Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Ads that definately arent pc

Wikiposts

Ads that definately arent pc

Old May 13th 2008, 7:07 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ads that definately arent pc

All can be found here
http://www.rushmessageboard.com/cpmb...hp/t20631.html

Old May 13th 2008, 7:08 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ads that definately arent pc

Old May 13th 2008, 7:09 pm
**** it we'll do it live

Old May 13th 2008, 9:30 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

surely those are not for real...
Old May 13th 2008, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
surely those are not for real...
They don't make gals the way they used to....
Old May 13th 2008, 10:46 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
They don't make gals the way they used to....
love the blow in her face one...
Old May 13th 2008, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
love the blow in her face one...
That's you in the picture, isn't it????
Old May 13th 2008, 10:50 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

That's you in the picture, isn't it????
Thought she was in the 'Fabulous Bakin Boys' ad, with her muffins warming nicely.....
Old May 14th 2008, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

There's a real un-PC one on nowadays.........

It's a skin thing called "Fair and Lovely" or something. A casting director is about to reject an Indian actress/model for being too dark, but then she cleans the glass window and he sees she's actually fairer-skinned than she first seemed - so she gets the job.

Couldn't believe it when I first saw it.

Old May 14th 2008, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Dean
There's a real un-PC one on nowadays.........

It's a skin thing called "Fair and Lovely" or something. A casting director is about to reject an Indian actress/model for being too dark, but then she cleans the glass window and he sees she's actually fairer-skinned than she first seemed - so she gets the job.

Couldn't believe it when I first saw it.

Naaah. Honky chics lie in the sun 'cuz they think dark skin is more attractive. Desi sisters apply whitening products 'cuz they think pale skin is more attractive....
Old May 14th 2008, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Naaah. Honky chics lie in the sun 'cuz they think dark skin is more attractive. Desi sisters apply whitening products 'cuz they think pale skin is more attractive....
Oh well that's all right then.....
Old May 14th 2008, 12:54 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

It's crazy, isn't it? The Philippino girl who applied my fake tan a couple of weeks ago said, "I don't know what is wrong with you women. You have beautiful white skin, why do you want to dye it brown?". The she told me how much of her salary she was spending on whitening products! Her skin was the most beautiful colour, I just don't understand why she wanted to bleach it.

But then I guess the origins of wanting lighter skin in the east are the same as wanting darker skin in the west...

And yeah, I find that 'Fair and Lovely' ad shocking, too, although I haven't seen it.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:58 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
It's crazy, isn't it? The Philippino girl who applied my fake tan a couple of weeks ago said, "I don't know what is wrong with you women. You have beautiful white skin, why do you want to dye it brown?". The she told me how much of her salary she was spending on whitening products! Her skin was the most beautiful colour, I just don't understand why she wanted to bleach it.

But then I guess the origins of wanting lighter skin in the east are the same as wanting darker skin in the west...

And yeah, I find that 'Fair and Lovely' ad shocking, too, although I haven't seen it.
In the west dark skin shows that you can afford to go on holiday and lie around in the sun.
In the east light skin shows that you dont work in the feilds all day and can avoid the sun......

go figure? what gets me is the same companies that make fake tan also make skin bleaching stuff.....
Old May 14th 2008, 12:59 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
Not sure if the origins are really the same in east and west. The westerners want to look outdoors and healthy...not sure what the easterners want, but some look distinctly unhealthy....when we saw the Fair and Lovely advert, my wife screamed aloud...as for me, I thought they were advertising a window cleaning product
Old May 14th 2008, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When Jaguar started using real walnut in the interiors of their top-range models back in the late-eighties (on the fascias, dashboards, etc), they advertised the fact in the Sunday broadsheets with the following slogan:

"A woman, a dog, and a walnut tree,
The harder you beat them, the better they'll be...."

Apparently, sales didn't increase as much as they had hoped..........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.