British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   AD Sports Installation (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/ad-sports-installation-790042/)

Ronnie Biggs Mar 10th 2013 12:37 pm

AD Sports Installation

I just got round to buying the box but I can't get it to work. I have OSN (direct, not via Etisalat/Du) on cable. Can I just get someone to split the OSN cable or do I need to get a separate dish installed?

Anyone know any decent companies that can sort me out....

Cheers for any advice..... :)

rowell Mar 10th 2013 1:39 pm

Re: AD Sports Installation

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs (Post 10595039)
I just got round to buying the box but I can't get it to work. I have OSN (direct, not via Etisalat/Du) on cable. Can I just get someone to split the OSN cable or do I need to get a separate dish installed?

When I enquired you certainly couldnt get the service direct with OSN, it had to be via Du.

Sandboy Mar 10th 2013 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs (Post 10595039)

i did used to split it but i occasionally caused problems, when osn upgraded they insisted on installing a new dish which solved it

Ronnie Biggs Mar 10th 2013 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 10595387)
i did used to split it but i occasionally caused problems, when osn upgraded they insisted on installing a new dish which solved it

So having bought the box, can I sort this via OSN? AD Sports customer service are total muppets so still none the wiser really.....;)

Does anyone know a decent satellite company if OSN can't do it? I only want to watch the football but this has turned into a proper ball ache....:zzz:

mentalist Mar 10th 2013 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 10595105)
When I enquired you certainly couldnt get the service direct with OSN, it had to be via Du.

Eh? What does Du have to do with it? We have OSN, AD Sports and Jazirah Sports Plus with Du nowhere to be seen, thank goodness. We also found the AD Sports people to be helpful.

OleJanx Mar 10th 2013 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10595440)
Eh? What does Du have to do with it? We have OSN, AD Sports and Jazirah Sports Plus with Du nowhere to be seen, thank goodness. We also found the AD Sports people to be helpful.

So rather than give some useful information, I expect you require payment for helping someone out?

Sandboy Mar 10th 2013 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs (Post 10595411)
So having bought the box, can I sort this via OSN? AD Sports customer service are total muppets so still none the wiser really.....;)

Does anyone know a decent satellite company if OSN can't do it? I only want to watch the football but this has turned into a proper ball ache....:zzz:

Try a splitter first, only a few AED, if it doesn't work just go to a little electrical shop and theyll know someone who'll instal another dish

Osn only came out when they insisted on upgrading my box

busybee2 Mar 10th 2013 6:07 pm

you cannot use osn box for any other satellite you need to have own box/dish. we have osn on one dish, and ad sports on another separate dish. since they changed their boxes to the new hd ones with card specific you cannot use double up.

BAT7311 Mar 19th 2013 11:05 pm

anyone know of a DNS that gives access to the middle east so i can watch (and off course pay) for ADMC on the internet

Sandboy Mar 20th 2013 7:17 am

Originally Posted by BAT7311 (Post 10613540)
anyone know of a DNS that gives access to the middle east so i can watch (and off course pay) for ADMC on the internet

Witopia offered a Cairo option which got access ok but choked the speed and made viewing crap

Premieradlive are offering excellent streams

BAT7311 Mar 21st 2013 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 10614066)
Witopia offered a Cairo option which got access ok but choked the speed and made viewing crap

Premieradlive are offering excellent streams

thanx but with witopia do you mean VPNS´as DNS dont afect bandwidth ??

Sandboy Mar 22nd 2013 7:31 am

Originally Posted by BAT7311 (Post 10617389)
thanx but with witopia do you mean VPNS´as DNS dont afect bandwidth ??

I do, apologies my IT knowledge is rather limited, thought they were the same :D

*never seen Star Wars and once kissed a girl

the premieradlive bit is relevant though, excellent streams