Adu Dhabians

Old Apr 16th 2015, 3:41 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adu Dhabians

Ive lived in Dubai for almost 3 years now and have been to RAK, Fujerah and AbuDhabi for a few nights each. And to be fair I absolutely loved RAK and AbuDhabi. I like the laid back attitude and almost non-existent traffic (compared to where I live in Dubai). AD did have some extra moisture in the air in the summer time for my liking but who am I to say anything about any city's weather after having suffered 3 summers here in Dubai
If I am offered to open an office in Abu Dhabi or RAK, I would be the first one to say aye yes sir!!
Old Apr 16th 2015, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Ive lived in Dubai for almost 3 years now and have been to RAK, Fujerah and AbuDhabi for a few nights each. And to be fair I absolutely loved RAK and AbuDhabi. I like the laid back attitude and almost non-existent traffic (compared to where I live in Dubai). AD did have some extra moisture in the air in the summer time for my liking but who am I to say anything about any city's weather after having suffered 3 summers here in Dubai
If I am offered to open an office in Abu Dhabi or RAK, I would be the first one to say aye yes sir!!
👍🏻😊
Old Apr 19th 2015, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

driftingaway is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by csdf
It's funny - Dubai expats frequently seem to despise Abu Dhabi. Whereas most Abu Dhabians that I know seem to think that Dubai is a nice place to visit on occasion, but wouldn't want to live there.
My sentiments exactly.

The only bit of Dubai I prefer to Abu Dhabi is Deira/Bur Dubai - areas that have a bit of culture. Otherwise, I'll take Abu Dhabi, with its quiet, free beaches, compact grid road system and malls that aren't full of loud westerners in mini skirts any day.

AB DABZ 4 LYF
Old Apr 19th 2015, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by driftingaway
My sentiments exactly.

The only bit of Dubai I prefer to Abu Dhabi is Deira/Bur Dubai - areas that have a bit of culture. Otherwise, I'll take Abu Dhabi, with its quiet, free beaches, compact grid road system and malls that aren't full of loud westerners in mini skirts any day.

AB DABZ 4 LYF
Yeyyy for Ab Dhabz 😀
Old Apr 19th 2015, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Quiet? Yep.

Free beaches? Dubai has 'em too. Many of 'em. And there's now a long running trail alongside the beaches.

Compact grid? Fair enough. Takes forever to go anywhere due to traffic light at every bleedin' intersection.

Malls that aren't full of loud westerners in mini skirts? Fair enough. But they're full of faceless women in black sacks. Rather pointed that it was in AD that a wacko killed an American woman because of her accent.

Originally Posted by driftingaway
My sentiments exactly.

AB DABZ 4 LYF
Old Apr 19th 2015, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rubydo
Yeyyy for Ab Dhabz 😀
I bet you've become great at cross stitch and can bake a mean scone for the AD WI
You've had the life sapped out of you in 6 years and don't even know it. Escape whilst you still can
Old Apr 19th 2015, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
I bet you've become great at cross stitch and can bake a mean scone for the AD WI
You've had the life sapped out of you in 6 years and don't even know it. Escape whilst you still can
Nah I much prefer to knit if I'm completely honest and as for my baking u would kill for one of my scones 😉
I love living here in AD
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Even though I spent most of my school years in Abu Dhabi, the way some Abudhabians go out of their way to criticize Dubai smacks of sour .........

It takes less time to cover the 20km from Dubai Mall to Bin Batuta than to cover 5km in downtown Abu Dhabi due to the unsynchronized lights.

And the quality of housing you get for any given amount is still better in Dubai.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

I didn't start this thread as a dick measuring competition between AD and Dubai but just to get different views on where to hang out, dine ect... I understand people r entitled to an opinion but this is just turning into boring arguments!
Old Apr 20th 2015, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't start this thread as a dick measuring competition between AD and Dubai but just to get different views on where to hang out, dine ect... I understand people r entitled to an opinion but this is just turning into boring arguments!
Spot on.

Although for the record, my penis is the largest. It's just a shame it grows out of my forehead.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Spot on.

Although for the record, my penis is the largest. It's just a shame it grows out of my forehead.
Haha like most men 😉
Old Apr 20th 2015, 8:42 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Rather pointed that it was in AD that a wacko killed an American woman because of her accent.
well, thats an unfair generalization of AD(ites) in my opinion

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Spot on.

Although for the record, my penis is the largest
now hold on there....
Old Apr 20th 2015, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Much better banter 😀😀
Old Apr 21st 2015, 9:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

That's all it will ever be!

Dubai folk; Abu Dhabi is a dump, the grid system is a joke because nothing is named the same way and nothing has both names to check, it's boring, there's nothing to do, the malls are bang average etc etc.

AD folk; Dubai's full of *****, it's got no 'culture', the traffic's shit etc etc.

Basically, it's a pointless pissing contest. Just wait for someone from KSA or Qatar or Kuwait or something to wade in and say the whole of the UAE is soft and not really an expat location and they're better because they're in a shitter country (honestly, people think they're better because their living standards are worse. It's like saying I'm a better human being because I'm fatter, therefore there is more of me to be great....when really, I'm just fat).
Old Apr 21st 2015, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
That's all it will ever be!

Dubai folk; Abu Dhabi is a dump, the grid system is a joke because nothing is named the same way and nothing has both names to check, it's boring, there's nothing to do, the malls are bang average etc etc.

AD folk; Dubai's full of *****, it's got no 'culture', the traffic's shit etc etc.

Basically, it's a pointless pissing contest. Just wait for someone from KSA or Qatar or Kuwait or something to wade in and say the whole of the UAE is soft and not really an expat location and they're better because they're in a shitter country (honestly, people think they're better because their living standards are worse. It's like saying I'm a better human being because I'm fatter, therefore there is more of me to be great....when really, I'm just fat).
I am certainly a better human being then if we r going on weight 😂
I do agree there will never be no competitions im just saying It's not needed on this thread!

Anyway I'm currently sunbathing so life's not all bad 😜

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.