British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Adultery (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/adultery-550324/)

lionheart Jul 21st 2008 12:45 pm

Adultery

According to those gulfnews.com people, eight women and one man are soon to be stoned to death in Iran for committing adultery. Life would become very interesting if they decide to apply Shariah law here in Dubai...

busterboy Jul 21st 2008 12:46 pm

Re: Adultery

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6594288)
According to those gulfnews.com people, eight women and one man are soon to be stoned to death in Iran for committing adultery. Life would become very interesting if they decide to apply Shariah law here in Dubai...

For God Sakes man, were you not just married the other week?

MataHari Jul 21st 2008 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by busterboy (Post 6594291)

lol...yeah...for the 6th time..

Madam Medusa Jul 21st 2008 12:49 pm

same in most other countries around the world...not sure what your point is...?

MM, xx

Spugsy Jul 21st 2008 1:24 pm

yeah I saw that, it's ****ing horrific, I'm completely opposed to any death penalty, but stoning?

Unless it means smoking so much skunk your head falls off, that would be less painful.

Meow Jul 21st 2008 1:32 pm

So eight guilty women, but just one guilty man?

Stoning people to death is so damn primitive. The sentence hardly fits the crime. :frown:

Norm_uk Jul 21st 2008 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 6594434)
So eight guilty women, but just one guilty man?

Stoning people to death is so damn primitive. The sentence hardly fits the crime. :frown:

The eight women and one man thing doesn't surprise me. Even in the Old Testament a man cannot be punished for adultery unless he sleeps with someone else's wife whereas a woman can be punished for sleeping with anyone who isn't her husband. Damned primitive male dominated cultures gone wild...

Adultery isn't a crime though...it's a breech of a marital contract you make with someone. :frown:

Stoning is right up there with crucifixion and hanging as barbaric ways to apply the death penalty....yet it is an immutable fact of sharia law :(

N.

The Dean Jul 21st 2008 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 6594583)
The eight women and one man thing doesn't surprise me. Even in the Old Testament a man cannot be punished for adultery unless he sleeps with someone else's wife whereas a woman can be punished for sleeping with anyone who isn't her husband. Damned primitive male dominated cultures gone wild...

Adultery isn't a crime though...it's a breech of a marital contract you make with someone. :frown:

Stoning is right up there with crucifixion and hanging as barbaric ways to apply the death penalty....yet it is an immutable fact of sharia law :(

N.

Why are we repeating MY thread? My ego hates it when that happens.....

With hindsight, calling it "This Is Nice" may have been a trifle misleading.........

lionheart Jul 22nd 2008 5:08 am

Originally Posted by busterboy (Post 6594291)

What? Its been six years, pal...

busterboy Jul 22nd 2008 5:10 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6596710)
What? Its been six years, pal...

Well you took your frickin time to upload the photos then...

MataHari Jul 22nd 2008 5:16 am

Originally Posted by busterboy (Post 6596713)

hahahhahahhahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....tell me you are joking girl...

lionheart Jul 22nd 2008 8:31 am

Originally Posted by busterboy (Post 6596713)

Methinks you are confusing me with somebody else as I have no idea how to even upload photos:)

busterboy Jul 22nd 2008 11:24 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6597236)
Methinks you are confusing me with somebody else as I have no idea how to even upload photos:)

I have just doublechecked...ahem...there appears to be a recently nuptialed American Lord Lionheart.

Eh...congrats on your long happy marriage...ps he isn't a patch on you:)