, just makes more sense for me to be sat somewhere that my knees don't touch the seat in front.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Baffling isn't it.
Not really. People check in online 24hrs before the flight departs and those that do tend to pick the best seats. If you ask at the check-in desk if a seat in a specific part/row of the plane is avialable and it is you'll get it.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're flying with emirates you can select your deat as soon as you book. If you are a silver or gold card holder you can also get blue card or non card holders booted out of their window seats :-) The power mwhahahaha
Old Oct 19th 2011, 9:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by abz_to_dbx
Not really. People check in online 24hrs before the flight departs and those that do tend to pick the best seats. If you ask at the check-in desk if a seat in a specific part/row of the plane is avialable and it is you'll get it.
Sorry, I meant in general. On emirates I always opt for the seats right at the back in a pair.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 1:50 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
The best seats are in First Class...
Exactly...first or at least business.

It makes me cry to fly economy, never mind the seats but all the queueing with baggage, waiting at the passport control or no access to a decent lounge before the flight.
They have the right idea in Doha where one of the terminals is for business or first class only.

Last edited by weasel decentral; Oct 19th 2011 at 1:53 pm. Reason: mixing with peasants gave me the shivers
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:15 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: aeroplane windows

mmm...Nice and snug in economy class, next to a nice working class bit of crumpet please. Isle seat so she has to climb past you a few times as well.

a la...

Just my cup of tea .
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

scot-ish has a spectacular aura aboutscot-ish has a spectacular aura aboutscot-ish has a spectacular aura about

i book emirates now.

have a look on seatgurudotcom. tells you the better seats on certain types of planes.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 3:56 am
Banned

charismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Scamp
Those are the ones that are always taken by short people aren't they.

They should be free and provided to folk like me.
They put traveling employees in the exit rows thinking that they know how to open the doors in case of emergency.