The Address

Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:51 am
W10

Default The Address

Subject of those annoying radio ads. Has anyone actually been?

It strikes me that a hotel that has to advertise itself as 'the hottest new venue in town' is not really hot at all.

Likewise, any hotel that advertises itself as 'iconic' without someone else first putting the label on it.....

I have to say the radio ads make me not want to go.

Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all
Default Re: The Address

Hadn't heard those.

To be fair, it's quite a nice hotel inside and we have friends staying there at the moment. The lights on the outside are a bit much but the hotel is only the first 12 floors, the rest are apartments.

The Brazilian bar on the lobby level is quite nice although to sit outside you now need to book it appears even on a week night.

There is a bar on the 63rd floor which has great views but I believe they ask an entry fee of AED100 just to go up there!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i like the hotel decor, and the loos downstairs are fab, despite the sinks being low enough even for my kids...

the bar on the 63 floor is ok, shite music, but there is a weird mix of people in there at the mo, guess they are all checking it out, wouldn't rush to go back...service was dreadful in there and it wasn't even that busy...

MM, xx

Last edited by Madam Medusa; Dec 4th 2008 at 8:08 am.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

I went a couple of months back and thought it was alreet, nice to sit outside and enjoy a drink or two.

Getting a cab home was a bit annoying, but i think its easier now as more is open in the area...
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:33 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

you a Geordie???

not been looks impressive at night though
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Nah from Sarf London, via the sarfwest... Just got a few Geordie mates and my gran was geordie if that counts?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:47 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Nah from Sarf London, via the sarfwest... Just got a few Geordie mates and my gran was geordie if that counts?
that's good enough for me
Old Dec 5th 2008, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you a Geordie???

not been looks impressive at night though
Originally Posted by Blue Cat
that's good enough for me
I see that the Leader for Liberation Front of Geordistan has already greeted you...
Old Dec 5th 2008, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

ssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i like the hotel decor, and the loos downstairs are fab, despite the sinks being low enough even for my kids...

the bar on the 63 floor is ok, shite music, but there is a weird mix of people in there at the mo, guess they are all checking it out, wouldn't rush to go back...service was dreadful in there and it wasn't even that busy...

MM, xx
Seconded.....

My partner was there the other night and, aside from being pissed off that he had to pay 200 cover charge for him and his gf, he had to ask for the bill 3 times.

After 20 mins waiting - and still no response - he simply got up and walked out without paying. Surprise surprise, someone chased him to the lift....sir sir! He made the poor chappy travel down in the lift with him while he paid!

Will still take a looky-see...even if it just for the sport of paying the bill.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

I went again last night to the outside bar, which i really like... the sound system is awful tho, tried to get them to sort it out, but they told us it was controlled by some far away central being, who could not be contacted!!

Old Dec 5th 2008, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Subject of those annoying radio ads. Has anyone actually been?

It strikes me that a hotel that has to advertise itself as 'the hottest new venue in town' is not really hot at all.

Likewise, any hotel that advertises itself as 'iconic' without someone else first putting the label on it.....

I have to say the radio ads make me not want to go.
The most annoying ads...Especially the one where a guy plays the role of an international gangmaster for a bunch of muppets...Clowns...
Old Dec 5th 2008, 1:51 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I went again last night to the outside bar, which i really like... the sound system is awful tho, tried to get them to sort it out, but they told us it was controlled by some far away central being, who could not be contacted!!

Tupac Shakur?............